Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I just want to know how you put forth that sort of effort in a must win game

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Vegas deserved it the entire series.

Cassidy had them playing perfect hockey 95% of those 5 games. So near-perfect they made Aiden Hill look like a rock-solid starter. Not to say he didn't have flashes, but the team insulated him incredibly well.

Not super up-to-date on VGK's cap situation, but this team is built quite well. Could see them back again next year.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Adin Hill is going to get 5m from some poor sucker, I just hope it's not my GM.

I don't think anyone will fall for it. He's clearly a system goalie. Might get 3 years 7 mill or something from someone but he is not going to go to a contender IMO

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Vegas deserved it the entire series.

Cassidy had them playing perfect hockey 95% of those 5 games. So near-perfect they made Aiden Hill look like a rock-solid starter. Not to say he didn't have flashes, but the team insulated him incredibly well.

Not super up-to-date on VGK's cap situation, but this team is built quite well. Could see them back again next year.

Only if Mark Stone's back suddenly heals for round 1 again

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Congrats to Vegas! Well earned, they made the gutsy roster moves to get better and were rewarded. I hope this is an encouragement for all teams to constantly look to make their team better. Not just on this run, but it seems like the fans have really embraced this team and I hope it stays that way after the barrage of other pro teams enter the city.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cassidy is a stubborn man, and he won with what he set out to do in camp:

-net front presence & sniper for Eichel
-Stephenson & Stone as its own line
-Karlsson as an old school 2-way C & the Misfit line separated for the longest stretch in VGK history
-Roy sticking at 4C after his big 3M contract

He had to shake up the lineup a bit, but even after adding guys like Blueger it was more or less what he drew up at the start of the year.

I think the lines in camp were
Smith Eichel Kessel
Marchessault Stephenson Stone
Amadio Karlsson Brisson
Carrier Roy Kolesar

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Las Vegas won and Florida fell. Oh' well.

Earlier in the Final-round hard-boy Tkachuk tried to sink pretty boy-Eichel with a hard hit down to the Florida-gators - later on a big bad boy a'la Las Vegas-player did the same to him.

And kicked/hit Tkatchuk back almost to yesterday.
Jackpot for Vegas.

Not sayin' those hits ... well, I'm actually sayin' those hits - were more meanin' - than in any of Elvis Presley-hits ever in a Vegas win!

Lost Vegas won the whole lot - I'm not happy about it.

But the better team won this time around. Fair and square. Like a trip down The Strip ...

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad