Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
They are also weirdly "limiting" capacity but not requiring masks
Palmer is apparently taking advantage of the following IDPH FAQ language for indoor masking under current Illinois COVID orders ... "Individuals in indoor public places must wear a face covering at all times, unless they can consistently maintain six feet of distance ... ."

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Palmer Arena only seats, what, 2,200 normally? Enforce social distancing and that number drops quickly.
2350, officially, for sporting events. Still not sure that descriptor applies to Boobcat hockey, though. :huh:

Last edited:

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
As soon as I get my full refund from "Opening Weekend" that number will go up by two for some other lucky fans. Because I'm SURE they're counting previously sold but unredeemed tickets in their home game attendance figures. Probably the same math will apply for every subsequent home game they can manage to pull off. :whatever:
Typically, the way it works, the tickets stick with the game code in the ticketing system. Your tickets for that game would be good for whatever date they reschedule the game for.

I forget the actual codes for the games that season but when the Ice Flyers had to reschedule games, the codes got shuffled to something like:

PEN17
PEN18
PEN19
PEN07
PEN20

Those who had tickets for what was originally game 7 could use those same tickets for the new date or get a refund.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Typically, the way it works, the tickets stick with the game code in the ticketing system. Your tickets for that game would be good for whatever date they reschedule the game for.

I forget the actual codes for the games that season but when the Ice Flyers had to reschedule games, the codes got shuffled to something like:

PEN17
PEN18
PEN19
PEN07
PEN20

Those who had tickets for what was originally game 7 could use those same tickets for the new date or get a refund.
The "or get a refund" is the part the Boobcats have yet to master. That, and answering the phone.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
It got worse in home game 2. An 8-1 loss, outshot 45-19 in front of 1729 fans. And Quad City went 2 for 0 on the power play!

PP
Quad City2 / 0
Vermilion County0 / 0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If 60% of the 4,513 in total attendance this weekend was paid, then they're not in immediate financial trouble.

That said, a gong show like this may have just been handing out free tickets to everyone in town and went in the hole on these two home games, in which case they're in BIG trouble.

Last edited:

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
If 60% of the 4,513 in total attendance this weekend was paid, then they're not in immediate financial trouble.

That said, a gong show like this may have just been handing out free tickets to everyone in town and went in the hole on these two home games, in which case they're in BIG trouble.
I think Saturday night you got a free ticket if you donated a coat and there were a few other Storm fans besides me who made the trip. From what I have gathered finances aren't an issue (yet) she just has zero idea what she is doing

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
From the Bobcats website (italics mine):

Bobcats Have Great Opening Weekend

The Vermilion County Bobcats of the Southern Professional Hockey League are proud to announce their first two games of the season were a huge success with an opening night sellout and a 93% attendance rate for two home games.

--

Huge success! Outscored 13-1, but a huge success!

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
From the Bobcats website (italics mine):

Bobcats Have Great Opening Weekend

The Vermilion County Bobcats of the Southern Professional Hockey League are proud to announce their first two games of the season were a huge success with an opening night sellout and a 93% attendance rate for two home games.

--

Huge success! Outscored 13-1, but a huge success!
Well, compared to their failed Opening Weekend ...

Reactions: Atlantian

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Three goals last night for the Bobcats! The game was a huge success! (How many did Roanoke score? 6? Well, at least they're only getting doubled up now...)
The Boob-cats are finding their groove. And before you know it, they'll turn that groove into a rut.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I kid, of course. Who among us hasn't bought tickets to a hockey game that was cancelled because of ice conditions?

I've been to an AHL game that was delayed after one period due to ice conditions (painted the ice pink, wasn't enough ice above the paint, Zamboni hit paint during the first intermission).

Reactions: JMCx4

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I've been to an AHL game that was delayed after one period due to ice conditions (painted the ice pink, wasn't enough ice above the paint, Zamboni hit paint during the first intermission).
That's a new one. We had a delay in Reading once when the t-shirt tossing guy and the Zamboni were on the ice at the same time - a white shirt that didn't clear the glass was sitting on the ice and the driver didn't see it. It got wrapped around the screw mechanism that feeds the shaved ice up into the hopper and jammed the machine. The screw must have reversed to clear the jam and it spit out a giant pile of ice and water. Took quite a while to clean it up.
I was in Wheeling once when one of the dividers between the glass was damaged. They pulled the Zamboni over next the the boards and stood on top of it to make repairs. It probably took 15 minutes to get the glass fixed. When they were done and moved the Zam, there was a hole in the ice. Ended up finishing the game that night, but it was a very long delay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad