Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Is it time to start sounding alarm bells here again? It's August 10, they have no head coach, and have not announced any player signings. The only "news" on their website since the end of the season is this not-so deep dive into the 2022-23 schedule.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Is it time to start sounding alarm bells here again? It's August 10, they have no head coach, and have not announced any player signings. The only "news" on their website since the end of the season is this not-so deep dive into the 2022-23 schedule.
Their web presence this summer has been primarily on Facebook, keeping up with the team's community-based activities. The season doesn't start for another 72 days. Let Ms. Glamour Shots enjoy her extended birthday party for another 6 weeks or so, before you start planning the Bobcats' funeral.

GindyDraws

#HutchOut
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Their web presence this summer has been primarily on Facebook, keeping up with the team's community-based activities. The season doesn't start for another 72 days. Let Ms. Glamour Shots enjoy her extended birthday party for another 6 weeks or so, before you start planning the Bobcats' funeral.
Leave her alone; it's her birthday year!

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
As of Monday Vermilion County has let go of the guy that had been doing everything in their front office/broadcasting and brought on a new guy with the title of VP of marketing and public relations. Director of team security survived the purge. I could have sworn there was a post on their facebook page about the move but I think it has since been taken down.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
As of Monday Vermilion County has let go of the guy that had been doing everything in their front office/broadcasting and brought on a new guy with the title of VP of marketing and public relations. Director of team security survived the purge. I could have sworn there was a post on their facebook page about the move but I think it has since been taken down.
How long before the Vermilion County Board insists the team stop using the VC name, to minimize civic collateral damage?

Reactions: jabberoski

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Ellen's doing a hell of a job!

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Have you read this guy's bio? The fact that he is acting as security for a single A team makes you wonder why he is wasting his time doing so. I'm sure he's well compensated.
Oh yes. He's been the butt of my jokes on here and elsewhere since the beginning of last season. I'd bet he's well compensated for whatever it is (or who) he's doing.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Just announced T.J. Sarcona as coach. His last stop was coaching a U16 AAA team. Not sure if I can link to a facebook post

The Bobcats are so touchy they've already disabled commenting.

It's hard to believe they could be more comically inept in Year Two, but here we are, a month or so from training camp, they've fired the broadcaster/marketing guy, hired a coach from U16 youth hockey, have no ticket sales or marketing staff... and kept the director of team security.

Bang the gong!

Af77

Sep 23, 2020

The Bobcats are so touchy they've already disabled commenting.

It's hard to believe they could be more comically inept in Year Two, but here we are, a month or so from training camp, they've fired the broadcaster/marketing guy, hired a coach from U16 youth hockey, have no ticket sales or marketing staff... and kept the director of team security.

Bang the gong!
They should have just made the director of team security the coach

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Is that about what the average is for a coach at this level?

I'd imagine that'd be the (very) low end of SPHL head coaching salaries. There were multiple coaches making between $50K and $60K in the SPHL 10 years ago. DeTulleo is probably making at least $60K/year working for keith Jeffries in Huntsville, who tries to run the team on the cheap but knows that he has to pay his coaches more to put up with his meddling.

I just can't see an organization like Vermilion County paying a decent salary, given the amount of turnover in the coach's office and the lack of front office staff, which combine to indicate a skinflint owner.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"VC Boob-cats & the Danville Dream..........Take 2..........aaaaannnnnddddd ... ACTION!" :popcorn:
-------------------------------------------------------
Bobcats season opener in jeopardy; lawsuit pending
MARVIN HOLMAN
11 hrs ago (October 12, 2022)

DANVILLE — The second season of Vermilion County Bobcats hockey could be in jeopardy with the season slated to start in just over a week.

According to a press release received on Wednesday, issues with the David S. Palmer Arena led the Bobcats to file a lawsuit against the Arena’s operator, the Vermilion County Metropolitan Exposition Auditorium and Office Building Authority.

The lawsuit, which was filed in March and amended in August, claimed persistent problems with the ice kept it from being ready for skating. It also claimed that arena management failed to train staff members to operate a Zamboni machine which was purchased last year. Similar issues moved the first home game of last season from October to November and has caused problems with practices and other events the Bobcats host. ...

Former Arena General Manager Joe Dunagan was fired last month by the Arena’s board. The board is now in the midst of recruiting a new GM.

Among issues mentioned in the press release was sewage from under walls and flooring that went into the Bobcats’ locker room that caused problems for players and even Southern Professional Hockey League referees to change and get ready for games.

Also, it was alleged that the Bobcats’ concession stand is understaffed and failed to meet basic food preparation health standards and that the arena has failed to arrange for a licensed food vendor. ...

Read more (like last time) at: Bobcats season opener in jeopardy; lawsuit pending

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
To pin this on the team isn't really fair or even accurate. The arena somehow thought it was a good idea to screw over the Dashers in order to get an SPHL team then kept up the same ineptitude the Dashers complained about and actually let it get worse.

Reactions: Roadhog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad