Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Who do we want to play in the second round?

Hahahahaha

Most gutless team ever

Good, get over it now. We got swept so what. Maybe its for the best and now Masai knows there are still some holes on this team

I am proud of the season though its a horrible ending

Go Raptors Go!

Shwaguy*

20.2 MPG across all 82 games. He's ranked 9th in the NBA among rookies in total MP.

And in the 1654 minutes he played that season, he's had more of an impact than Andrew Wiggins' 2969 minutes. Despite being 9th among Rookies in MP, Nikola tops all rookies in Offensive Win Shares, 2nd among rookies in Defensive Win Shares and tops them all in overall Win Shares.

On the Chicago Bulls (a winning team), even though he's ranked only 7th in MP, he's 3rd in Offensive Win Shares, 4th in Defensive Win Shares and 3rd in overall Win Shares.

Andrew Wiggins over the course of 82 games is ranked 2nd in Win Shares on the Timberwolves but he's played the most minutes. By the minute, the Timberwolves (the worst team in the NBA!) average a better win share than him. Post-All-Star Break is different.

Overall, Nikola has had the bigger impact in his rookie season. And has made a big impact on the Chicago Bulls. But he's Chicago's 9th man, 7th man at best. He hasn't benefited from the same opportunities that Andrew Wiggins was handed. And Andrew Wiggins tops the PPG charts, has some nifty moves and he's athletic. So it is what it is.

If you had two employees at your company. One of them a full-time employee working 40 hours/week whose productivity was below-average and a part-time employee working 22 hrs/week who was more productive in 22 hours than your full-time employee was in 40 hours, who do you think is going to win Employee of the Year? In the real world, the full-time employee probably would have got canned before he ever had a chance to improve. Not saying that the Timberwolves should trade Andrew Wiggins. Basketball GMs have more patience with rookies than managers have with entry-level staff. As they should. But he's not deserving of Rookie of the Year either.

Mirotic plays on a good team. Wiggins plays on a trash team.

You're out to lunch. Wiggins 100% deserves ROY.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Good, get over it now. We got swept so what. Maybe its for the best and now Masai knows there are still some holes on this team

Go Raptors Go!

This stuff has to stop getting swept when your team has home court it's not for the best. It's embarrassing for the coaches, management, and players. Stop celebrating achievements like 49 wins, a player starting in an all star game. None of that matter when the Raptors got their butts kicked in this series. The problem is that this core is so badly flawed that the organization has no choice but to bring those guys back. The problems run much deeper than just Casey but he's the easiest target.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Seriously, good for Mirotic for crushing second units. Wiggins is the clear ROTY

Also that analogy was terrible even for this board.

Shwaguy*

This stuff has to stop getting swept when your team has home court it's not for the best. It's embarrassing for the coaches, management, and players. Stop celebrating achievements like 49 wins, a player starting in an all star game. None of that matter when the Raptors got their butts kicked in this series. The problem is that this core is so badly flawed that the organization has no choice but to bring those guys back. The problems run much deeper than just Casey but he's the easiest target.

While I'm obviously not happy with the result and am looking forward to some changes.

But he is completely within his right to celebrate 49 wins and an all star starter if he so chooses that. You have no say in that. Quit telling people what they can and can't cheer for.

mikebel111*

While I'm obviously not happy with the result and am looking forward to some changes.

But he is completely within his right to celebrate 49 wins and an all star starter if he so chooses that. You have no say in that. Quit telling people what they can and can't cheer for.

nope any positivity is not allowed:sarcasm:

but seriously, I am not willing to believe this core is flawed. Lowry will bounce back, DD is still great. JV needs to develop into a great C that alone would solve so many issues. Amir While I love him, his knees are done, not sure I want him back. Ross can go for whatever.

Are there issues? Of course. However I am not giving up on these core players just because of one terrible series. If anything the secondary players need to be replaced. Talking about guys like GV, maybe Lou though I would still keep him depending on cost. Ross can leave like I said.

Than you have a lot of cap space as well, plus some draft picks to work with.

This core isn't flawed and one series doesn't change that for me

mikebel111*

whatever you say that. I am not giving up on a core after one series. Pretty sure our GM thinks that

Casey is most of the issue here and yes its true while you want to believe it or now

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Should Portland fans be very happy with winning 51 games and being out round 1?

Should one of the Clippers or Spurs be satisfied with each winning more than 54 games and being eliminated round 1?

I said it last year and I will say it again. The Raptors have carte blanche, very little expectation if they fail miserably like they did in the playoffs they still get a pat on the back. If it was the Leafs as a 4 seed being embarrassed in round 1 people would be jumping from rooftops. The Raptors are the cute little brother who can constantly fail but still get a pat on the back. The Raptors are the only eastern conference team to lose back to back in the 1st round of the playoffs they're not getting better, they're getting worse.

mikebel111*

yes coming within one basket of advancing in 2nd round isn't good at all

fire the players!!!!!!!

They cant win, bunch of jokes and Casey is an amazing coach and players are always the issue

Likely our GM believes in this core, but hey I guess he should be fired too!

And I could pick apart little things like that as well about the Spurs as well

This core isn't the issue and no one series wont change that, people love to over react in Toronto so not surprised by posts like that

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
whatever you say that. I am not giving up on a core after one series. Pretty sure our GM thinks that

Casey is most of the issue here and yes its true while you want to believe it or now

So what other big does Casey have to put in the game when JV struggles? An extremely limited Psycho T? A breaking down Amir Johnson? What good defensive players does Casey have at his disposal to pressure opposing backcourts and make things uncomfortable for them?

The GM also thought Casey was deserving of a 3 year extension last offseason. He also thought it was cute to mouth off about Paul Pierce again. Masai is winning the battle of public opinion but not winning where it counts most on the court.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

Go Raptors Go!

You have a history of being proud of mediocrity.

mikebel111*

So what other big does Casey have to put in the game when JV struggles? An extremely limited Psycho T? A breaking down Amir Johnson? What good defensive players does Casey have at his disposal to pressure opposing backcourts and make things uncomfortable for them?

The GM also thought Casey was deserving of a 3 year extension last offseason. He also thought it was cute to mouth off about Paul Pierce again. Masai is winning the battle of public opinion but not winning where it counts most on the court.

I agree should have said " hey fans why you here, our team is flawed and we suck and we will be swept". What an idiot Masai is:sarcasm:
I mean yeah is the one who is winning. I mean he should have played defence off the court as the GM. Seriously though, I am not discussing such stuff like oh GM is at fault, and this and that.

He might have been deserving of an extension, but he isn't now as we know he is stubborn coach who believes his D system is amazing. No adjustments whatsoever, but yeah that is the core's fault

Be my guest on saying it's the players or Masai's fault, but I don't overreact over such stuff.

We have some flawed players but no none of that is our stars. sorry

This is still a good team with nice pieces like Lowry [sorry not flawed], DD[not flawed], JV [still developing and needs to develop into a great C],

mikebel111*

You have a history of being proud of mediocrity.

your also a fan, so maybe you do too.

oh wait, since your saying that about the same team which you cheer for, I guess you aren't a fan of the Raptors

a good team with holes, truth but you don't have to believe it

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So if Lowry, DeRozan and JV aren't flawed how do they get kicked around the court 4 straight against Washington. A trio like that should certainly be good enough to win a playoff game if not a playoff round.

mikebel111*

So if Lowry, DeRozan and JV aren't flawed how do they get kicked around the court 4 straight against Washington. A trio like that should certainly be good enough to win a playoff game if not a playoff round.

They are the same players who came within a basket of advancing to 2nd round. but yeah lets focus on the series where they did bad instead of where they did good

A good team with holes

mikebel111*

Instead of focusing more on false info and whatever

here is what we have

Starters
PG- Lowry[good player]
SG- DD[great player]
SF-need one
PF-need one[though if Casey had any sense, he could have put JJ here or on SF, but yes Casey isn't the problem moving on]
C- JV[decent almost a good player]

Bench
PG-maybe need one though I can live with GV [decent]
SG- Williams[great]
SF-Maybe Ross though PP can fit here or on PF[good]
PF- I guess PP[good]
C-need one as Psycho T doesn't cut it for me

There are a few holes though if JJ can get minutes he deserves, I think he can fill in on either SF or PF. On the backup PF spot, we can put Amir there if he wants to take a discount, and move PP to SF spot and than Trade Ross for something

Lol I never thought I would say this, but Bruno's development might actually be important for us:laugh:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Go Raptors Go!

Masai knew all along that's why he tried to deal Lowry to the Knicks but Dolan nixed the deal.

Shwaguy*

I'm okay with trading one of the core of Lowry/DD/JV preferably not DD though unless it's a BIG piece.

I think we should try and sign one of the quality Centers in FA this year and trade JV for an equivalent Wing talent.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Did anyone see the Casey quote on JJ

"The guy I feel for is James Johnson. He’s probably the most talented player on our roster."

If its been posted i apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad