Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Winged Wheelers - We Still Suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Have you actually seen Ottawa's roster? They don't even have the Sedins, let alone people like Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, etc. And their D is laughably bad.

Goaltending's keeping them in the playoff hunt. That used to be our ace in the hole, but that's no longer the case.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I would assume that the coaches do have a pretty large input when it comes to developing plays. The Canucks keep doing the same thing on the Power Play and it's clearly not working. Is it not the coach's job to try to adjust the strategy? Obviously the onus is on the players to get it done, but 0/33 is a pretty clear indicator that they need to try a different approach.

Bingo. The 5 on 3 was especially revealing.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
calling 2 rookies to this team isnt currently going to help the struggling canucks. a.v doesnt like skilled guys remember. he puts schroder on the pp.... wtf might as well leave js/and nick jensen to play in chicago than in van.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
**** it I'm still stoked I have the jersey.

I do however wish I had turned off the game after 6 seconds, I'd be on an emotion high at this point.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Yeah. Alfredson is Sedin-class. Rest of team is on par with rest of Canucks. Really don't see a big difference in the two rosters

Ours might have a small edge in talent, theirs has an edge in hustle.

31 points, 59 points, 15 points... that sure sounds like Sedin-class. There is no comparing the two rosters.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I watch a TON of hockey. The difference being that it appears these guys the Canucks have are always so overrated and can't get it done when it matters. Dan cleary and Abdelkadet
Owned these guys all night.

If you watch hockey, then I have to say your evaluation is off. There's no way OTT's depth players are better than those of the Canucks. Not a chance. Sorry. I will contest that line whenever it is said because it's so patently false that it demands rebuttal.

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
yeah, i get that...but we need some finish here.
The problem is that the majority of the time, they aren't even generating quality chances during the PP. It's one thing if they're applying an insane amount of pressure and the puck-luck just isn't there but unfortunately, that's not the issue. I don't remember the last time the Canucks had an extremely dominant power play. It's usually a one and done attempt or the play is completely along the perimeter. It's been this way for most of the 33 attempts. At what point can we start shifting the blame onto the coach's inability to adapt from a strategy that is completely failing?

palindrom

Apr 2, 2011
Have you actually seen Ottawa's roster? They don't even have the Sedins, let alone people like Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, etc. And their D is laughably bad.

The difference is: Ottawa goalies are dominant.

Hal 9000*

This team needs a defenseman. Not a rushingg defenseman or a puck moving D-man, just a simple "stay at home" defenseman. Y'know, like Lidster, Babych, Baron, Murzyn or Mitchell.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
31 points, 59 points, 15 points... that sure sounds like Sedin-class. There is no comparing the two rosters.

So you're going to use one overachieving team to try and prove your point. This roster is incredibly average without Kesler dude, and this is coming from a guy that wants AV gone as soon as possible.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
This team needs a defenseman. Not a rushingg defenseman or a puck moving D-man, just a simple "stay at home" defenseman. Y'know, like Lidster, Babych, Baron, Murzyn or Mitchell.

i

MajorCanuck

Cup Please
Dec 30, 2011
Surrey, BC

You mean Hamhuis of last year? We have a lot of the pieces in place, and going into the season the only glaring hole was a top 6 scoring winger. The coaching has been a joke at managing our assets.

M A K A V E L I*

It needs 5 more Albert Andrews clones. AV seems to like him a lot.

Alberts Alberts
Alberts Alberts
Alberts Alberts

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
There's a part of me that hopes the Canucks get a few more injuries and just fall apart. They could be that good team that has a bad year, drafts a superstar young player, and ends up back at the top of the league a year later (I hate when other teams do that).

I expect Booth to be out for the balance of the regular season (only 6 weeks), so Gillis at least has a ton of cap space to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad