WC: USA at the 2010 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Here's the jersey the team is wearing for its historic opener against Germany:

P5050055.jpg

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
And the more i think about it, i think james would have an awesome tourny... If the flyers get eliminated friday ill try to get a hold of him and ask if hes heard anything about being asked

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
He has looked worn down but I agree, he will be added, unless Burke is holding out hope for a Gionta/Gomez duo if they were to fall down 3-1 tomorrow.

He definitely has worn down some, which commonly occurs with college players adjusting to a lengthier season. Great talent though. He's still a bit unpolished but has vast pontential.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
And the more i think about it, i think james would have an awesome tourny... If the flyers get eliminated friday ill try to get a hold of him and ask if hes heard anything about being asked

I thought he looked pretty good today. I haven't seen a lot of Philly this playoffs though. I think it's highly likely he'll be going as long as he says yes. He fits in, obviously, with the whole youth movement Brian Burke is spearheading for USA Hockey. Gionta and Gomez would both be great additions though too but who knows what their thoughts are on even playing, especially after missing out on the Olympic team.

The Chicago/Vancouver series will probably be a long one say Kane/Kesler/Buff won't be available in time most likely, if they even agreed to play.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He definitely has worn down some, which commonly occurs with college players adjusting to a lengthier season. Great talent though. He's still a bit unpolished but has vast pontential.

Yeah, that's a good point. This off-season will be huge for him in understanding where he needs to get strength and conditioning wise. He's still growing into his body.

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
What do you Americans think about David Moss and Eric Nystrom making the team?

I like both picks. Nystrom was named an alternate captain and should anchor the checking unit for team.

Moss has goal scoring potential and this team needs secondary scoring contributors. The US will contend for a medal if forwards other than Dubinsky, Oshie, and Okposo produce.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I know i dont know or cant tell but, does anyone know if Kane likes playing for his country as much as other guys? I think it would be really cool if he showed up in germany... I think j-johnson really does it just to play for a nation.. Other olympians should take a
look at him and put on the american sweater... Mr Bonney- should i give up my hopes on Kessel and Drury?

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
Has Kessel officially said no? I hope for my sanity he has.

How do you guys feel about Hansen being on the team? I think he is terrible when he plays for the Leafs.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Has Kessel officially said no? I hope for my sanity he has.

How do you guys feel about Hansen being on the team? I think he is terrible when he plays for the Leafs.

Hanson played fine for the leafs in my opinion.. He was good for the marlies and didnt get alot of ice time for the Leafs.. He definatly played better the last 5-10 games of the year

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I know i dont know or cant tell but, does anyone know if Kane likes playing for his country as much as other guys? I think it would be really cool if he showed up in germany... I think j-johnson really does it just to play for a nation.. Other olympians should take a
look at him and put on the american sweater... Mr Bonney- should i give up my hopes on Kessel and Drury?

Kane has always answered the call so far in his albeit short time representing USA Hockey. It's hard to compare anyone to Johnson because he's so adamant about always representing his country. I really hope (and I'm sure the big wigs are thinking the same way) that a lot of these other young guys follow Johnson's lead for the next 15 years for USA Hockey. I think Kane would if he had the opportunity to play but I don't think Chicago is going to lose this series.

I'd say yes on both Kessel and Drury. Kessel had an abominal tear that he wasn't sure would allow him to play and I also think Burke (and hopefully Phil himself) want Phil to spend the whole off-season focusing on his strength and conditioning, which would help USA Hockey more long term than Kessel playing in this tournament. Other than after cleaning out his locker where he said he hadn't decided on playing, I've heard nothing about Drury as well.

Cutty Sarkn3ss*

The media guide says that the game starts at 8:15 German time, I'm just making sure that's correct. If so, the game is at 11:15 PST.

FoxMulder91*

As a Flames fan its nice to see Nystrom and Moss on the team.
Its nice to see Nystrom get an A on his jersey. I believe the A's are going to be alternated between a some players.

Hopefully Moss can gain some confidence back after being injured this year and not producing as much as expected.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kane has always answered the call so far in his albeit short time representing USA Hockey. It's hard to compare anyone to Johnson because he's so adamant about always representing his country. I really hope (and I'm sure the big wigs are thinking the same way) that a lot of these other young guys follow Johnson's lead for the next 15 years for USA Hockey. I think Kane would if he had the opportunity to play but I don't think Chicago is going to lose this series.

I'd say yes on both Kessel and Drury. Kessel had an abominal tear that he wasn't sure would allow him to play and I also think Burke (and hopefully Phil himself) want Phil to spend the whole off-season focusing on his strength and conditioning, which would help USA Hockey more long term than Kessel playing in this tournament. Other than after cleaning out his locker where he said he hadn't decided on playing, I've heard nothing about Drury as well.

It is just a guess but I would think that with the way Drury plays, after already getting a concussion and coming back early, playing a condensed schedule and in the Olympics, he would most likely need this break to heal and get himself mentally ready for next season. He needs a big rebound year.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Has anyone else seen any mention in articles and what not regarding the line combos?

The only thing I can say for certain is that Foligno - Dubinsky - Okposo seem to be the first line based on the exhibition game box score. I also saw that Mike Lundin is paired with Jack Hillen in a TBL article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad