Raptors Discussion: v40 | NBA Draft: TONIGHT| 7pm ET/4pm PT | TSN | Raps pick 20th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
NBA RUMORS: Mychal Thompson hears Kevin Love & Kevin Martin to Golden State for David Lee, Klay Thompson & a future #1

This is from Klay's Dad. Supposedly his son is as good as gone from GS.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
NBA RUMORS: Mychal Thompson hears Kevin Love & Kevin Martin to Golden State for David Lee, Klay Thompson & a future #1

This is from Klay's Dad. Supposedly his son is as good as gone from GS.

Interesting! Bringing K-Love to the Northern California would be a huge get for a franchise desperate for a winner. It would also allow a guy like Harrison Barnes to potentially get more playing time if the feel that he can play the 2. Losing Klay Thompson would be disappointing but anytime you can get a player of Love's quality, you make the deal!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
How good is Bogut defensively? He'd better be ready to deal with covering for Love, because Love is Bargnani bad defensively.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Reports this morning say that Joel Embiid fractured his foot during a workout and now the Cavs are scared to take him at #1. Apparently they're leaning toward either Parker or Wiggins, with Parker being preferred. The whole draft is starting to look really muddy.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/joel-embiid-is-hurt-and-the-draft-is-descending-into-chaos/

Get the dude who is a freak and see if Casey can turn him into a basketball player.

I'm thinking like Deandre Jordan/Serge Ibaka/Kenneth Faried

Counter-argument: Joe Alexander, Jan Vesley, Gerald Green (though he's picked it up a bit), Joey Graham, Tyrus Thomas, etc.

The draft is loaded with guys who dominate lower levels because of superior athleticism and then tank in the NBA because they lack the skills to otherwise succeed. Picking a guy who is athletically dominant and then hoping that the coaching staff can mold a competent basketball player out of him is asking for trouble. Even a guy like Ross has his shooting to keep him relevant no matter what.

You obviously can't necessarily use a prospect with zero athleticism, but a smart player with good skills can overcome athletic deficiencies. A great athlete who lacks other tools often can't overcome their drawbacks.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2 Min.
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

Take it for what it's worth...

tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_500.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Soooo we should trade up and pick McDermott Nem?:nod:

Given how deep this draft is I don't know if it's worth the assets to trade up. But McDermott wouldn't be a terrible choice, more than likely. He's a great shooter and a smart player. Worst case he becomes a floor spacer who can hit 3s. Best case he can get his own shot off more and then he could be a useful player. The kind of guy that comes off the bench to anchor the 2nd unit.

His one big knock though is that his athleticism is still a couple of ticks below even NBA average, which will hurt his defensive potential. Also the fact that he's kind of a tweener hurts too. I've been pretty vocal in my dislike for tweener players of pretty much any position split other than SG/SF and PF/C.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I think McDermott is as tweener as they come.

If we trade up, I'd try and get Randle.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Randle and Jonas would be a very good combination. Would be very hard to get him though.

Supposedly, he's falling after his injury too. I think Masai could work some magic somehow and move up. Specially with one of our 2nds.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Lets say Embiid drops to us at 20 because everyone is worried about his durability, should we take that risk or go with a different player since we already have a good young C in Valanciunas?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Lets say Embiid drops to us at 20 because everyone is worried about his durability, should we take that risk or go with a different player since we already have a good young C in Valanciunas?

Go with Embiid. Don't make the same mistake BC did with Drummond.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2 Min.
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

Take it for what it's worth...

tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_500.jpg

If I'm GS I make that trade. Not only do you get an upgrade, you get an extra first round pick, Plus they get some depth back as well. Minnesota trying to pay off a team to get rid of some cap by giving up their first lol..not a bad idea I guess. David Lee only has 2 years left on his deal so he becomes an immediate trade candidate in 2015-2016, because I really can't see Lee re-signing in Minnesota, but I guess it depends on what the Wolves do in free agency/draft and how much they improve.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

If Embiid is there at #20 you take him without a doubt. If I was Masai I'd be running on the draft floor making sure I get him. Yeah he has a pretty bad injury but it's not like it's a career threatening injury, it's going to take some time to get better but wow to get that value at #20 would be massive. A potential #1 pick falling to #20 would be a dream for Masai.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I've never been more excited for the Raptors season to start up over the Leafs but this year I am.

First time in a while we aren't in the lottery and don't feel the need to hit a Homerun, or hope that a franchise player falls in our laps.

It's like we are trying to just find a guy who can be a solid contributer with a high ceiling. Here's hoping we land the next Kawhi

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Regarding that Lowry-Miami rumour...If LeBron opts out why would anyone go to Miami. Wade is done folks...his knees are gone. Bosh is overrated plain and simple he won't opt out because he won't get near the 20-22 million dollars he's due to be paid next season. Wade and his wonky knees won't opt out. I'm telling you Wade is a very very old 32. His knees with all the surgeries and fluid drained from them and shots put into them..they're probably like a 50 year old's. He won't be able to last much longer, but if he does he's not near the player he once was. If I'm LBJ I'm outta there.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Regarding that Lowry-Miami rumour...If LeBron opts out why would anyone go to Miami. Wade is done folks...his knees are gone. Bosh is overrated plain and simple he won't opt out because he won't get near the 20-22 million dollars he's due to be paid next season. Wade and his wonky knees won't opt out. I'm telling you Wade is a very very old 32. His knees with all the surgeries and fluid drained from them and shots put into them..they're probably like a 50 year old's. He won't be able to last much longer, but if he does he's not near the player he once was. If I'm LBJ I'm outta there.

Also with Lowry, just based on his personality etc I really can't seem him going somewhere to be a tertiary piece.

He's a leader and an alpha dog (shout out to nba 2k14 lol)

I'm not sure how many playoff calibre teams are out there that would more or less hand him the keys to the offense like Casey does here. Makes me think that as long as the money is there, he'll stay in TO over anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad