Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Most teams don't want to spend 9-10M on a goaltender.

It probably brings his trade value down below what it should otherwise be.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Would the Ducks entertain a swap of Gibson and a pick/prospect for Swayman? Bruins get a solid replacement starter and an asset to help their weak prospect pool, Ducks get a younger goalie to build with.
Would have to be a crazy + for Bruins to consider. Mctavish or really good picks.

• Wow
Reactions: bert

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Would the Ducks entertain a swap of Gibson and a pick/prospect for Swayman? Bruins get a solid replacement starter and an asset to help their weak prospect pool, Ducks get a younger goalie to build with.
Gibson and Korpi would be a wild goalie tandem. "The Kap Dump Kids"? "Buyers Remorse Bros"? "Overpaid OGs"?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm with you. Just look at Askarov. The guy is the most hyped goalie prospect in years. But he had only a few teams bidding, and landed just a conditional 1st rounder.

Swayman is worth more, no question. I'm not comparing value. Swayman is a proven star starter. But the Askarov situation does show the market. Not many teams are willing to dump a ton of assets for the goaltending position. That would include the cap commitment.
The only condition was which 1st round pick it will be.

They also received another recent 1st rounder who has been developing just fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad