Proposal: Vancouver - Montreal

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
You’re comparing Poolman and Hoglander to Guhle and Dach? LOL

You can disagree my proposal but dude… your way off base yourself.
It's not a comparison, it's a directly insane proposal to rebut an insane proposal.

Your suggestion does nothing to help vancouver. It would be like trying to offer Edmonton yet another small speedy forward by offering to take a defenseman back in return.

You can argue against it and that's fine, but form the outside looking in neither of your suggestions move the needle for Vancouver and if I am reading this correctly, your taking poolman also puts them over the cap while also stripping them of yet another 1st round pick

Doesn't work my dude. Square pegs round holes

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
There is no possible justification to state that 20 games of Jake Allen cost MTL 36 goals.
I can’t say if -36 -30 or -40 is the stat? I like Jake, but he didn’t play well last year & threw the balance off creating a 3rd goalie rotation The goaltending was visibly off last year. Most Habs fans know what elite goaltending looks like going back to the early ‘70’s.
IMHO, the Habs goaltending will be much improved this year.

ps no to trade for both sides……Xhekaj has massive potential to be a 3rd pairing anchor with much needed tuffness!
keep an eye on Boston College G Jac Fowler’s play, he’s tracking toward bluechip prospect.

Reactions: viceroy

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I can’t say if -36 -30 or -40 is the stat? I like Jake, but he didn’t play well last year & threw the balance off creating a 3rd goalie rotation The goaltending was visibly off last year. Most Habs fans know what elite goaltending looks like going back to the early ‘70’s.
IMHO, the Habs goaltending will be much improved this year.

ps no to trade for both sides……Xhekaj has massive potential to be a 3rd pairing anchor with much needed tuffness!
keep an eye on Boston College G Jac Fowler’s play, he’s tracking toward bluechip prospect.

MTL got great goaltending last year from lower pedigree guys. They combined for 27 GSAx. I'd expect the goaltending to be WORSE next year based on goalie volatility, not better.

Jake Allen was fine last year.

The problem was you had one of, if not the worst defensive units in hockey, as well as one of, if not the worst penalty kill in hockey

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So essentially

Hoglander for Evans (heavily favors Montreal)
&
1st 3rd and LTIR insured contract for Xhekaj (heavily favors montreal)

this is easily weighted towards Montreal.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
When was the last time I made a proposal?

I never said we needed a 3C. We could use a right handed center and especially at the 4C position considering Tocchet’s preference on having Suter play wing. And Xhekaj (or any other left handed defenseman) would be much needed depth on the left side that currently has Hughes, and two injury prone defenders in Soucy and Forbort.

What I offered is definitely an overpayment after reading some other peoples criticism, but I find it adorable, honestly speaking, that you still have this weird obsession of trying to find ways to attack me whenever you can, even to go as far as to lie. But looking through your post history, it seems attacking others is pretty much all you have to contribute.

good ol main boards keyboard warrior

I don't keep track of all you're proposals, the ones I see are usually pretty bad dude, sorry, but they are. Lopsided for us or the other team. You also don't seem to understand team needs either, constantly, I am certainly not the only one who notices either.

What am I lying about? LOL you do make bad proposals frequently on here, if anything you can say that's just my opinion but you can't say its a lie. I find it adorable that you can't tell the difference.

Not even gonna address you looking up my post history other than to say LOLOL

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
MTL got great goaltending last year from lower pedigree guys. They combined for 27 GSAx. I'd expect the goaltending to be WORSE next year based on goalie volatility, not better.

Jake Allen was fine last year.

The problem was you had one of, if not the worst defensive units in hockey, as well as one of, if not the worst penalty kill in hockey

Continuity of a two man rotation will be beneficial for all three of these goaltender's. Look at Jake’s play in New Jersey? His stats improved when placed in a comfortable rotation. Goaltending 101

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I don't keep track of all you're proposals, the ones I see are usually pretty bad dude, sorry, but they are. Lopsided for us or the other team. You also don't seem to understand team needs either, constantly, I am certainly not the only one who notices either.

What am I lying about? LOL you do make bad proposals frequently on here, if anything you can say that's just my opinion but you can't say its a lie. I find it adorable that you can't tell the difference.

Not even gonna address you looking up my post history other than to say LOLOL
The last proposal I made was a year ago. Anyways, think I’ve indulged you enough

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Continuity of a two man rotation will be beneficial for all three of these goaltender's. Look at Jake’s play in New Jersey? His stats improved when placed in a comfortable rotation. Goaltending 101
Again, what level are you expecting to improve to.

MTL got 25 (I checked the exact numbers, was slightly off, although also took off score and venue adjustments when looking at the team vs individual goalie numbers) GSAx last year, which ranked them 9th in the league.

Do you believe Samuel Montembault and Cayden Primeau are going to be a top 5 goalie tandem in hockey next year?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Do you believe Samuel Montembault and Cayden Primeau are going to be a top 5 goalie tandem in hockey next year?

FWIW, and as far as I'm concerned, Montembault's best season as a Hab wasn't even 23-24.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Arber Xhekaj played 15 minutes a night (and spent time in the AHL) as a dman on one of the worst dcores in hockey.

The ice time and coach trust argument doesn't favour Xhekaj.

- I don't think we have the same understanding of the "ice time argument".

- Xhekaj avg 15:56/game, you were a minute off in your attempt to compare ;)

- Xhekaj was a 6-7 dman for Montreal, spent ~1/3 of the year in the AHL.

- Habs had one of the youngest D's in the league, by choice.

Nucks equivalent would have been Juulsen (13min/game), whom Xhekaj got considerably larger usage than.

Dmen take longer to make & establish themselves in the NHL vs fwds. They are the same age, Xhekaj is at 95 NHL games... Hoglander is at 220. Pretty obvious which player is closer to a finished product... Let's see what Xhekaj looks like at 200 games.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Again, what level are you expecting to improve to.

MTL got 25 (I checked the exact numbers, was slightly off, although also took off score and venue adjustments when looking at the team vs individual goalie numbers) GSAx last year, which ranked them 9th in the league.

No chance is that my position!!! I never even implied they would be close to top 5.

I simply stated with the rotation being solidified this year the Habs goaltending duo will have better results this upcoming year…..if they’re middle of the pack great.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
- I don't think we have the same understanding of the "ice time argument".

- Xhekaj avg 15:56/game, you were a minute off in your attempt to compare ;)

- Xhekaj was a 6-7 dman for Montreal, spent ~1/3 of the year in the AHL.

- Habs had one of the youngest D's in the league, by choice.

Nucks equivalent would have been Juulsen (13min/game), whom Xhekaj got considerably larger usage than.

Dmen take longer to make & establish themselves in the NHL vs fwds. They are the same age, Xhekaj is at 95 NHL games... Hoglander is at 220. Pretty obvious which player is closer to a finished product... Let's see what Xhekaj looks like at 200 games.
So MTL was trying to play youngsters by choice and STILL didn't trust xhekaj enough to play him more than 16 minutes a night of incredibly sheltered minutes? Wow

Xhekaj is the exact same age as Hoglander. Him not being able to earn significant games or ice time on, again, the worst defensive team in the NHL over the last 3 years (31st in goals allowed, dead last in expected goals allowed) who by your own statement is prioritizing playing youngsters over winning, over the last 3 years is not a positive.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
The value for Montreal is massive. No way a team offers that package for Xhekaj.

Even knowing all that i would still say no for bullshit reasons. He's a great feel good story for the Habs and i'd hate to see him wear another jersey.

I don't even think i'd trade him straight up for pouty face Pettersson. Guy is just so likeable the team can't have enough Xhekaj's.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So MTL was trying to play youngsters by choice and STILL didn't trust xhekaj enough to play him more than 16 minutes a night of incredibly sheltered minutes? Wow
Lol... Yeah, I see your confusion, but honestly I'm not sure I can help you. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere you could go find to get help understanding player development approaches.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
No chance is that my position!!! I never even implied they would be close to top 5.

I simply stated with the rotation being solidified this year the Habs goaltending duo will have better results this upcoming year…..if they’re middle of the pack great.
If MTLs goaltending produces middle of the pack results that would be a significant downgrade from the goaltending MTL received last year.

I agree MTL's goalies will be middle of the pack next year.

MTL recieved top 10 goaltending this past year. You are suggesting better results this coming year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Lol... Yeah, I see your confusion, but honestly I'm not sure I can help you. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere you could go find to get help understanding player development approaches.
Except they've thrown young Kaiden Guhle into the fire.

Kaiden Guhle plays some of the hardest minutes in hockey at age 22. A big part of the reason he HAS to play such hard minutes is because Arber Xhekaj plays such sheltered minutes.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
We are exiting the rebuild. A late 1st is nice, but it's not what we need right now. We already have plenty of non-blue chip prospects.

Hoglander doesn't fit what we need in a top9 player based on our current core and prospect pool.
Exiting the rebuild!!??? Have you seen the roster lately? Do you remember the division they're in? They are currently more likely to pick top 5-10 again in 2025 than appear to be exiting the rebuild. (I know that things can change before the season starts)

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Where did that player disappear to in the post season?

I'm sure his regular season goal total had nothing to do with being on a top scoring (6th) roster... Tocchet must not have got the memo that Hog was driving that scoring rather than riding on the coatails when he decided to reduce him to 10min/g in the playoffs.
Then again, at 12min/night in the regular season, doesn't appear the coach had much confidence in him in the regular season either lol
It was his first postseason, in essentially his first full nhl season. He worked his way up to the top line which happened to feature a useless EP40 at the time.

Just looking at numbers you won't get that he worked his way up from 4th line to 1st line. Missed it completely. It was his first postseason so what. He did all that damage last yr at even strength.

I love the "he was on a top scoring team" argument. Ya and he was 4th on the team in goals despite playing low minutes. Who's coattails did he ride haha I'd love you to try and explain that one. Sam Lafferty? Nils Aman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad