Useless Thread MDCCCLXXVIII : Halloween Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
what is the difference between ple and ppv

They used to be called pay-per-views because you would pay for each viewing. Now with Peacock, subscribers can watch them as many times as they want.

There was a time when they called them Network Specials, but now I guess they're calling them Premium Live Events.

Even if the name isn't accurate, PPV just sounds right.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
LA Knight on Roman Reigns: "He's got about one title defense every three, four months? Four defenses a year, and we're celebrating the fact that he's been champion for 1,200 days? You've got to be kidding me."

It's almost like they're awful at telling a coherent story.

But this is nothing new for how they portray Roman. Back when he was a face, he would objectively act like a heel, then they would just ignore it and treat the viewers like assholes for remembering what happened last week.

If you're going to push him as a star, just book and portray him as a star. Holy shit, this isn't complicated.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
2016 Royal Rumble

Roman starts at #1, gets beat up by the League of Nations and misses the majority of the match, then comes sprinting back, not selling anything, so he can attack the 29th entrant (Sheamus, LoN member) from behind.

Yeah, let's take this guy who gets criticized for being pushed too much and not deserving of his spot, and let's do some bullshit so he doesn't have to wrestle the whole match, but shows up right near the end, like a sneaky heel.

What f***ing idiot thought that would get him over?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
i don't understand how ol "d with glasses" survived last night

regardless of affiliation we all know he is a clown

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
i don't understand how ol "d with glasses" survived last night

regardless of affiliation we all know he is a clown
If you are talking about Georgie Porgie from NY I don't get the "D with glasses" moniker. :dunno:

Anyways, my NFL Weekly picks are now posted in the iconic weekly picks threads. Good luck! 💰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad