Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Quinn Hughes re-signs with the Canucks (6 years, $7.85M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Sounds like Hughes at $7.75 mil for 6 years and Pettersson at $7.5 mil for 3 years then he will get all the cap space thereafter when Myer's contract is over.

yelling-leon-the-professional.gif

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
HOLY OVERPAYMENT

the kid hasn't even played a full season in the nhl

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Should forsure be... the comparables shouldn't put him near 8. I would say 7 at the very most is fair

There are a myriad of comparables, but one of them is Kotkaniemi with a career high of 34 points signing a $6.1 million offersheet.

I'm sure Pettersson's agent wasn't above using an offersheet threat to keep the Canucks honest.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This seems like the opposite of what they should do. Bridge Hughes and lock Pettersson up longer, of course it all depends on what the player is looking for but I think EP is the better bet to be worth an expensive long term deal.

If Pettersson does end up signing for 3 years. What’s his contract status at the end? Could he just accept a qualifying offer for a year that would walk him to UFA?

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Fine deal. Ironically if the Nucks had Chris Tanev i'd actually be pretty good with a core of:

OEL - Poolman
Hughes - Tanev
Rathbone - Myers
Juolevi - Schenn

Hamonic going AWOL it seems... hopefully the d-core can be carried by a pretty solid forward group and Demko until near the deadline.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Same old hfboard that has memory of a goldfish

Lots hinges on OEL this year. If he stays awful defensively, Hughes is bad, Hamonic may opt out... that d core is going to be putrid. They don't have the team to get around that dcore for 82 games and even worse in the playoffs.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
HOLY OVERPAYMENT

the kid hasn't even played a full season in the nhl

Didn't Kaprizov just get $9 million?

This is a smart signing compared to every other move Vancouver has made. I'd rather overpay a young player as an investment in my future as opposed to paying for another teams past.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lots hinges on OEL this year. If he stays awful defensively, Hughes is bad, Hamonic may opt out... that d core is going to be putrid. They don't have the team to get around that dcore for 82 games and even worse in the playoffs.
One slumping season in his 2nd year
Again, memory of goldfish

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Makes sense. I know there are defensive concerns but fact is his offensive numbers being something rarely seen in the last 30 years is what is going to drive the value. On a long term I didn’t figure it would be much below 8 per.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I predicted 6 years at $7.7 million for Hughes so this is slightly over what I thought it would and should be. That extra $50 000 could be CRUCIAL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad