Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Every cup winning team is unique in a sense of the roster construction , style of play , team identity etc. When I think of the Golden Knights it's hard to really give them some sort of a label. The Avs were a great team who really loaded up at the deadline to win dethrone Tampa , the Lightning were a team lead by homegrown talent that managed to win back to back cups , the Blues were a great Cinderella story since they were literally dead last at one point in the regular season and eventually won the Cup , the Caps led by Ovechkin finally getting over the hump and winning the Cup etc...

The Golden Knights were just a really really good slept on team. I think many people forgot they finished 1st in the West during the regular season. Bringing in Cassidy , Eichel getting a full healthy season under his belt post surgery , Hill stepping in and being a rock in goal after all the Knights goalies going down with injuries. This was a good team and very worthy of winning it all. Vegas has been about winning since they stepped into the league. They tinkered a good amount over the last few years tobiikd for this. Going out and getting players like Eichel , Stone and dishing out money for Pietrangelo shows just how committed the front office was to winning. The stars aligned for them and everything winded up working out in the end.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Weirdly enough, as I lay awake still buzzing from the cup win, I find myself thinking about Zach Whitecloud the most.
Aside from being an absolute class act, I've been rooting for the kid since the inaugural season. People forget he actually suited up for a game during Vegas' inaugural year so he's technically the 7th remaining Golden Misfit. Tracked him from that first game, through his first rookie camp, to tonight. The kid stuck out to me as someone who could be an excellent defensive minded defenseman.

And he was such a huge and underrated part of Vegas' defensive aptitude through this run but he also scored some pretty big goals. Between him and Hague, Whitecloud feels like the first and best core piece the Golden Knights fully developed. Full credit to Hague as well for playing the best hockey of his career at the right time, but I've been so invested in Whitecloud's development the past 6 years that I find myself continually thinking about how proud I am of him tonight.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Funny that the coach Boston fired ends up winning a Cup the very next season.

I wonder if that Florida series would have went differently if Boston hadn’t fired Cassidy.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Love learning about the injuries afterwards

Nuts.

Congrats again Vegas. Happy for Phil again lol

I don't. Players should not be allowed to play while injured.

Since teams obviously cannot make the right decision themselves, there should be neutral doctors assigned by the league that make the decisions, and the players and teams wouldn't have a say.

Reactions: Calendal

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Weirdly enough, as I lay awake still buzzing from the cup win, I find myself thinking about Zach Whitecloud the most.
Aside from being an absolute class act, I've been rooting for the kid since the inaugural season. People forget he actually suited up for a game during Vegas' inaugural year so he's technically the 7th remaining Golden Misfit. Tracked him from that first game, through his first rookie camp, to tonight. The kid stuck out to me as someone who could be an excellent defensive minded defenseman.

And he was such a huge and underrtated part of Vegas' defensive aptitude through this run but he also scored some pretty big goals. Between him and Hague, Whitecloud feels like the first and best core piece the Golden Knights fully developed. Full credit to Hague as well for playing the best hockey of his career at the right time, but I've been so invested in Whitecloud's development the past 6 years that I find myself continually thinking about how proud I am of him tonight.
Definitely proud of him and agree with him and Hauge playing some damn good hockey at the right time. If there is one thing that leaves me a little sad, it'd be Thompson not coming back from injury. With the way Hill was playing though you don't take him out, and being around the team probably helped alot but I think being dressed even as back up for playoff games would have been valuable. That said not sure how about the trade off of having Quicks veteran presence on the bench if healthy.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Is 1-8 the worst record in the finals for a team with more than one appearance?

Three more tries and the Panthers might finally bring one home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad