Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
One of the more dominant runs from an offensive perspective. They had a plan an executed it on every single opponent. They were going to own the slot and there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it. Twelve players broke double digit points in the run. Just a machine.

20222023-VGK-WPG-series-5v5.png
20222023-VGK-EDM-series-5v5.png
20222023-VGK-DAL-series-5v5.png
20222023-VGK-FLA-series-5v5.png

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Came in here to pay my respects. Vegas had a heck of a team this year. It's always funny how many of the Eastern fans seem to vastly underestimate the top western teams, but the Knights showed up and took care of business in each of their series, not just the Cup Finals. It was a very convincing Cup run. I think only the Stars would have been able to beat the Knights this year, and only if those OT bounces had gone the other way. Good job, Vegas, and congrats to their fans. Enjoy it while it lasts, it only comes rarely.

Long suffering Vegas Golden Knights fans can rejoice and breathe a little easier. They finally brought home the cup.
All those year they missed the playoffs must have been torture.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I don't. Players should not be allowed to play while injured.

Since teams obviously cannot make the right decision themselves, there should be neutral doctors assigned by the league that make the decisions, and the players and teams wouldn't have a say.
Neutral parties making decisions in a league in bed with gambling entities. Excellent strategy right there

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
One of the more dominant runs from an offensive perspective. They had a plan an executed it on every single opponent. They were going to own the slot and there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it. Twelve players broke double digit points in the run. Just a machine.

View attachment 717968View attachment 717969View attachment 717970View attachment 717971

Cassidy harped all season that the team needed to be better at getting the puck behind and in deep, and cut out all the perimeter shooting, and that paid big dividends in the playoffs.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Pretty big change from DeBoer and the biggest reason they did what they did. No more just feeding pucks to the point for low percentage shots
Yep, arguably that was the big difference that took Vegas to another level, and how they got past a Dallas team that was really pretty good -- Dallas stood outside and peppered shots that were pretty easy to stop, whereas Vegas worked inside where Oettinger couldn't be nearly as effective.

Also, Vegas was good at keeping teams from working the puck inside against Broissoit and Hill and clearing the front of the goal when they did.

oldtimehockey2

Jun 13, 2023
Las Vegas & New York
Congrats to the knights but it amazes me how a storied franchise as the Buffalo Sabres (1970) don't have a cup yet an expansion Knights team (2017) do... The NHL has expanded to the point of the USFL dumbness...
Sorry there's certainly luck but ownershipment and management can make their own luck also. How many other teams have won besides the Knights. the Avs were nothing when they were the Nordiques, new ownership and a change of scenery and they've been a great team.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Sorry there's certainly luck but ownershipment and management can make their own luck also. How many other teams have won besides the Knights. the Avs were nothing when they were the Nordiques, new ownership and a change of scenery and they've been a great team.
Wait. What? The Nords were nothing? They were the second best team in the NHL the year before they left.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Hats off to Vegas and congrats to their fans on here......Well rounded and well coached machine....

I thought the Oilers were gonna roll them after the way they handled them in game 2..........Knights totally proved me wrong........And Hill was a great fit for them in net......

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Maurice: "I'm not making excuse but here a list of excuses..."

Growing tired of losing teams (and sometimes winning) whining about injuries they played through. All players are playing through injuries at this point in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad