Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Quinn Hughes re-signs with the Canucks (6 years, $7.85M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

BUT, in a cap world where the cap doesnt change, a few contracts that are overpaid makes a world of a difference... a few of those add up to a couple mill that coulda been used else where OR allows teams to keep players

Mergatroidskittle

Dec 26, 2015
BUT, in a cap world where the cap doesnt change, a few contracts that are overpaid makes a world of a difference... a few of those add up to a couple mill that coulda been used else where OR allows teams to keep players
How long do you think it’ll take for Quinn to be worth the contract?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How long do you think it’ll take for Quinn to be worth the contract?

Oh no I'm happy with the deal.. I say it's pretty decent. I was just talking about how the other poster said 750k is pennies is all... just touching on how teams gotta be careful for every dollar spent pretty much

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
750K overpaid and I’m a Nucks fan.
Good luck getting Hughes in at 7m for 6 years while Dahlin is out there at 6m for 3 years.

Hughes is better at offense, and both are mediocre at defense.

Mergatroidskittle

Dec 26, 2015
Oh no I'm happy with the deal.. I say it's pretty decent. I was just talking about how the other poster said 750k is pennies is all... just touching on how teams gotta be careful for every dollar spent pretty much
Fair enough! It’s nice to hopefully have these out of the way soon and look forward

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Holy crap that's almost Darnell Nurse level money!!

Aaaaand on that alone this is a good deal for the Canucks.
Lol watch the #'s Nurse puts up this year. Oh, and he can actually play a lick of D too! We have the #1 offensive Dman in the NHL that took a discount and wanted to be here.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Lol watch the #'s Nurse puts up this year. Oh, and he can actually play a lick of D too! We have the #1 offensive Dman in the NHL that took a discount and wanted to be here.

giphy.gif

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
[mod] since you obviously don’t understand that the last two years the full seasons were less than 82 games.
dude, that doesnt change the fact that canucks didn't have the advantage of the shortened season

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I’m not a big Canuck fan to say the least but this is a decent deal for them. I don’t think it is great in terms of cap management considering the rfa years but I also think the nhl is going to be changing a lot in the next few years with player empowerment and this is the start of that.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I’m not a big Canuck fan to say the least but this is a decent deal for them. I don’t think it is great in terms of cap management considering the rfa years but I also think the nhl is going to be changing a lot in the next few years with player empowerment and this is the start of that.

That's mostly on Benning basically giving himself no room for an RFA buyout except for the two seasons bought out in Quinn's deal (I believe that his original ELC year was burned when he signed in March 2019, meaning that he could become a UFA after his age-25 season). Compare this with Svechnikov's and Heiskanen's contract, where Carolina and Dallas both had ample space under the cap at the time to negotiate an 8-year max.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So basically they both signed around what most people thought they would sign for, some people think it’s a little bit over paid, while other people think it’s a good or a great deal because he’s a little bit under paid.

Either way, no outrageous reaction either direction

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad