Seravalli: Vegas looking to terminate Lehner deal after he failed to report for physical

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Go argue with the NHL and NHLPA:

“(Robin) will not be reporting to the club this year,” Vegas GM Kelly McCrimmon said Thursday. “He continues to be unfit to play. There are unique circumstances surrounding this situation that the NHL, the NHLPA and (Vegas) are working through. Collectively, we are assessing our next steps, and when we have more to say, we will.”

Golden Knights' Robin Lehner makes statement after camp absence
That is PR/lawyer talk for anything is on the table.

The unique situation could very well be that he’s the first player in NHLPA history to refuse to report to camp to fail a physical and continue to get paid.

To me, it reads that they very well could be looking into terminating his contract. When an organization says they’re assessing their next steps, it rarely works out well for the individual involved.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
That is PR/lawyer talk for anything is on the table.

The unique situation could very well be that he’s the first player in NHLPA history to refuse to report to camp to fail a physical and continue to get paid.

To me, it reads that they very well could be looking into terminating his contract. When an organization says they’re assessing their next steps, it rarely works out well for the individual involved.
As stated there are unique circumstances, because the player is unfit to play and is on the player assistance program, which is a rare way to end up on LTIR. They obviously recognize it is not fair to terminate the contract, simply because he did not show up for a physical, while knowing his situation. I guess worse case scenario the NHL could fly a doctor out to perform the physical, if he was unable to fly there himself.

Per Robin Lehner, "All I can say at this time is everyone knows why I couldn't be there. I am waiting calmly for things to be sorted out."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad