WC: USA at the 2010 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhawk

Feb 17, 2010
A Finnish TV Channel YLE are claiming US Rosters to be:

1st
Kennedy - Potulny - Dubinsky
Johnson - Greene

2nd
Galiardi - Kreider - Hanson
Green - Hillen

3rd
Okposo - Carter - Nystrom
Lundin - Chorney

4th
Moss - Foligno - Oshie
Yandle - Gilroy

Starting goalie Bishop
2nd goalie Clemmensen

http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekko/mm_jaakiekko_2010/2010/04/tulospalvelu_1623776.html

Their german line up is totally wrong, so not sure if you should rely heavily on it. But, I think it's possible Bishop starts tonight or against Denmark.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
A Finnish TV Channel YLE are claiming US Rosters to be:

1st
Kennedy - Potulny - Dubinsky
Johnson - Greene

2nd
Galiardi - Kreider - Hanson
Green - Hillen

3rd
Okposo - Carter - Nystrom
Lundin - Chorney

4th
Moss - Foligno - Oshie
Yandle - Gilroy

Starting goalie Bishop
2nd goalie Clemmensen

http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaakiekko/mm_jaakiekko_2010/2010/04/tulospalvelu_1623776.html
That lineup is just listing players in numerical order.

Their german line up is totally wrong, so not sure if you should rely heavily on it. But, I think it's possible Bishop starts tonight or against Denmark.
The German lineup on there is from the Olympics.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Are the line ups published yet?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why isn't Kessel there? Was he injured or something?

I guess he had some form of an abdominal tear...but never declined as far as we know...I keep throwing him out there because I still feel he will come on board but told USA Hockey that he wouldn't be able to come until elimination round started....so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Phil Kessel is one of the final two players we add to this squad.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I guess he had some form of an abdominal tear...but never declined as far as we know...I keep throwing him out there because I still feel he will come on board but told USA Hockey that he wouldn't be able to come until elimination round started....so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Phil Kessel is one of the final two players we add to this squad.

we need to get there first..

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Anyone want to give American fans like myself some type of hope....

One game means nothing, especially for a group of guys that haven't played together, and most of them haven't played a real game for over 2 weeks. This is pretty typical for the World Championships, the first game is always a feeling out process for teams like Canada and the US.

Plus Germany had some much going for them, the building and the hype and the adreneline. Its not panic time yet.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Can anyone tell me where all the Americans are,is there a reason for not apearing to the Worlds ?????

I mean that lineup is just pathetic.
The Defense is kind of ok but....... the offense....
You can put an AHL team together that has more scoring drive
Are they happy with their Olympics silver medal ?????

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Can anyone tell me where all the Americans are,is there a reason for not apearing to the Worlds ?????

They had better use the remaining two open roster spots wisely.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Just go away.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly

In my opinion your comment was completely biased and pathetic. The defense is probably the best in the tournament and the offense has some bright spots. You will see.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Jack Johnson? Keith Yandle? Andy Greene? Matt Greene? .. J/johnson was an olympian.. yandle and Greene probably would have olympic replacements if they would have been blood tested or whatever in the summer... whos better?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
In my opinion your comment was completely biased and pathetic. The defense is probably the best in the tournament and the offense has some bright spots. You will see.

I would disagree that they have the best defense in the tournament. But the team is better than their first game.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
whos better? Canada has a decent core but i think they are known for more of the offense... i think america has atleast the best top 4 d-men with Johnson/Yandle.. Greene/greene

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I would personally take Canada's before the US. Couple shut down guys in Staal and Beauchamin, good puck movers, lots of speed and compusure.

I don't see that with the US squad, they got a big boost with Johnson but after that it gets a bit thin.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Francois Beauchemin shutdown dman? Guy has been a minus dman the last 3 years.. And keith yandle fits that prescription of puck mover/speed fine. 41 points on the year.

but i do see what your saying with myers/staal/giordano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad