Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
So, Cristall still has an uphill battle to make the team and all, but...

Cristall has skills this team is desperately lacking. After losing Backy, Oshie, and Kuzy, his creativity will really stand out in the Caps lineup. Also, he'd have a good chance to be top 3 for the shootout from day 1. (Although the shootout might be a lost cause this year.)

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
So, Cristall still has an uphill battle to make the team and all, but...

Cristall has skills this team is desperately lacking. After losing Backy, Oshie, and Kuzy, his creativity will really stand out in the Caps lineup. Also, he'd have a good chance to be top 3 for the shootout from day 1. (Although the shootout might be a lost cause this year.)
I hadn't thought that far ahead, but with no Oshie and no Kuzy, the shootout will be no bueno.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Yeah, they will need some new blood to step up.

Strome is a for sure.

Then?

Dubois is 44.4% for career. He’s gonna get his chances.

Then?

Uhhhh. Ovy I guess? Need a kid or 2 to step up?
Yea, PLD definitely.

I think Milano has shown to be decent in the few opportunities he’s had - he’s got the hands and can finish. Definitely better than yutes like CMM and Lappy.

Though, obviously depends if he gets a sweater on any given night.

Mangiapane’s got some shake n bake - eh, maybe?? Anybody buying this?? Man, this team is still severely lacking in scorers, lol.

But, please, I beseech thee, Carbs - no more Ovi in the cleanup spot.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Yea, PLD definitely.

I think Milano has shown to be decent in the few opportunities he’s had - he’s got the hands and can finish. Definitely better than yutes like CMM and Lappy.

Though, obviously depends if he gets a sweater on any given night.

Mangiapane’s got some shake n bake - eh, maybe?? Anybody buying this?? Man, this team is still severely lacking in scorers, lol.

But, please, I beseech thee, Carbs - no more Ovi in the cleanup spot.

Yeah need Ovi to hit 30+. Then you have to hope Mangiapane are able to get 20+ after a couple of seasons right under 20. PLD have been 25+ several years so if he works out it will help scoring. Then Strome need to put up another high scoring season. You also have Wilson and CMM that should do better than below 20 like last year. Milano aswell had 25 goal pace last year so hopefully he stays healthy as he adds scoring down the lineup.

Then you have to hope for some growth from Lapierre and Miro is a goalscorer if he are good enough to make the team. Was at least very positive to see Cristall showing a lot of promise and then you have Leonard that should be very good from the start when he finally comes to the Caps.

At least I think scoring looks better this year than last when you needed older players to step up and score. So you have Oshie, Kuznetsov, Pacioretty and Mantha out from the start of last year. Replaced by Mangiapane, PLD and more time with Lapierre/Miro. Raddysh and Duhaime I see as replacements for Malenstyn and NAK. Would have preferred Malenstyn over Duhaime for 0,5 million less, but Duhaime might surprise me. NAK+Malenstyn got 2,85 total which is the same as Raddysh+Duhaime so will be interesting to see if going for two new guys was the right call.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Shootout specialization is probably near the bottom of my worries. Someone will step up with a killer move.

Who was it that had the "can opener" several years back? Brads? Can't remember. Nobody saw that coming.

Reactions: Calicaps

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
am i crazy to think cristall is our most promising young player? i loved him in his DY and hes been nothing but excellent since then with massive improvements (his skating was awful, looks decent now). Miro is really promising too but man cristall really looks like he has that x factor out there.

Reactions: twabby

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Laughlin said the lines right now are
Ovy Strome Mangiapane
CMM PLD Wilson

Duhaime Dowd Raddyish

within the context of maybe Miro can win a spot on the 3rd line (presumably Milano-Lappy-Big Pro) after he scored yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Laughlin said the lines right now are
Ovy Strome Mangiapane
CMM PLD Wilson

Duhaime Dowd Raddyish

within the context of maybe Miro can win a spot on the 3rd line (presumably Milano-Lappy-Big Pro) after he scored yesterday
8-17-88
24-PLD-43
15-29-21
Du-26-Rad

So, Miro and s the 13th? Cristall gets a 9 game tryout:

8-17-88
29-PLD-43
28-24-63
Du-26-21

Milano and Raddysh healthy scratches.

Seems like if Cristall gets 9 games, Miro probably starts in Hershey.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
8-17-88
24-PLD-43
15-29-21
Du-26-Rad

So, Miro and s the 13th? Cristall gets a 9 game tryout:

8-17-88
29-PLD-43
28-24-63
Du-26-21

Milano and Raddysh healthy scratches.

Seems like if Cristall gets 9 games, Miro probably starts in Hershey.
I think if Miro makes the lineup Milano is the 13th, otherwise Sutter, Frank, or Vrana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad