WC: USA at the 2010 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Francois Beauchemin shutdown dman? Guy has been a minus dman the last 3 years.. And keith yandle fits that prescription of puck mover/speed fine. 41 points on the year.

but i do see what your saying with myers/staal/giordano

I gotta say the US top 4 dmen is the best back four for any squad.....period. If anyone actually wants to use the name Francois Beauchemin as a top 4 defender for their country, then I am sorry, it isn't that good. Giordano is okay, Myers is excellent but young, and Staal is pretty solid as well...but for all the talent that Canada has to pool from, and that is the best they could come up with on D for this tourney....I am not scared a single ounce about their defense...

now offense on the other hand is a landslide win for Canada...even with all the guys that turned down offers.

The US will have to rely on their solid puck moving defensemen with sparking that offense...hopefully we get a little more offensive help, but with Detroit officialy out, I really dont want any of Abdelkader, Eaves, or Miller honestly. All of them are bottom 6 forwards, though Abdelkader is going to be pretty darn solid once he gets a full time shot.

And if Vancouver does get bounced tomorrow as well...only Kesler would be available, and I am going to go out on a limb and say he says no.

So I am not sure who they really have to wait on at this point to be honest, maybe JVR, Gomez, or Gionta??? not many Americans are playing on the teams that have been or could be bounced this round.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
whos better? Canada has a decent core but i think they are known for more of the offense... i think america has atleast the best top 4 d-men with Johnson/Yandle.. Greene/greene
First you claim the best D in the tournament from the U.S. Johnson/Yandle is all this team has. Yandle is the only good defensemen, Johnson he's hit or miss and still has to prove himself. The rest of the teams D are average players. :laugh: Do you think the other countries D can't measure up? Do you even have a clue about the talent on the other countries D?

I gotta say the US top 4 dmen is the best back four for any squad.....period. If anyone actually wants to use the name Francois Beauchemin as a top 4 defender for their country, then I am sorry, it isn't that good. Giordano is okay, Myers is excellent but young, and Staal is pretty solid as well...but for all the talent that Canada has to pool from, and that is the best they could come up with on D for this tourney....I am not scared a single ounce about their defense...
And I'm not scared of your defensives corp. I see easy goals against them, once they start facing the tougher teams. Don't worry about Canada's D, they know how to play this tournament even with the unproven, young and average guys. You won't see Canadians around the boards though saying that ours is the best D in the tournament. Probably has a lot of potential once the chemistry picks up.

Last edited:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
First you claim the best D in the tournament from the U.S. Johnson/Yandle is all this team has. Yandle is the only good defensemen, Johnson he's hit or miss and still has to prove himself.
The rest of the teams D are average players. :laugh: Do you think the other countries D can't measure up? Do you even have a clue about the talent on the other countries D?

And I'm not scared of your defensives corp. I see easy goals against them, once they start facing the tougher teams.

Well buddy, guess what... IM NOT AFRAID OF YOUR DEFENSIVE CORP EITHER. espically Tyler TURNOVER Myers.. and michael MINUS 20 Del Zotto AND ESPICALLY FRANCOIS JUST FLAT OUT OVERRATED BEAUCHEMIN ..

i cant wait till Canada plays a good opponet, im so sick of disrespectful Canadians coming on here telling Americans that our roster is flat out "pathetic" and saying stuff like "Potunly? WTF ? good luck states, seriously"

and saying Jack Johnson is hit or miss is a bit foolish.. alot of the kings personal said that he improved on his consistency this year.. was the kings #2 defenseman, and at times was just as good defensively as Doughty... Doughty just brings alot more offense

and for the record, i see easy goals scored against your team, espically when they play better teams out of your easy pool play

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
Well buddy, guess what... IM NOT AFRAID OF YOUR DEFENSIVE CORP EITHER. espically Tyler TURNOVER Myers.. and michael MINUS 20 Del Zotto AND ESPICALLY FRANCOIS JUST FLAT OUT OVERRATED BEAUCHEMIN ..

i cant wait till Canada plays a good opponet, im so sick of disrespectful Canadians coming on here telling Americans that our roster is flat out "pathetic" and saying stuff like "Potunly? WTF ? good luck states, seriously"

and saying Jack Johnson is hit or miss is a bit foolish.. alot of the kings personal said that he improved on his consistency this year.. was the kings #2 defenseman, and at times was just as good defensively as Doughty... Doughty just brings alot more offense

and for the record, i see easy goals scored against your team, espically when they play better teams out of your easy pool play
Ok, so what's your point? I didn't mention anything about Canada. I'm talking about the US defense and only that. Maybe learn some hockey before you say stupid things like this team having the best D in the tournament, when you lost 2-1 to Germany. I watch Johnson play and keep tabs on him, he's still has to show his potential. He stepped up in the playoffs, shows some of his skill, but he's still got ways to go.

As far as your Canadian outburst, it's clear your have a inferiority complex with anything dealing with Canada. :sarcasm:

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Ok, so what's your point? I didn't mention anything about Canada. I'm talking about the US defense and only that. Maybe learn some hockey before you say stupid things like this team having the best D in the tournament, when you lost 2-1 to Germany. I watch Johnson play and keep tabs on him, he's still has to show his potential. He stepped up in the playoffs, shows some of his skill, but he's still got ways to go.

As far as your Canadian outburst, it's clear your have a inferiority complex with anything dealing with Canada. :sarcasm:

How did the D have anything to do with the loss? They played fine? America honestly created no offense. And yea just let me learn some hockey because i dont watch any games. How about you watch some Americans play not named Jack Johnson or Keith Yandle.

And if you talk about America in a bad way, obviously im going to send it right back up north to Canada.
As far as your American outburst, its clear that you are frusturated that America took the U-17s, U-18s and World Juniors. And please, dont give me any of the CHL playoffs garbage, a tournament is a tournament.

NYRangers1259

Oct 29, 2009
How did the D have anything to do with the loss? They played fine? America honestly created no offense. And yea just let me learn some hockey because i dont watch any games. How about you watch some Americans play not named Jack Johnson or Keith Yandle.

And if you talk about America in a bad way, obviously im going to send it right back up north to Canada.
As far as your American outburst, its clear that you are frusturated that America took the U-17s, U-18s and World Juniors. And please, dont give me any of the CHL playoffs garbage, a tournament is a tournament.

Got EM^ :sarcasm:

NYRangers1259

Oct 29, 2009

Seriously... Being non biased, USA does arguably have the best d in the tourny. And all ur talk about johnson, he is one of the top young dmen in the game, and is two times better than all dman on team canada. Myers is a turnover monster and is unproven, As a diehard ranger fan michael del zotto can be great at times, but terrible at others, so he is far from his potential, I dnt even know where to start with beuchamin. And i wouldnt call what usa flyers said a Canadian outburst. You clearly have nothing better to do, than go on the USA AT THE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS forum and rant on USA. If our offense clicks, then we will have a good tourny, and no one in the US is worried about playing canada when you have Big Chris Mason in net and the ever reliable Chad Johnson.... YEAH HAYNNNNN

Why dont u go rant on italys forum or something, while crying over your d after you read this message

Good day to you sir

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Got em? really now...I have observed the amercian development of prospects over the past number of years and have come away extremely impressed by the progress made by their program so this is not a knock on U.S. hockey. The US took the wjhc fair and square an excellent effort by that team and you cannot take that away from them, however please do not bring up the U17s when the US played the Province of Ontario not Canada and that CHL playoffs garbage is a valid argument, that U18 team was missing Jeff Skinner
Tyler Seguin
Mark Pysyk
Brandon Gormley
Jaden Schwartz
Sean Couturier
Brad Ross
Ryan Johansen
Troy Rutkowski
Tyler Toffoli
Ryan Murphy
Brendan Gallagher
Devante Smith-Pelly
to name a few, you cannot tell me american fans would not argue had they been missing players of that caliber. You mention a tournament is a tournament, that is true but if it is not best on best should that tournament be seen as legitimate judging grounds of a nations talent? I think not

Last edited:

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Got em? really now... The US took the wjhc fair and square an excellent effort by that team and you cannot take that away from them, however please do not bring up the U17s when the US played the Province of Ontario not Canada and that CHL playoffs garbage is a valid argument, that U18 team was missing Jeff Skinner
Tyler Seguin
Mark Pysyk
Brandon Gormley
Jaden Schwartz
Sean Couturier
Brad Ross
Ryan Johansen
Troy Rutkowski
Tyler Toffoli
Ryan Murphy
Brendan Gallagher
Devante Smith-Pelly
to name a few, you cannot tell me american fans would not argue had they been missing players of that caliber. You mention a tournament is a tournament, that is true but if it is not best on best should that tournament be seen as legitimate judging grounds of a nations talent? I think not

i dont care, all canada does is make execuses.. when the lose tournaments they call them terrible..i cant wait till russia wins the WC's and then Canada makes execuses.. im glad you didnt have all those players... it makes it easier for America to win.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
and honestly, for myself. The team that there is the team i root for. You dont see me complaining that people are hurt for the WC's or dont wanna come. And im glad as an American fan that i dont lose players to the CHL playoffs. . im glad we get to showcase our best talent.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
So if at the world juniors the U.S. had been missing Chris Kreider, John Carlson, Jerry D'Amigo ,Jordan Schroeder and Cam Folwer and we had won the tournament you can say that no american fan would come on here and argue if you had those players you would have one? Give me a break. You make a valid point about the team that is being there being the one you root for and i commend you for doing so but when people use tournaments such as the WC's and The U18's as a measure of the better hockey nation it is just plain ludicrous

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
So if at the world juniors the U.S. had been missing Chris Kreider, John Carlson, Jerry D'Amigo ,Jordan Schroeder and Cam Folwer and we had won the tournament you can say that no american fan would come on here and argue if you had those players you would have one? Give me a break.

Myself personally, no. I would have said we need secondary scoring to pickup from Palmieri, Stepan, Zucker and Mcrae.

And haha, im sorry if i offended you. Im just in a bad mood. OBVIOUSLY, we would complain, but its not like since you didnt have those players we autimatically won gold.. no matter what tourny, the team has to take care of buisness. Like Boston/Philly, Flyers are missing Carter, Gagne (game 1-3) Lappy, Emery, Leighton. Pretty important core there, but the Flyers arent giving away the games.. they made the bruins earn the 3-1 lead so far.. if you get understand, if you win a tournament, no matter what skill level or roster your up against.. you should be able to celebrate it!

NYRangers1259

Oct 29, 2009
So if at the world juniors the U.S. had been missing Chris Kreider, John Carlson, Jerry D'Amigo ,Jordan Schroeder and Cam Folwer and we had won the tournament you can say that no american fan would come on here and argue if you had those players you would have one? Give me a break.

We wouldnt be arguing because the roster that is put out is the roster for that team. Its kind of hard to describe but, what im trying to say is that, too bad your guys couldnt play, there are rules there, and you had the best roster out you can get. US won gold fair so stop complaining about it. What is it with all these canadians comenting on the USA AT THE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FORUM anyway.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
And yea just let me learn some hockey because i dont watch any games. How about you watch some Americans play not named Jack Johnson or Keith Yandle.

You don't even know what you're saying. I'm frustrated? frustrated that we lost the U17 championship an invitational thats set up by provinces. You actually think the u17 is real tournament like the U20 or u18.
Every point you made now has been stupid. You're just throwing whatever you can to try to fend me off.

i dont care, all canada does is make execuses.. when the lose tournaments they call them terrible..i cant wait till russia wins the WC's and then Canada makes execuses.. im glad you didnt have all those players... it makes it easier for America to win.
I wouldn't need to worry about what you have to say, Canadians watch American hockey players play in the NHL. It's safe to say, more Canadians here know more about Team USA than you do.

Sounds like to me you're a fresh bunny on the USA bandwagon, which explains your relentless Canada bashing, and convenient points to take away from the US topic we should be discussing about their average defense.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
No you certainly did not offend me I was just playing devils advocate on you comment about the junior tournaments. I hold dual citizenship and celebrate the growth of the game in all nations including the U.S. I enjoy watching prospects grow regardless of nation but sometimes national pride gets in the way. Simply by observing the U.S. olympic roster and by their success at the junior level it is not hard to tell how beneficial the NTDP has been for their program. The U.S. is becoming a hockey factory as of late almost on the level of Canada which is quite impressive. It is great to see the youth that is represented by the two north american teams in this tournament I did not mean to cause a pissing match between nations I was just pointing out some inconsistencies in your comments

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
You don't even know what you're saying. I'm frustrated? frustrated that we lost the U17 championship an invitational thats set up by provinces. You actually think the u17 is real tournament like the U20 or u18.
Every point you made now has been stupid. You're just throwing whatever you can to try to fend me off.

I wouldn't need to worry about what you have to say, Canadians watch American hockey players play in the NHL. It's safe to say, more Canadians here know more about Team USA than you do.

Sounds like to me you're a fresh bunny on the USA bandwagon, which explains your relentless Canada bashing, and convenient points to take away from the US topic we should be discussing about their average defense.

Sir, Honestly? Every tournament is real! And oh yea, you really know more about Team USA than myself. All you know how to do is bash USA. And actually ive been on the USA bandwagon for quite sometime.. Since i was 12, World cup of Hockey 96? Yea. And how about you go on Canada's forum and talk about YOUR AVERAGE DEFENSE. God, sometimes I ask myself, Why do i go on these forums? Other teams fans have no respect for your team.

NYRangers1259

Oct 29, 2009

Michael -20 DZ, Tyler Turnover Myers. Bad Beuchamin, Gumptious Giordano, Sucky Staal. Man get a life. Get off the usa boards you canadian scum.

And i have an OT point to make. How many NHL franchises are there in the us?-24.. How many in Canada?-6..

You may have created the game, but Americans perfected it.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
No you certainly did not offend me I was just playing devils advocate on you comment about the junior tournaments. I hold dual citizenship and celebrate the growth of the game in all nations including the U.S. I enjoy watching prospects grow regardless of nation but sometimes national pride gets in the way. Simply by observing the U.S. olympic roster and by their success at the junior level it is not hard to tell how beneficial the NTDP has been for their program. The U.S. is becoming a hockey factory as of late almost on the level of Canada which is quite impressive. It is great to see the youth that is represented by the two north american teams in this tournament I did not mean to cause a pissing match between nations I was just pointing out some inconsistencies in your comments

1) im frusturated over a bad offensive showing of Team USA's offense against Germany.
2) Canadians coming on this page telling Americans how terrible this roster is

Maybe you should teach your other buddy to post with some respect to another nation on THERE FORUM..

To the other guy, you can go on Team Canada's forum and say how bad America is... but dont say how bad they are on here. Should be a unwritten rule. I dont Think Americans who care about this tournament, care about your opinion on there defense. Maybe your Canadian friends do though.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
Yeah, lets get back to the topic and talk about this average core of Americans that are no better or no worse than Canada's average, young and unproven players.

We have a good crop of whatever left overs we could get, same with the US, but seriously the US team is not best in the tourney on paper or so far as they've showed.

They are going to have a hard time with top 7-10 IHFF ranked teams that even are skeleton in an Olympic year.

The Russians and definitely the Swedes have a better defense than the U.S. Have you seen Swedens defence. It's good.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
As ive stated before, America's offense is BRUTAL.. Its not a good sign when Dubinsky, Okposo is leading your offense.. But i still am a firm believer in 5th/6th defenseman of Jack Hillen, Mike Lundin.

D 3 Oliver Ekman-Larsson Leksands IF (Swe2)
D 5 Christian Bäckman Frölunda HC
D 6 Magnus Johansson (C) Linköpings HC
D 11 Calle Gunnarsson Toronto Maple Leafs
D 65 Erik Karlsson Ottawa Senators
D 77 Victor Hedman

Talk about YOUNG UNPROVEN DEFENSEMEN.

D 5 Ilya Nikulin Ak Bars Kazan
D 7 Dmitriy Kalinin Salavat Yulayev Ufa
D 22 Konstantin Korneyev CSKA Moscow
D 27 Vitaliy Atyushov Metallurg Magnitogorsk
D 37 Denis Grebeshkov Nashville Predators
D 43 Dmitriy Kulikov Florida Panthers
D 74 Alexei Yemelin Ak Bars Kazan

Not bad for Russia. But It would be better if they had more players who had NHL expierience.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Since this is the WC board I thought I would make a comment on the U.S. roster..After observing this roster it is clear that they are missing NHL star power but it is also clear they are not lacking heart and grit. Sometimes these elements are just as important in a short tournament such as this. As mentioned the D does seem solid as opposed to other nations and with the recent elimination of Detroit it is possible that they may be getting some help in the form of Jimmy Howard. I look forward to seeing how the americans develop as a team and hope to see a repeat of the olympic finals.. Cheers

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
Michael -20 DZ, Tyler Turnover Myers. Bad Beuchamin, Gumptious Giordano, Sucky Staal. Man get a life. Get off the usa boards you canadian scum.

And i have an OT point to make. How many NHL franchises are there in the us?-24.. How many in Canada?-6..

You may have created the game, but Americans perfected it.
I didn't make this about Canada, you made it about Canada and all your posts have been garbage, like this one here. I'm talking about the US, you're bashing Canada.
Rofl!

Maybe you should teach your other buddy to post with some respect to another nation on THERE FORUM..

To the other guy, you can go on Team Canada's forum and say how bad America is... but dont say how bad they are on here. Should be a unwritten rule. I dont Think Americans who care about this tournament, care about your opinion on there defense. Maybe your Canadian friends do though.
Maybe you should have stuck to the topic at hand, and not jumped all over the gun and stop mocking me because you thought I was coming here to bash American because I'm Canadian.

I said the US doesn't have the best defense, we're talking about it in an American thread. You're just *****ing sour grapes, because you can't discuss it. You don't even realize that I know we have a sucky players on Canada. Whatever, dude! You'll see once the tournament is in it's second weak, the team is not the best defense out there.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I didn't make this about Canada, you made it about Canada and all your posts have been garbage, like this one here. I'm talking about the US, you're bashing Canada.
Rofl!

Maybe you should have stuck to the topic at hand, and not jumped all over the gun and stop mocking me because you thought I was coming here to bash American because I'm Canadian.

I said the US doesn't have the best defense, we're talking about it in an American thread. You're just *****ing sour grapes, because you can't discuss it. You don't even realize that I know we have a sucky players on Canada. Whatever, dude! You'll see once the tournament is in it's second weak, the team is not the best defense out there.

I also know youve made valid points on America. All im saying is, when someone says something negative on your team. You defend your team and then you make fun of there team.. If a russian fan came in here, id say how bad they played in the olympics against canada. You punch America, we punch back.. But you do have a point, lets talk about America, not pollute it with other countries. I still disagree on Americas defense though lol.. We will see though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad