Confirmed Trade: [UTA/TBL] Mikhail Sergachev for Conor Geekie, J.J. Moser, 2025 2nd, 2024 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
They saw first hand how bad Keller’s blew up. He came back and had the best season of his career right after. He hasn’t missed a beat. Players can come back from these injuries now days.
I know but Sergachevs was so disgusting we left it running on repeat as background at our BDSM club's weekend orgies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How close is Geekie to being ready to play in the NHL? We need a 3C next year so hopefully he can take that spot. Possible he starts in Syracuse to learn the system then come out later in the year kinda like we did with Cirelli but we need some offense in that spot and he seems to have that.

Can Moser play the right side? He can play the 3rd pair LD spot where I think he'll shine but I like Lilleberg in that spot but having more options never hurts. RD is still an issue for us.

Sergachev if he stays healthy should be exactly what Utah needs. He also is at an age that fits with a lot of their forward group. It kinda feels like they traded Chychrun just to bring back a similar player a couple years later for the same role. Sergachev is locked up long term so stability is there. Hopefully he gets back to where he was a couple of season ago.

Reactions: Outl4w

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
How close is Geekie to being ready to play in the NHL? We need a 3C next year so hopefully he can take that spot. Possible he starts in Syracuse to learn the system then come out later in the year kinda like we did with Cirelli but we need some offense in that spot and he seems to have that.

Can Moser play the right side? He can play the 3rd pair LD spot where I think he'll shine but I like Lilleberg in that spot but having more options never hurts. RD is still an issue for us.

Sergachev if he stays healthy should be exactly what Utah needs. He also is at an age that fits with a lot of their forward group. It kinda feels like they traded Chychrun just to bring back a similar player a couple years later for the same role. Sergachev is locked up long term so stability is there. Hopefully he gets back to where he was a couple of season ago.
fun fact: Lilleberg and Moser were both drafted by Bill Armstrong in 2021. Now they might be playing on the same pair.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I like your thinking - moving young players in order to keep older players in their decline
that old player is way better than the young player. our window is gonna close completely in a year or two it does not matter one bit that sergachev will be better than stamkos at that point

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Utah was looking for a number 1 defenseman and they now have it.
I expect Serge to shine now that he is out of Hedman's shadow and "The Man" on defense for Utah.
Like so many other players, they key is him staying healthy.
Knowing that Utah traded for him with the intention of making him their blueline anchor should take care of any alleged attitude issues he has.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This is a good trade for Tampa in my opinion.

Moser is actually pretty decent and only 24 years old, prospect and a 2nd rounder, and they clear the cap to make this season manageable.

Utah clearly saw Sergachev as a #1 defenseman. Interesting to see how he does in that role. He can play the big minutes but it's not mistake free.

It's fun that Utah is being aggressive though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I thought for sure Sergachyov was gonna be headed to Detroit city. But this is a pretty big coup for Tampa, getting out of basically the entire enormous caphit and getting back one heck of a promising young (much cheaper) defenceman like Moser in the process.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Good for both teams. Utah is getting a team that’s ready to start turning the corner, they just needed strong ownership to financially back them.

Tampa is trying to squeeze a little more out of this group and needed the space, got a solid return for being in a tight spot. Going to be fun to see where they put the money they have.

Just a good trade.

Reactions: Jakey53

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Tampa must know something wasn’t right with his rehab.
Tampa needed to clear Cap Space to sign Stamkos and fill out their roster. It is not a matter of damaged goods as much as needing to trade value if you are going to clear space.
This appears to be a win for both sides, so only time will tell if there is a clear winner/loser in this one.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tampa needed to clear Cap Space to sign Stamkos and fill out their roster. It is not a matter of damaged goods as much as needing to trade value if you are going to clear space.
This appears to be a win for both sides, so only time will tell if there is a clear winner/loser in this one.
Allegedly. That’s exactly what Tampa would say.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40

I think Geekie is ready, but he still needs to prove it.
JJ played the right side when he was paired with Chychrun.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I was worried Utah was going to try to contend right away, which I don't think is a good strategy when you consider the juggernauts in the Western Conference at the moment

Salt Lake City is a basketball town... they understand tanking in order to build through the draft

I think they should've sold off players like Keller, Crouse, Ingram, and Schmaltz, and dove head-first into the next few lotteries

Anyways, I like this trade for Tampa

Phoenix/Utah have been tanking for the last 20 f***ing years and look where they are.

This is a fair trade for both teams, TBay gets young players while getting cap space and Utah gets a top 2 D man, with upside to improve.

Hopefully more defensive help is bought in.

Phoenix scored 256 goals last year, tied with LA and only 3 behind Winnipeg but they allowed 274 goals against, if they can shore that Defence up and get more help up front, they can contend and even make the playoffs.

Hopefully they sign another D and get Stamkos.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad