Proposal: VAN - TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
No.

Also, how would 10.9 mill/yr Mitch Marner fair w/ no 11 mill/yr centers to play with?

He shouldn't need a mathews or Tavares. Yes marner puts up points, but who wants to spend that much of the cap on a winger that requires Allstars linemates? Someone like Kaprizov can be a big time impact player for less money, with worse linemates. Marner should be doing that, if he is truly worth his contract. Maybe that's on the coaching/management, but until he does that, his contract hurts his value.

lol remember when Mitch played with Bozak and JVR? Nah you obviously don't

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
But you would trade from McDavid?? Have you seen his contract?

I wouldn't trade Demko for McDavid straight up either, his contract is just as bad as Matthews.

Like I said before in this thread, there probably isn't a trade that can be worked for the Canucks to trade Demko, unless something really strange happens in New York.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Meh, I like building from the net out. Canucks already know what it's like to have firepower w/ no franchise netminding back in the WCE days.

lol remember when Mitch played with Bozak and JVR? Nah you obviously don't

Sorry, that went over your head. Obviously he can play without 11mill/yr players, my point was can he keep the same production w/o playing with 8-figure/yr players? Highly unlikely imo...therefore it'd be hard to justify his salary.

Last edited:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
You love to see it :laugh:

Leafs would run to get that deal done. Demko on the Leafs would make them a true cup contender
Yes but overpaying in a deal would not be the way to do that.

Marner would never get traded for a goalie. Goalies do not carry the trade value of 100 point wingers.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
How about you watch him play, instead of just stat watch.
The guy is a franchise goalie

And franchise goalies cannot be overrated?
Let me provide some quotes:
I'm not even sure if there is anyone I would trade Demko for in the league.
Vancouver wouldn’t trade Demko even for Auston Matthews. They would laugh and slam the phone and block Dubas and go on airplane mode

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
LOL

in a flat cap world?

Absolutely no way from the Canucks POV.

Mitch has a 11M contract and can't perform in the playoffs (5 goals in 32 playoff games?!?). That itself is a massive hinderance.... I'll take the franchise goalie on one of the best contracts in the league.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's always good to bring the 2 fan bases together

Maybe Boeser for Marner considering Brock had the best set up for a Matthews goal last game. Clearly there is chemistry and think of the cap savings you can go overpay in free agency with that extra 5 million.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Why would the Nucks trade a cost controlled franchise goalie for the softest Doughboy in the league?

Reactions: wonton15

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
So here’s what we’ve learned….

Demko is a franchise goalie…while posting save% of .905/.915/.917 during the last 3 seasons….

Horvat is an elite 2C with a career high 61 points…

And 94 point (on pace for 100+)Marner is a….doughboy?

Reactions: rangersfansince08

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Demko is a franchise goalie…while posting save% of .905/.915/.917 during the last 3 seasons….

Yes?

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I wouldn't trade Demko for McDavid straight up either, his contract is just as bad as Matthews.

Like I said before in this thread, there probably isn't a trade that can be worked for the Canucks to trade Demko, unless something really strange happens in New York.

what a bad take

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

You mean the Marner that disappeared in the playoffs and have 0 goals in last 2 playoff seasons?

The Marner that get bounced in every playoff series?

The Marner that is so soft he could replace the bear in Charmin commercials?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

upload_2022-3-8_13-1-52.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad