Raptors Discussion: V62 0 Round 2 (Post Season Play Discussion)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
It's like the Raptors can't shoot these playoffs. They take more 3s than normal teams and since they're not making them, it only compounds their issues. Problem actually isn't shot selection either... the way they set up is awful. Instead of opening up defenses with ball movement for the entire 24 seconds they have, they wait until the last 12~ seconds.

DD also has to go. I wonder who could replace him though.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Casey's coaching late in the fourth/OT is indefensible. It's like he was trying to lose. I can't believe that ****.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Derozen your an utter pile of trash

Missed jv huge

We were god awful. Cojo and Ross were beyond embarrassing

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This team has gotten this far with its best players playing like garbage. If only the light would come on for Lowry and Derozan.

Pretty much. The rest of the team -- and especially JV -- have carried our two "star" players kicking and screaming this far. If only they'd decide to play, and just have an AVERAGE game for game 5. Don't need them to shoot the lights out. Maybe our coach should actually TELL them that, since they can't seem to handle pressure. Tell them we DON'T need them to hit every shot; just have a normal game, and the win is ours. So much stupidity on this team, from some of the players (DD, Ross, etc.) and the coach, taking out big B just because Miami went small. All the better to KEEP Bismack IN the game! Ughhh...moron...

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's crazy how before the playoffs DD seemed untouchable but now I suspect most fans are somewhat ok with the idea of him leaving. It's getting rather obvious this guy isn't gonna lead this team anywhere.

he's a regular season all-star, that's it. He's 26-27 years old, he's once again being a mental midget in the playoffs. He's never going to get it. Adios, we can spend 20+ million better.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The Jr high girls I coach knock down FTs at a better rate than DD did tonight. If he's even 50% from the line it doesn't go into overtime.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
My biggest problem with basketball, especially the playoffs is how much bias obviously plays into officiating and how nba fans seem perfectly okay with it. You would think rules should be diffentive

This is the main reason I don't watch Basketball all that much. The one that bothers me the most is: "well based on reputation he is getting that call all the time".

Is it a foul or not? Anything else is bush league.

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
Derozen your an utter pile of trash

Missed jv huge

We were god awful. Cojo and Ross were beyond embarrassing

Man, as bad as Ross was in OT, him and CoryJo outscored our allstars (14 each vs 9 and 10) so I'd say they did their job...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'd be looking at other comparable stars on other teams, who maybe don't score as much as DD in the regular season, but have better post-season numbers, and try to get a deal done after the season. Seen enough of this clown year after year in the post season. He folds like a cheap tent. No mental toughness at all.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'm just amazed how incredible Wade's been

Dude's averaging 27 on 50% FG in this series so far

Would be nice if one of our stars, who are supposed to be in their PRIME, would just have an average or a teeny bit above average game. They can't even do that, unless it's a one and done.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I keep persisting yet the optimistic crowd never joins me when it's painfully obvious.

1. We don't have a league superstar. We have two all stars who aren't in that upper echelon that can take over a playoff game. Flawed team at it's core that will never compete for a title.

2. Derozan is extremely overrated. Relies too much on getting to the line, chucks too many shots while being inefficient. Not in any way deserving of a max contract.

3. Casey is a garbage coach. All he does is tell his players to ISO late in the game and even in OT, when it's painfully obvious that you need ball movement to open up shots, instead of forcing contested shots.

This team won't do anything in the East so long as Lebron is around. Just blow it up.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I seriously can't stand so many of the players on the Heat with their smug faces

Bosh
Dragic
Joe Johnson
Wade (piece of **** can't stand this arrogant ****)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Would be nice if one of our stars, who are supposed to be in their PRIME, would just have an average or a teeny bit above average game. They can't even do that, unless it's a one and done.

Mental midget. Once one little thing goes wrong, they crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad