Raptors Discussion: v40 | NBA Draft: TONIGHT| 7pm ET/4pm PT | TSN | Raps pick 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
To make a Leafs paralel, this is like saying Kessel is a great player instead of saying kessel is a great offensive player :laugh:

Lebron's defense has left a lot to be desired this series !! that's what my eyes told me anyway :nod:

Edit: last time i checked he has more turnovers than assists

I'm not sure there's a single Heat player that brings a solid defensive effort. :laugh:

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Give credit to the spurs, they play agressive on both ends !! The heat coach sometimes look like that kid at school who nods when others start talking about sophisticated matters without even knowing what the heck is going on lol

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It's hard to take someones opinion seriously when they admit they just started watching the NBA again.

In last years finals Lebron averaged 25pts, 11 rebs and 7 assists.

Close to a triple double in the NBA finals.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Give credit to the spurs, they play agressive on both ends !! The heat coach sometimes look like that kid at school who nods when others start talking about sophisticated matters without even knowing what the heck is going on lol

I really think that's the biggest thing here. Spolestra is getting schooled by the best coach in the league.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Gotta laugh at the Knicks, quite the shambles their $$$ must be. Trying to wine and dine Carmelo. But because Knicks have little supporting cast and talent to win now!

Asking him to take less money. Knicks trying everything.

No picks? No future?

Couldn't happen to a nicer organization ;)

He seems set on Houston or Chicago.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Apparently, Sterling has now hired a bunch of PI's to try and dig up dirt on the NBA. As much as I hate Sterling and think he is a piece of **** human being, if he does find something very damaging to the league (referee corruption, PEDs, lottery rigging, gambling, etc) and finds verifiable evidence and is able to expose the league, then I am all for it. I know this is one of those "If I go down, everyone's coming with me" type things, but if he does uncover scandalous material backed up by evidence, this could be a potential backbreaker for the league. We're talking about the vindication of every "ZOMG RIGGED!!!" conspirator, a mass exodus of fans leaving the league (at least 90% of the NBA's fanbase? Gone), nearly every, if not every single sponsor pulling out as fast as possible, ESPN renouncing its TV deal with the NBA, the league potential crumpling up and losing a TON of money and eventually fading into irrelevancy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, he is almost certain to dig up dirt about corrupt reffing considering former refs have said they have fixed games

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Apparently, Sterling has now hired a bunch of PI's to try and dig up dirt on the NBA. As much as I hate Sterling and think he is a piece of **** human being, if he does find something very damaging to the league (referee corruption, PEDs, lottery rigging, gambling, etc) and finds verifiable evidence and is able to expose the league, then I am all for it. I know this is one of those "If I go down, everyone's coming with me" type things, but if he does uncover scandalous material backed up by evidence, this could be a potential backbreaker for the league. We're talking about the vindication of every "ZOMG RIGGED!!!" conspirator, a mass exodus of fans leaving the league (at least 90% of the NBA's fanbase? Gone), nearly every, if not every single sponsor pulling out as fast as possible, ESPN renouncing its TV deal with the NBA, the league potential crumpling up and losing a TON of money and eventually fading into irrelevancy.

It would be the biggest sports story in the past 30-40 years...and that's putting it lightly, it could be the biggest sports story ever. We've already had one rigged referee issue. If this has been more wide spread over the course of decades you have to question every single stat/champion/game/. Everything gets questioned. Who was in on it, what owners knew about it, what players knew about it, all types of questions. You're right the whole legitimacy of the league's history comes into question. It would truly be astonishing stuff.

The only hope the NBA would have is to be like soccer. FIFA/UEFA are the most corrupt sports gangsters in the world. All they do is conspire to fill their pockets. Refs are rigged, players are rigged, of course games are. It happens all over the world and people still flock to watch.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
The thing with Lebron is he's more Magic then Jordan.
He doesnt try to force the issue or try extremely hard to take over games. He loves to get his teammates involved and would many times rather make a sweet pass to a teammate compared to taking a shot. He's way more passive when you compare him to great players like MJ, Kobe or even KD. Lebron is so dominant because he does SO many things on the floor (pts, assts, rebs, great D, can guard multiple positions). Lebron will never be anywhere close to the pure scorer MJ was but his dominance comes from just how many things he does on the court.

This isnt me saying Lebron is as good but its just their 2 different gamestyle type players.

I agree that James is more of what Magic was compared to what Jordan was. But I disagree on that he's not as pure a scorer, James imo would avg 30+ a game if he wasn't trying to keep guys like Bosh and Wade involved and was more selfish like Jordan.

Put James on a team with a solid supporting cast and lose the two other guys he has to carry on a nightly basis and that team is probably untouchable for many years.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

They won't find anything.

It'd be different if it wasn't Sterling. Sterling should just pull out his own dirt from years ago that Stern kept quiet about. That'd really show the league!

MrLegend28*

They won't find anything.

It'd be different if it wasn't Sterling. Sterling should just pull out his own dirt from years ago that Stern kept quiet about. That'd really show the league!

Tim Donaghy says whats up

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
I agree that James is more of what Magic was compared to what Jordan was. But I disagree on that he's not as pure a scorer, James imo would avg 30+ a game if he wasn't trying to keep guys like Bosh and Wade involved and was more selfish like Jordan.

Put James on a team with a solid supporting cast and lose the two other guys he has to carry on a nightly basis and that team is probably untouchable for many years.

Did i just read that ? :shakehead

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Hey guys,

Here is a crazy trade idea from the Denver Post. The Denver Nuggets would trade the 11th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft, Wilson Chandler, and a trade exception to the Toronto Raptors in return for DeMar DeRozan.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_25965522/kiszla-denver-nuggets-have-three-options-nba-draft

Trade the No. 11 pick and Wilson Chandler to our old pal Masai Ujiri in return for Toronto 24-year-old swingman DeMar DeRozan. The Nuggets have a valuable trade exception in their pocket. Use that trade exception in the hope of prying DeRozan away from the Raptors, who seem interested in moving up from their spot at No. 20 in the first round and face tough economic challenges regarding their roster. Does Ujiri still adore Chandler? Let's find out, and tweak the deal if necessary. DeRozan is the ballplayer LaVine might be ... in about four or five years.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hey guys,

Here is a crazy trade idea from the Denver Post. The Denver Nuggets would trade the 11th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft, Wilson Chandler, and a trade exception to the Toronto Raptors in return for DeMar DeRozan.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_25965522/kiszla-denver-nuggets-have-three-options-nba-draft

Wilson Chandler sucks. And though this is a deep draft, who would the Raptors get at #11 that replaces the offence DeRozan brings? Even with upticks from Ross and Valanciunas this year, the team would be losing a lot of buckets and it's not likely that they get a player from that 11th pick that gives them full value replacement for at least a few years.

So of course Denver's media is going to suggest that. Beacuse trading a top 15 scorer in the NBA for a probable bench wing and the unknown of the 11th pick is a great deal if you're the Nuggets. Same way the Toronto media would suggest moving, say, Patterson's rights and the 20th for a guy who could go in the starting lineup.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
um yes you just read it and its true. if u care to point out where i am wrong you are more then welcome to try.

So when he was in cleveland the cast was the problem, and now its again the cast that is the problem !! When Miami wins, its because of lebron, and when they lose its because of the others ? you can't have it both ways man !!

I know that they are strugling, stop blaming others !! last year they won with the same players

mikebel111*

So when he was in cleveland the cast was the problem, and now its again the cast that is the problem !! When Miami wins, its because of lebron, and when they lose its because of the others ? you can't have it both ways man !!

I know that they are strugling, stop blaming others !! last year they won with the same players

I know. Right? But remember Lebron is the best player in the NBA to ever play. It is always somebody else's fault they lose.

Anyways. Lets go Spurs. Time to finish this!

mikebel111*

Yeah it's done! That is what the Heat get for buying a championship. Yeah I know they got 2 titles and whatever. Still they got their lunch handed to them in this series. Spurs are a team. Unlike money spenders like Miami.
Thank you Spurs and Congrats on another title. Parker, Duncan and Ginobili these 3 are awesome players
Also, hope this silences Lebron is better than Jordan, newsflash: he isn't

I love it!

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Timmy D and Pop are two of the most special people at there positions the game has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad