Useless Thread MCM: 20th Century Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
you seem very rustled
I'm not rustled at all. I just don't get why a classy organization like the O's, who clearly will make the post season, are beating their chests over beating a mid team a day after getting blown out by same mid team and re-litigating a tweet from 3 months ago. :dunno: Was it stupid that the Nats fan made that tweet? Of course it was. Best way to combat it is to ignore it. Now the O's just made that idiot famous again which is probably what he craved to begin with. But of course because it involves "retribution" you think its the bees knees. :bee: :eyeroll:

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Pochettino is hailed by many pundits for his focus on developing local players from the clubs' youth academies, getting local government and references' support,[135][136] and a willingness to promote young players in general.[137][138] It was also noted that many young players under his tutelage went on to play for the England national team,[139][140] while the manager himself felt that it was his duty to develop English talent, saying "I feel when I arrived in Spain and now in England in which way can we say 'thank you' to the country that opened the door when I didn't speak English. And how people treated me and my family and my staff which was really well. It's a way to say thank you to the Premier League and the people who trust in you".[141][142]

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
6degecgq8rid1.jpeg

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
On July 23, Emmert announced the following sanctions against Penn State:[234]

Five years probation.

A four-year postseason ban.

Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011–112 wins in all. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.

A $60 million fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.

Loss of a total of forty initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State was to be limited to 65 total scholarships—only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school was allowed.

Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.

Penn State entered into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accepted an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

"The validity of the sanctions later came into question, and emails surfaced that indicated highly ranked officials within the NCAA did not believe the organization had the jurisdiction to pass down the original sanctions.[243] Subsequent emails, brought forward under subpoena, quoted an NCAA vice-president, "I characterized our approach to PSU as a bluff when talking to Mark [Emmert, NCAA president] ... He basically agreed [because] I think he understands that if we made this an enforcement issue, we may win the immediate battle but lose the war."[244] Another vice-president questioned the NCAA's investigation and enforcement process of Penn State, calling it "a bit of a runaway train right now," and wrote that he had concerns regarding the NCAA's jurisdiction to sanction Penn State: "I know we are banking on the fact [Penn State] is so embarrassed they will do anything."[244]

The NCAA later rescinded many of the sanctions against Penn State"

So as I've been saying joe pa bad, Sandusky bad but no way Penn State should have faced that big a penalty

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The NCAA has never done anything right.

all their punishments are bs and that's even if they punish.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

The NCAA never named Ruiz in its ruling Friday, but referenced an April 13 tweet posted by a booster that included a photo of him and two recruits. On that date, Ruiz posted a photo of himself with the Cavinder twins after a dinner at his home.

“These girls decided where to go, no one else did it for them,” Ruiz tweeted Friday.

The Cavinders, who have an enormous social media following and several NIL deals, signed their letter of intent about a week after the dinner. They are not subject to any sanctions. Both are in their first season with the Hurricanes after transferring from Fresno State.

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
stupid new big 10, USC going to Maryland in October
Shouldn't you be doing cartwheels that your second favorite team gets to visit your backyard now? Or are you off that wagon now that Mr. Painted Fingernails is gone. :rolleyes:

The NCAA never named Ruiz in its ruling Friday, but referenced an April 13 tweet posted by a booster that included a photo of him and two recruits. On that date, Ruiz posted a photo of himself with the Cavinder twins after a dinner at his home.

“These girls decided where to go, no one else did it for them,” Ruiz tweeted Friday.

The Cavinders, who have an enormous social media following and several NIL deals, signed their letter of intent about a week after the dinner. They are not subject to any sanctions. Both are in their first season with the Hurricanes after transferring from Fresno State.
And of course the gutless administrators all but excommunicated El Presidente after that incident. :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: End of Line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad