Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Retrospectively, Pouliot should have gone to the KHL after getting drafted. He wasted 2 years playing against younger, inferior kids and, expectedly, did regress.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The only role Pedan had on the team, was helping Tryamkin to get used to NA life. Now when Tryamkin is gone, Vancouver doesn't need that suc... not very good player anymore.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pedan actually looked decent in the pre-season, paired with Tanev though. Could be a decent call up if injuries occur. How has Pouliot looked?

REAVES

Jun 24, 2017
Like Derrick Pouliot is the main piece in any trade for Matt Duchene.

Pouliot is softer then marshmallow. My grandmother could walk him with her eyes closed. NHL LMFAO. He will be lucky to stay in the AHL. Bustorama

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pedan actually looked decent in the pre-season, paired with Tanev though. Could be a decent call up if injuries occur. How has Pouliot looked?

Not good. He needed to have a strong preseason to vault himself back into the Pens' long term plans, but instead he ranged from meh to bad.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Derrick Pouliot the young QB.

"Is a very good skater. Also displays both offensive and defensive instincts. Can be an effective asset with the man advantage. Is at his best when he has the puck on his stick."

He can skate - but he's not fast. Not slow, but he doesn't have the speed that some do to jump up into the play, and then get back if a mistake is made.

Honestly I hope he does well in Vancouver. The kid is talented, and if he can sort a few things out, he could become a solid 4-6 PMD.

Reactions: skyo

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The only role Pedan had on the team, was helping Tryamkin to get used to NA life. Now when Tryamkin is gone, Vancouver doesn't need that suc... not very good player anymore.

Luckily, you got a new suc... not very good player to replace him!

I wish him the best.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
I see, well if anything at least he has some good AHL numbers great addition to Utica.

He'd probably get claimed if you put him on waivers, that's the only reason he was traded right now. If he would be put on waivers, I think he'd probably get claimed by New Jersey.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Well, nothing wrong with that for Vancouver.

Pouliot isn't anything special, sure. But a lot of 4th round picks don't even play in the NHL. The more I pay attention to the situation in Vancouver, the more I think Benning is doing a good job. He's making the best of a difficult situation.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I remember when Pens fans wouldn't include Pouliot in the Kessel deal deeming him untouchable, funny enough looks like Kapanen was the better player to obtain after all.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
They lost that trade big time because they retained salary on a 70 point elite RW and only got back Kapanen and a 1st.

I beg to differ, we would have never been able to get the great young core we have now without that trade. I believe we also acquired Andersen thanks to that first, it was a win-win for both teams.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I like it.

I think it could be a win for both teams, but you don't have to rip off the other guy to receive a positive.

I think Pouliot reunited with Green could be something special.

Excited. It will take him a while to pick up the Canucks system, but I am excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad