Useless Thread MCM: 20th Century Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1723646858790.png

remember when I ran into that guy for a shooting contest and I lost both times,he demanded payment and I ended up killing him šŸ˜‚

WANTED

the funniest part of Red Dead 2 was riding up to random people who were camping out and greeting friendly. Howdy

"You best get back from where you came from."

attack

take their stuff šŸ˜‚

@MetalheadPenguinsFan
@Neil Racki

dude the worst were the bounty hunters who would just see you on the path and try to arrest you

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Back to his home away from home. šŸ©¹
Babe Woof is pretty sad about this

might need to diet to prevent weight gain

after 24oz of cold brew coffee

me rn on 24oz of fold brew

can't even type within shakinggg

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

Why even do this article at all when the little blurbs make it quite clear the author is clueless?

"I am a diehard pro football fan, so I am admittedly fascinated by how Mike Tomlin will cobble up another double-digit win season with no quarterback."

You can argue that Wilson and Fields aren't great, but their situation is clearly better than last year.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Titans at 28, as they ignore their off season and just shit on Levis.

Vikings at 26, just because of Darnold.

Jets at 16, despite a great defense and Rodgers' insurrection resurrection.

Colts at 11, despite Anthony Richardson being just about the only reason to give a shit about them.

49ers at 8, despite having one of the top offenses and a possible revenge tour for the Super Bowl.

Chiefs at 7, is this clown f***ing serious

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"These Broncos are woeful, with rookie Bo Nixā€™s conservative play style as a quarterback feeding right into a likely four-win 2024 season."

I loathe Sean Payton and I'm confident they'll win more than 4 games.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
other than it not allowing me to program noise cancelling with one tap I am pleased

@mattihp did you change the earbud covers

getting repeatedly asked to set my earbuds up on my app

bitch I already set this shit up I'm listening successfully

f***

Have you heard the dogs at night
Somewhere on the hill
Chasing some poor criminal
And I guess they're out to kill

Oh there must be shackles on his feet
And mother in his eyes
Stumbling through the devil-dark
With the hound pack in full cry

Have mercy on the criminal
Who is running from the law
Are you blind to the winds of change
Don't you hear him any more

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Author Ian Oā€™Connor has taken a close look at the life of Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Itā€™s been clear from the pre-publication publicity that the biography is unauthorized. And itā€™s an easy, yes-or-no question as to whether it is.

Of course, when Rodgers was asked that easy, yes-or-no question by WFAN on Tuesday morning, the answer wasnā€™t easy.

Question: Is the biography authorized or not authorized?

ā€œThatā€™s a rhetorical question, is it not?ā€ Rodgers said, via AwfulAnnouncing.com. ā€œIs it not?ā€

Itā€™s not. Itā€™s a real question. And itā€™s obvious that itā€™s not authorized. But Rodgers nevertheless sat for an interview with the writer of the unauthorized biography.

That gave him a chance to add his two cents to the record, while also reserving the right to dispute anything in the book that he doesnā€™t like.

ā€œHe did a lot of research,ā€ Rodgers said regarding Oā€™Connor. ā€œIt has nothing to do with me. But he did a lot of research on his own. Heā€™s done other books with other famous people in sports. I think he reached out to 500 people and talked to maybe half those people.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
In my opinion the current trend of ~3 hour long superheroe movies is an evidence that the public is really getting dumber.

I have no idea how people can get excited about another Avengers/Deadpool/Spiderman/FastandFurious/Batman or whatever superhero movie.

Those movies are utter garbage, with very generic acting, and a very basic and predictable script... and sometimes they try to overcomplicated it in attempt to "create something new", which eventually turns out to be even worse.

I think the fact that it became a thing in America, a strategy by the big studios, to make those very long superhero movies, to artificially overhype them through marketing techniques, and that the audience respond to that positively and that those dumb movies become a cultural phenomena is an evidence that the population is getting dumber and dumber by each year.

I mean I have no problem with an occasional superhero movie once in a while, but now it became like a thing that people are expecting and get excited and talk about whole year, and the social media becomes flooded with memes and quotes from those dumb superhero movies...

Like I remember when grown ass people were expecting for Avengers Endgame movie to come out as if it's some kind of historic event, and the day after it premiered everybody were like talking about Thenos and talking in memes and quotes from the movie.... i mean really?

This is really sad. Spiderman used to be a cartoon for 10 years old, now it's a deep 3 hour philosophical movie that comes out almost every year.... and people really expect for screwnwriters to come up with enough ideas to fill those 3 hours.

I think the world is getting dumber in an alarming speed. I really want to puke everytime a new superhero movie comes out.

I literally can't tell the difference between any if the Avengers movies, it's like all mixed up in my head... I even don't try to keep track after the plot.

And again... I have no problem with an occasional dumb and simple superhero movie, but the way how it became a whole industry and cultural phenomena, and how the studios are trying to make those movies to be "deep" and "sophisticated", and the fact that the public is obsessed with it and consumes it at such high rate, is very disturbing.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I'm not a big fan of superhero movies, but that guy is a dumb twat.

No, Idiocracy isn't happening around you just because you don't like the current blockbusters.

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
'Cause I don't wanna argue, but I don't wanna bite
My tongue, yeah, I think I'd rather die
You got me misunderstood, but at least I look this good

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20240815_005336671.jpg

been testing out my new earbuds and swapping the silicone ear inserts

also found lightning McQueen and Sally !

Iā€™m 6'5" and actually played baseball. The fact I went to college and got a degree and worked hard might be lost on you. I donā€™t play backgammon but I do play chess. I could also twist you into a pretzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad