Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
He was better in the 1st half of this season than any point before he signed his contract. I honestly think the Raptors burnt him out. He CARRIED the Raptors when DD went out especially during a tough part of the schedule.

Agreed although he burnt himself out a bit too chasing that all-star starting gig.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Typical Toronto, the sports teams in this town have been a joke for decades.

Raptors have won 1 playoff round in their existence.
Leafs have had 1 playoff round in the last 11 years
Jays have the longest playoff less streak in all of professional sports.

SAD and PATHETIC !!

Last edited:

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
Guess the raps just dont have that it factor. Chokers

I think the Raptors players/management need to trash talk more...since the initial trash talking speech from our GM there has not been enough to justify a 1st round victory. We need Drake to yell at the opposition and shake his lint brush at them to give us any chance of a win.

This is all their fault.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Man, even when we were in this game early, we were still taking soooooo many terrible, low percentage shots.

GG team jump shot.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Time for Masai to work his magic. Kyle will rebound and people will falsly say"I knew he would"
Getting rid of Ross and JV needs to show up for a full season

JV needs a real ****ing coach in here. You want him to all of a sudden show up when this coach has been playing him BS minutes all season? Come on now...

Washington had no answer down in the post for him for the most part but coach would rather his chuckers chuck the ****ing ball all game.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So the series is basically over right? I just don't see them coming back from 3-0. I really am losing a passion for sports. I haven't even watched a single playoff game this year :( Toronto teams have sucked so bad for so long I don't even care anymore. I need you guys to help bring me back. I'm almost 35 and I yearn for the days of my pre-teens when the Jays were winning World Series, the Raptors didn't exist and the Leafs were damn good.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
People that were saying that they would rather face Washington instead of the Bucks were way out to lunch. Maybe the way they are playing right now they wouldn't beat anybody, but come on. If we were playing the Bucks right now, it wouldn't be 3-0. I did not see this coming either, but how can you worry about who we'll face in the second round? 99% of the time, I'd rather face the lowest seed in the first round. I am not looking anywhere beyond that.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
This series was lost because of Casey and Lowry (did he even play?)

No James Johnson? When all year he's been a beast for us? I would love to hear the reasoning behind such a stupid decision.
JV getting b/s minutes AGAIN, when the Wiz had no answer for him down in the post all game?
Terrible team defence
Having Ross on instead of Lou/James Johnson?
ISO ISO ISO

Brutal. I've always supported Casey but he needs to be canned. I understand he most likely won't be since he just re-signed, but Scott Brooks would be nice here.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
This series was lost because of Casey and Lowry (did he even play?)

No James Johnson? When all year he's been a beast for us? I would love to hear the reasoning behind such a stupid decision.
JV getting b/s minutes AGAIN, when the Wiz had no answer for him down in the post all game?
Terrible team defence
Having Ross on instead of Lou/James Johnson?
ISO ISO ISO

Brutal. I've always supported Casey but he needs to be canned. I understand he most likely won't be since he just re-signed, but Scott Brooks would be nice here.

- James Johnson is a bad help defender. Great individual defender, but bad help defender
- In game 1 yes, but game 2 & last night JV was horrendously overwhelmed

Agree completely on the ISO part

I don't hang this on Casey at all tbh, his horses didn't get it done. Demar was the only guy who showed up last night with any type of game. Lowry, while he's been working his ass of has completely lost his stroke, guy is grazing the side of the rim on open looks. I don't think there's a coach in the world that can overcome the shooting he's gotten from his all-star PG and SMOY in this series.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
- James Johnson is a bad help defender. Great individual defender, but bad help defender
- In game 1 yes, but game 2 & last night JV was horrendously overwhelmed

Agree completely on the ISO part

I don't hang this on Casey at all tbh, his horses didn't get it done. Demar was the only guy who showed up last night with any type of game. Lowry, while he's been working his ass of has completely lost his stroke, guy is grazing the side of the rim on open looks. I don't think there's a coach in the world that can overcome the shooting he's gotten from his all-star PG and SMOY in this series.
Ross has taken 2 steps back this season. Johnson is a MUCH better defender and would have been a much better option all game long. Instead of having Ross lose his man over and over and over again, and chuck the ball up over and over and over again, we could have had James Johnson driving in, getting calls, and playing tight tough defense. This coming from somebody who likes Ross.

I agree there is no coach that could have fixed Lowry's game. But there are numerous coaches that could have changed up their game plan to adjust. Casey has kept the same game plan all 3 games and it has not worked. Get the damn point and change it up.

Heck, throw in James and Fields and see the difference in team defence.

Had Lowry showed up, we would probably have won 1 game.

Shwaguy*

So the series is basically over right? I just don't see them coming back from 3-0. I really am losing a passion for sports. I haven't even watched a single playoff game this year :( Toronto teams have sucked so bad for so long I don't even care anymore. I need you guys to help bring me back. I'm almost 35 and I yearn for the days of my pre-teens when the Jays were winning World Series, the Raptors didn't exist and the Leafs were damn good.

I'm only 21 so haven't been through the pain as along, but never saw any of the good times either, this Toronto Sports ****tiness has been all I've ever known, never seen a team I like win a playoff series, don't really know what the good times are like. Add onto that I'm a Bills fan so never seen any success with them either lol. At least I have my youth I guess.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008

I agree with all of your points except this one. What game were you watching? JV was getting wrecked by Gortat all game and all series for that matter.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
DeMar hasn't been playing well. Just because a guy racks up 32 points doesn't mean that he played well. DeMar's effective field goal % was marginally better than the team average that game (.431 vs .424). Mainly because he went 3 for 6 on 3-pt shots. His true shooting % was .499 compared to the team average of .461. Mainly because he went 7 for 7 on free throws. DeMar was 8 for 23 (.348) on 2-pt field goals. LOL. What the ****?! You can't possibly tell me that was a good performance.

If the Raptors plan on ever becoming a contender, DeMar DeRozan shouldn't be the main focal point of your attack. He's got like 1 year left on his contract and an additional year as a player option I believe. I am hesitant to say trade DeMar because the Raptors have only been a good team for the past 2 seasons and he has been solid overall in 2013-14 and had a streaky season in 2014-15. But if DeMar was such a great player, he would have elevated the Raptors even before they got rid of Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay. Even before things started turning around for the team. Basketball is a game where 1 player can make a huge difference. In the regular season, DeMar is on the court for almost 3/4 of the game on average. And in the playoffs, his usage is obviously larger. Phil Kessel is on the ice for less than a third of the time for the Maple Leafs...

Jonas is getting a lot of hate this series but almost everyone on this team is playing poorly. Jonas has actually been their second best starter this series. Which isn't saying much, I know. But his role on the team is not to make baskets. He's getting boards. And he's actually turning the ball over less per 100 possessions in the playoffs. But no, everyone wants to worship DeMar because he's got the most points! Just LOL. Unlike Kyle Lowry or DeMar, Jonas is not the franchise player. He's not the focal point of this team.

Playoff Series vs Washington Win Shares/48 mins
Above Team Average
1 Patrick Patterson 0.217
2 Amir Johnson 0.189
3 Jonas Valanciunas 0.049
Below Team Average
4 Greivis Vasquez 0.020
5 DeMar DeRozan 0.015
6 Terrence Ross 0.015
7 Tyler Hansbrough -0.006
8 Lou Williams -0.044
9 Kyle Lowry -0.141
10 James Johnson -0.222
Team Average 0.032

Last edited:

mikebel111*

DeMar hasn't been playing well. Just because a guy racks up 32 points doesn't mean that he played well. DeMar's effective field goal % was marginally better than the team average that game (.431 vs .424). Mainly because he went 3 for 6 on 3-pt shots. His true shooting % was .499 compared to the team average of .461. Mainly because he went 7 for 7 on free throws. DeMar was 8 for 23 (.348) on 2-pt field goals. LOL. What the ****?! You can't possibly tell me that was a good performance.

If the Raptors plan on ever becoming a contender, DeMar DeRozan shouldn't be the main focal point of your attack. He's got like 1 year left on his contract and an additional year as a player option I believe. I am hesitant to say trade DeMar because the Raptors have only been a good team for the past 2 seasons and he has been solid overall in 2013-14 and had a streaky season in 2014-15. But if DeMar was such a great player, he would have elevated the Raptors even before they got rid of Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay. Even before things started turning around for the team. Basketball is a game where 1 player can make a huge difference. In the regular season, DeMar is on the court for almost 3/4 of the game on average. And in the playoffs, his usage is obviously larger. Phil Kessel is on the ice for less than a third of the time for the Maple Leafs...

Jonas is getting a lot of hate this series but almost everyone on this team is playing poorly. Jonas has actually been their second best starter this series. Which isn't saying much, I know. But his role on the team is not to make baskets. He's getting boards. And he's actually turning the ball over less per 100 possessions in the playoffs. But no, everyone wants to worship DeMar because he's got the most points! Just LOL. Unlike Kyle Lowry or DeMar, Jonas is not the franchise player. He's not the focal point of this team.

Playoff Series vs Washington Win Shares/48 mins
Above Team Average
1 Patrick Patterson 0.217
2 Amir Johnson 0.189
3 Jonas Valanciunas 0.049
Below Team Average
4 Greivis Vasquez 0.020
5 DeMar DeRozan 0.015
6 Terrence Ross 0.015
7 Tyler Hansbrough -0.006
8 Lou Williams -0.044
9 Kyle Lowry -0.141
10 James Johnson -0.222
Team Average 0.032

That is the worst logic I have seen here. I guess Lebron is terrible too because he didnt lead Cavs to an NBA championship first time
Oh and how about Durant and Westbrook. Better get rid of them too. This is an NBA and team league. DD isnt a superstar so stop expecting him to be that and is not the problem on this team

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
People that were saying that they would rather face Washington instead of the Bucks were way out to lunch. Maybe the way they are playing right now they wouldn't beat anybody, but come on. If we were playing the Bucks right now, it wouldn't be 3-0. I did not see this coming either, but how can you worry about who we'll face in the second round? 99% of the time, I'd rather face the lowest seed in the first round. I am not looking anywhere beyond that.

I'd rather lose this series than beat the Bucks tbh. This will put the entire organization in the hot seat and force changes.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
That is the worst logic I have seen here. I guess Lebron is terrible too because he didnt lead Cavs to an NBA championship first time
Oh and how about Durant and Westbrook. Better get rid of them too. This is an NBA and team league. DD isnt a superstar so stop expecting him to be that and is not the problem on this team
There is an astronomical difference between Lebron James and DeMar DeRozan.

DeMar is not a superstar. But he is the main focal point of the Raptors' attack.

Out of the top 30 shooting guards ranked by minutes played in the season, he's ranked like 14th in win share/48 mins on a team that's ranked 11th in the NBA. The Raptors also play in a weak conference. If the Raptors were in the west, they'd be a borderline playoff team. He's an inefficient shooter (save for free-throws). And he doesn't add any value defensively to the team. On a team that's like ranked 25th in defense in the NBA.

Is it no wonder that when Lebron James joined Cleveland, they improved significantly. And the Miami Heat took a sharp dive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad