GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild: Feat. Moustache Miller

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Can a Canuck just lay a huge hit on someone for once.
Luke Schenn tonight:

game-of-thrones-jon-snow.gif

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
OEL with some great offensive instincts on this late shift. Maybe getting rattled and pushed around has him more engaged

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think guys like Fiala feel emboldened to play with a little edge because of the guys behind them.

You might see Garland or say Pettersson with some more stick work if it wasn't only Schenn willing to muck it up.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I actually like Garland as a player a lot. But he wasn’t worth taking on OEL AND giving up a 9th overall.
I have zero problem trading him for cheaper option up front or on defence
He’s more skilled than say Pearson but his style of play is only as effective as him.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think guys like Fiala feel emboldened to play with a little edge because of the guys behind them.

You might see Garland or say Pettersson with some more stick work if it wasn't only Schenn willing to muck it up.

Worth noting that this is a little bit of a new look Wild as they are now a much heavier team with Middleton & D Lo setting the tone. The Greenway/Ek/Foligno line is always a nasty, physical, forecheck line. But from a Wild fan perspective, it's noticable how much more physical of a team we are now... we've always been fast with a high compete level... but it has a different feel now.

It's interesting to see opposing fans reactions to it.

Reactions: rypper

thebigguy

Mar 19, 2022
Dallas wins, steals two points. Canes with nearly 50 shots and can't beat HOF goalie Scott Wedgewood!

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The problem with Garland is that when he is barely known, you might fall for his spins or tricks, but when you realize its his only move to get away from you its easy to shut down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad