Value of: Vancouver's 11th overall pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The draft is supposed to be pretty good going into the 11th pick. I do see a lot of boom or bust prospects in this draft and think we're going to be quite surprised when some names don't hit it out of the park, but I still think you just keep the pick and take your shot.

Last edited:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
not sure on the cap situation for the Nucks but would

to Vancouver :

Florida's pick ( #29/32 )
Montreal 2nd ( #37 )
Josh Anderson

To Montreal :

11OA

would that be fair value or no?

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Vancouver can send their worries (cap dumps) to Chicago and 11OA in exchange for 35OA and a B prospect.

Please make it so.

Last edited:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The Canucks absolutely need this pick for their pipeline. Having them trade it away completely to be rid of some dead weight contracts would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

Maybe trading down, but still. They need the fill out their prospect pool.

Reactions: Ninjadude

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Canucks are trying to go all in next season to make the playoffs. Chances are high this pick gets moved.

What is your team's best offer? Preference would be defense.
1684420324455.gif

Reactions: Diogenes92

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
not sure on the cap situation for the Nucks but would

to Vancouver :

Florida's pick ( #29/32 )
Montreal 2nd ( #37 )
Josh Anderson

To Montreal :

11OA

would that be fair value or no?
I think Anderson is too old for what they're looking for, and coming with a 5.5 cap hit, that's probably a big no. Not sure Vancouver makes his list of teams he's will to move for. Might be one of the 8 teams on his list. I can't see any team making that trade unless they were already contenders and valued Josh in their lineup.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I think Anderson is too old for what they're looking for, and coming with a 5.5 cap hit, that's probably a big no. Not sure Vancouver makes his list of teams he's will to move for. Might be one of the 8 teams on his list. I can't see any team making that trade unless they were already contenders and valued Josh in their lineup.
yea i can respect that i do value what he brings alot of Habs fans rather keep him but im not a fan of hes contract neither if a team offers a 1st i think we should take it

11OA will give you guys a good player if management decides to move the pick

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Jordan Harris + Dvorak + Gurianov ?
You want to dump a bad contract (Dvorak) a RFF that Montréal will not resign (Gurianov) and at his best Harris will be a # 4 but more probably a # 6 or worst in a contender Team and GET REWARD with a 1st. No way Motréal need to give their 1st pick to take that crap

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Marner for boeser and the 11th overall?
Vancouver would take it I have to think.

Can’t pass up on Marner and Pettersson on one line.

Question is, why do the Leafs do this?

Did you just start following this team?
Not cool, dude. He’s a regular poster who’s been following the team for a while. You know that.

This civil war between Canucks fans needs to end

Reactions: Bgav

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not going to lie. Just saw the “former Flyers fan” in your user and that crushes my heart.

You used to be one of the more prominent posters to represent Philadelphia

It's been a very painful and frustrating decade for Flyers fans.

They are still technically my team, but I think I hate them more than love them at this point lol

Reactions: Coffees

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
It's still not a good chance brah

If past history has taught us anything it's to expect the unexpected. None of us expected the Hronek deal to go down but it did. The ownership has always been pushing this retool on the fly concept and only care about making the playoffs. In my opinion it just seems likely they're talking to other teams about this pick.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
If past history has taught us anything it's to expect the unexpected. None of us expected the Hronek deal to go down but it did. The ownership has always been pushing this retool on the fly concept and only care about making the playoffs. In my opinion it just seems likely they're talking to other teams about this pick.
They currently possess an extremely limited amount of cap space, which poses a significant challenge if they aspire to become a formidable playoff contender in the near future. To address this, incorporating ELC (Entry-Level Contract) players into their lineup becomes crucial to supplement their roster.

While it is undeniable that the ownership situation is abysmal, it seems highly improbable that they would consider relinquishing their valuable draft pick via trade.

From a logical standpoint, it is difficult to fathom any scenario where trading the pick would be a sensible decision. One must consider the implications of acquiring new players and the corresponding impact on the team's salary cap. Who would they bring in, and how would their cap hit affect the team? These questions make it evident that retaining the pick holds greater merit

Reactions: BigTruzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad