Raptors Discussion: v40 | NBA Draft: TONIGHT| 7pm ET/4pm PT | TSN | Raps pick 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
The lesson from this series is: when in doubt draft the guy with the biggest hands...Leonard's hands are huge !!

Watch out for Noah Vonleh in the draft

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So when he was in cleveland the cast was the problem, and now its again the cast that is the problem !! When Miami wins, its because of lebron, and when they lose its because of the others ? you can't have it both ways man !!

I know that they are strugling, stop blaming others !! last year they won with the same players

I know. Right? But remember Lebron is the best player in the NBA to ever play. It is always somebody else's fault they lose.

Anyways. Lets go Spurs. Time to finish this!

Sorry but if you both think that Wade or even Bosh have played remotely well then you're delusional. This entire finals has been LeBron versus the Spurs. If Miami had a decent bench they'd probably even force this series to game 6/7.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
So when he was in cleveland the cast was the problem, and now its again the cast that is the problem !! When Miami wins, its because of lebron, and when they lose its because of the others ? you can't have it both ways man !!

I know that they are strugling, stop blaming others !! last year they won with the same players

are you for real? With out James that team was complete garbage and they havent managed to climb back up from when he left.

James has to do so much on his own. You think for one minute those heat teams would have won 2 championships with bosh and Wade? Wade has been falling apart for a few seasons now, Bosh is alright but not for the money he's making and the overall game he brings.

If James leaves the heat you think they are gonna be competing for a championship next season? my guess is not even playoff bound. Look at that Suprs team Duncan is still a boss but they have a deep team a lot of guys who can contribute in a lot of different ways. A team that can still win games when Duncan is not on or needs rest. Can't say the same for the Heat and James, he's one guy oh and PS I am not even a supporter of the guy but common you guys need to get real he's by far the best played of this Generation.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Can't believe people have the nerve to blame Lebron here.

He's the only one who showed all series. He needed his team-mates because he can't do it on his own. He drops 30 tonight and the next closest is the huckster Bosh with like 13. Get out of here with that garbage.

Haters are just looking for a way to hate on LBJ. You cannot blame him at all.

mikebel111*

He's the only one who showed all series. He needed his team-mates because he can't do it on his own. He drops 30 tonight and the next closest is the huckster Bosh with like 13. Get out of here with that garbage.

Why is everyone who harps on Lebron classified as a hater? Just because we think he isn't better than Jordan doesn't make us a hater?
I agree he was good in this game and his teammates were bad but still it doesn't change the point that they still lost

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Why is everyone who harps on Lebron classified as a hater? Just because we think he isn't better than Jordan doesn't make us a hater?
I agree he was good in this game and his teammates were bad but still it doesn't change the point that they still lost

I made this point earlier in the thread.. There will never be another Jordan. People need to stop comparing him to Jordan. Jordan is in his own hemisphere. 6 NBA Finals, 6 Finals MVPs, countless other accolades. There will never ever be another Jordan.

There's just no reason to harp on LBJ for this series. He was the last person on the Heat you can blame for this loss so there's no reason to harp on him.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Wade is done, an SG who was a great athlete but not a great shooter, only he doesn't look to have the athleticism to play his game anymore. Bosh can at least shoot and create space for himself, he certainly doesn't remind me of the beast he was in Toronto, but he'll still be useful player for several more years. Wade will be riding pine before long.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wade is done, an SG who was a great athlete but not a great shooter, only he doesn't look to have the athleticism to play his game anymore. Bosh can at least shoot and create space for himself, he certainly doesn't remind me of the beast he was in Toronto, but he'll still be useful player for several more years. Wade will be riding pine before long.

His knees are done. Doesn't have the speed he use to have, nor can his knees handle the wear and tear.

LBJ needs to get out while he can, IMO.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Yeah LeBron could have really used the greatest defensive player ever on his team.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Wade is done, Bosh is garbage.. LBJ should opt out and sign with Cleveland. They're younger, they have better potential and he'd have a legit core to play with. Miami are done, Wade's prime years are over. He'll be 33 next year his knees are shot, if they stuck it out they could probably get to the ECF-NBA Finals if all goes right but in the end LBJ can't do it all himself. If LBJ wants help and wants to be a part of a team that plays "team basketball, he'd opt out, because Erik Spoelstra doesn't know what team basketball is. He got out-coached big time.

LBJ to Cleveland book it!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wade is done, Bosh is garbage.. LBJ should opt out and sign with Cleveland. They're younger, they have better potential and he'd have a legit core to play with. Miami are done, Wade's prime years are over. He'll be 33 next year his knees are shot, if they stuck it out they could probably get to the ECF-NBA Finals if all goes right but in the end LBJ can't do it all himself. If LBJ wants help and wants to be a part of a team that plays "team basketball, he'd opt out, because Erik Spoelstra doesn't know what team basketball is. He got out-coached big time.

LBJ to Cleveland book it!

Agreed about Spoelstra. Got exposed hard for not being that good of a coach. He got bailed out last year by Ray Allen being massive.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bosh isn't garbage. The problem is that after all that whiny BS from him about not wanting to play C and wanting to be "The guy" on the Raptors, he goes to the Heat, plays C, is the 3rd wheel, and basically is frozen out of the entire offensive setup. When he was given a chance to play like he's capable he did produce. But the Heat's system revolves so much around LeBron and Wade on the perimeter that it pretty much reduced Bosh to a spot-up shooter and even a sort of de facto stretch 4 or 3-point gunner big. There also wasn't much for him to do in this series because the Spurs interior D is solid and Duncan is probably the best counter for Bosh defensively and offensively in the league.

The other obvious problem for the Heat is exposing the fatal weakness of most "big 3" type teams: The incredible lack of depth that occurs because you're spending like 90% of your cap space on 25% of your active roster. The Spurs work as a team because their big 3 are not max money guys (except for when Duncan would've been) and yet they agreed to take a fair bit less money so the team could be built around them. And in turn those supporting pieces take less money so the budget can be stretched out further. Which is how you get Danny Green, Patty Mills, Kawahi Leonard, Splitter, and the rest all on a roster while the Heat have the corpses of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, Chris Andersen, Mario Chalmers, and the most scrubtastic roster filler possible. And the broken china doll that is Greg Oden.

DoubleDouble*

I made this point earlier in the thread.. There will never be another Jordan. People need to stop comparing him to Jordan. Jordan is in his own hemisphere. 6 NBA Finals, 6 Finals MVPs, countless other accolades. There will never ever be another Jordan.

There's just no reason to harp on LBJ for this series. He was the last person on the Heat you can blame for this loss so there's no reason to harp on him.

Lebron is better than Jordan, but Lebron's competition is better than Jordan.

Jordan was a lot better than the guys he played against, but very few of them were athletic freaks unlike the mediocre players of today. Lebron would have done ridiculous things back then when his combination of size, speed and skill.

Larry Bird is still the best :)

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France

I never blamed lebron, i just said that its the same team that won last year. can we stop saying that he needs more help ? i'm freaking tired of hearing this !! He made the choice to join those same players, they won 2 titles, and now they are not enough ? come on man !! Everyone gets old, heck look at the spurs

I'm just saying that finding excuses for one single guy is not the way to go, they won together, then lost together !! enough with this, bring the draft :handclap:

leafsfan1990

Jul 22, 2009
Sarnia

Jordan was a lot better than the guys he played against, but very few of them were athletic freaks unlike the mediocre players of today. Lebron would have done ridiculous things back then when his combination of size, speed and skill.

Lebron isn't better than Jordan, and his competition isn't better.

Everything advances look at hockey they shoot harder, skate faster, hit harder. Is Crosby better than Gretzky? would he have scored more points if he played when Gretzky did? Jordans 6-0 in the finals and Lebrons 2-3 in the finals.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The only finals where LeBron can't be blamed at all was 2007 with Cleveland. His supporting cast was so bad that when LeBron left, the team dipped from first in the NBA to worst, literally. There's only so much one guy can do.

LeBron deserves all the flak in the world for 2011 against Dallas. He was downright horrible. 2014, while he still has a portion, tye team as a whole is to blame. Everyone did not play to their standards.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

The competition was way better back then. They were also allowed to play tough defense back then too. Now you can't even defend the paint without getting a foul.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Bosh isn't garbage. The problem is that after all that whiny BS from him about not wanting to play C and wanting to be "The guy" on the Raptors, he goes to the Heat, plays C, is the 3rd wheel, and basically is frozen out of the entire offensive setup. When he was given a chance to play like he's capable he did produce. But the Heat's system revolves so much around LeBron and Wade on the perimeter that it pretty much reduced Bosh to a spot-up shooter and even a sort of de facto stretch 4 or 3-point gunner big. There also wasn't much for him to do in this series because the Spurs interior D is solid and Duncan is probably the best counter for Bosh defensively and offensively in the league.

The other obvious problem for the Heat is exposing the fatal weakness of most "big 3" type teams: The incredible lack of depth that occurs because you're spending like 90% of your cap space on 25% of your active roster. The Spurs work as a team because their big 3 are not max money guys (except for when Duncan would've been) and yet they agreed to take a fair bit less money so the team could be built around them. And in turn those supporting pieces take less money so the budget can be stretched out further. Which is how you get Danny Green, Patty Mills, Kawahi Leonard, Splitter, and the rest all on a roster while the Heat have the corpses of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, Chris Andersen, Mario Chalmers, and the most scrubtastic roster filler possible. And the broken china doll that is Greg Oden.

Isn't Bosh from San Antonio? Maybe he'll go there and play C. If you can't beat em, join em. haha

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The competition was way better back then. They were also allowed to play tough defense back then too. Now you can't even defend the paint without getting a foul.

That's difficult to determine. It seems within every sport the consensus is that better technology = better players. Talent seems to be extremely prevalent in sports like hockey, baseball, and soccer so I can only assume that it is better in basketball too.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
A reason why I was pulling for Ghana during their WC opener was because Michael Essien was rocking a Raptors snapback.

Looks like the #WeTheNorth is alive and well in Western Africa.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
A reason why I was pulling for Ghana during their WC opener was because Michael Essien was rocking a Raptors snapback.

Looks like the #WeTheNorth is alive and well in Western Africa.

BqR6r3qIcAEEz-Y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad