WC: USA at the 2010 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
good on Jack Johnson for always answering the bell...

shouldn't there be more Sabres? or do they all have a broken fingernail or something

I doubt they were asked after not only a medicore playoff performance this year but almost to a man collectively saying no to Burke last year at the World Championships. My guess as long as Burke is in charge they won't ever get the opportunity to represent the U.S.

Quakmybush

Mar 12, 2009
Niagara Falls
Full team has been released for you guys.

It is not very good, good luck all the same

Goalies
Ben Bishop
Scott Clemmensen
David Leggio

Defensemen
Taylor Chorney
Matt Gilroy
Andy Greene
Matt Greene
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson
Mike Lundin
Keith Yandle

Forwards
Ryan Carter
Brandon Dubinsky
Nick Foligno
TJ Galiardi
Christian Hanson
Tim Kennedy
Chris Kreider
David Moss
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Okposo
TJ Oshie
Ryan Potulny

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Goalies
Ben Bishop
Scott Clemmensen
David Leggio

Defensemen
Taylor Chorney
Matt Gilroy
Andy Greene
Matt Greene
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson
Mike Lundin
Keith Yandle

Forwards
Ryan Carter
Brandon Dubinsky
Nick Foligno
TJ Galiardi
Christian Hanson
Tim Kennedy
Chris Kreider
David Moss
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Okposo
TJ Oshie
Ryan Potulny

Thanks buddy! http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=TU_01_03&id=286482

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
We still have room for 2 more players, most likely forwards.

One thing is for certain, if Clemmer falters, and/or Oshie, Okposo, Dubi, Johnson, Yandle and Greene don't bring consistent offense, we're screwed.

This is a great chance though for some of these guys to continue to develop and I hope they take advantage of it.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

Goalies
Ben Bishop
Scott Clemmensen
David Leggio

Defensemen
Taylor Chorney
Matt Gilroy
Andy Greene
Matt Greene
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson
Mike Lundin
Keith Yandle

Forwards
Ryan Carter
Brandon Dubinsky
Nick Foligno
TJ Galiardi
Christian Hanson
Tim Kennedy
Chris Kreider
David Moss
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Okposo
TJ Oshie
Ryan Potulny

I think the team is fine.... atleast for this tourny

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Looks like I called it. We even got the AHL/NCAA/Europe group I was anticipating with Bishop, Kreider and Leggio.

Ironically enough, the defense has ended up the strongest part of the team (on paper). The best part of this in my eyes is a chance to see how Yandle and Andy Greene do. There were a lot of people who wanted them on the Olympic team and they may well have been there if not for the drug testing issue. This is thier first audition for the next best on best as I see it.

The forwards... well, at least we can play a tight defensive game. I don't really know who's going to score the goals though (Jack Johnson?). I'm very surprised to see Kreider there. He's got a lot of potential but I think he's too raw at this point to play at the men's level. It'd be interesting to know what thier idea is with that (and I hope it's something more than "experience").

The good news is that most of the rest of the field is pretty weak. The Canadians (as always) and the Russians (they love this tournament... they can actually win) seem to be the only real exceptions at this point.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Goalies
Ben Bishop
Scott Clemmensen
David Leggio

Defensemen
Taylor Chorney
Matt Gilroy
Andy Greene
Matt Greene
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson
Mike Lundin
Keith Yandle

Forwards
Ryan Carter
Brandon Dubinsky
Nick Foligno
TJ Galiardi
Christian Hanson
Tim Kennedy
Chris Kreider
David Moss
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Okposo
TJ Oshie
Ryan Potulny

Thoughts:

--No Esche seems surprising. Miller, Anderson, and Quick are likely all fatigued having been workhorses for their teams, so I don't blame them for not playing
--No Paul Martin sucks. But Yandle, Johnson, Greene, and Greene give us a solid top 4 which will be leaned on
--Forwards are extremely young. Looks more like Burke wanted to give new blood some experience, which may not be a bad thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Colin Wilson is added--was on the team last year and got knocked out in the 1st round.
--I have no idea who will be captain. My guess would be Johnson.

Line possibilities:

Foligno-Dubinsky-Okposo
Galiardi-Oshie-Potulny
Kennedy-Carter-Nystrom
Moss-Kreider-Hanson

Johnson-Yandle
Greene-Greene
Hillen-Lundin
Gilroy-Chorney

Clemmensen
Bishop
Leggio

I will admit I know next to nothing about Potunly, Moss, and Nystrom, so flip them as necessary. The fact there is only one RW on the roster definitely makes things a bit tougher.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thoughts:

--No Esche seems surprising. Miller, Anderson, and Quick are likely all fatigued having been workhorses for their teams, so I don't blame them for not playing
--No Paul Martin sucks. But Yandle, Johnson, Greene, and Greene give us a solid top 4 which will be leaned on
--Forwards are extremely young. Looks more like Burke wanted to give new blood some experience, which may not be a bad thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Colin Wilson is added--was on the team last year and got knocked out in the 1st round.

Line possibilities:

Foligno-Dubinsky-Okposo
Galiardi-Oshie-Potulny
Kennedy-Carter-Nystrom
Moss-Kreider-Hanson

Johnson-Yandle
Greene-Greene
Hillen-Lundin
Gilroy-Chorney

Clemmensen
Bishop
Leggio

I will admit I know next to nothing about Potunly, Moss, and Nystrom, so flip them as necessary. The fact there is only one RW on the roster definitely makes things a bit tougher.

The team is so young and I totally forgot about Captains. I could see Johnson getting the C as well since he pretty much has more service and seniority with USA hockey than anyone else on the roster even though he's only 23. Both Greene's could get the C or definitely A's. And Okposo could also get an A.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Guys like Dubinsky, Oshie, and Okposo are really going to need to take their play up a level from the NHL regular season (where all three were good but not great) for this team to have any sort of offense. The rest of the players are lunchpail types, which isn't such a big deal if the defense and goaltending are sound. Clemmensen can be good, and the defense looks solid, if not exciting-so we'll see how things pan out. One thing to our advantage is a fairly favorable group. I don't think you'll see any cakewalks with this squad, but the quarterfinals is within reach, and after that-who knows?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looks like I called it. We even got the AHL/NCAA/Europe group I was anticipating with Bishop, Kreider and Leggio.

Ironically enough, the defense has ended up the strongest part of the team (on paper). The best part of this in my eyes is a chance to see how Yandle and Andy Greene do. There were a lot of people who wanted them on the Olympic team and they may well have been there if not for the drug testing issue. This is thier first audition for the next best on best as I see it.

The forwards... well, at least we can play a tight defensive game. I don't really know who's going to score the goals though (Jack Johnson?). I'm very surprised to see Kreider there. He's got a lot of potential but I think he's too raw at this point to play at the men's level. It'd be interesting to know what thier idea is with that (and I hope it's something more than "experience").

The good news is that most of the rest of the field is pretty weak. The Canadians (as always) and the Russians (they love this tournament... they can actually win) seem to be the only real exceptions at this point.

The same was said about Colin Wilson last year, and he played himself into a regular shift. I'm not saying Kreider can or will do the same, but the precedent is set.

Cermi

Mar 6, 2008

Goalies
Ben Bishop
Scott Clemmensen
David Leggio

Defensemen
Taylor Chorney
Matt Gilroy
Andy Greene
Matt Greene
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson
Mike Lundin
Keith Yandle

Forwards
Ryan Carter
Brandon Dubinsky
Nick Foligno
TJ Galiardi
Christian Hanson
Tim Kennedy
Chris Kreider
David Moss
Eric Nystrom
Kyle Okposo
TJ Oshie
Ryan Potulny

What is this? AHL team?

Cermi

Mar 6, 2008
Guys like Dubinsky, Oshie, and Okposo are really going to need to take their play up a level from the NHL regular season (where all three were good but not great) for this team to have any sort of offense. The rest of the players are lunchpail types, which isn't such a big deal if the defense and goaltending are sound. Clemmensen can be good, and the defense looks solid, if not exciting-so we'll see how things pan out. One thing to our advantage is a fairly favorable group. I don't think you'll see any cakewalks with this squad, but the quarterfinals is within reach, and after that-who knows?

I think that they might step up if they receive more ice time and more responsibility.

by the way, I wouldnt be surprised if Kreider played in the top6 by the end of the tourney, mostly because of his unbelievable speed. I believe that those who havent seen him yet will be surprised how quick he is.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The same was said about Colin Wilson last year, and he played himself into a regular shift. I'm not saying Kreider can or will do the same, but the precedent is set.

I think the biggest reason for Kreider is his elite level skating. He can at least keep up with the play and will probably provide a little more consistent offensive pressure with his speed on the big ice, more so than Wilson did last year. He also has good size and doesn't shy away from the physical play.

From Massachusetts HS hockey to the World Championships in a year. Crazy.

NYRangers1259

Oct 29, 2009
I think the biggest reason for Kreider is his elite level skating. He can at least keep up with the play and will probably provide a little more consistent offensive pressure with his speed on the big ice, more so than Wilson did last year. He also has good size and doesn't shy away from the physical play.

From Massachusetts HS hockey to the World Championships in a year. Crazy.

Cant wait to see him play. Looks like he is gonna be the real deal. Looks like we will see what hes got in this tourney not playin against kids his own age

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
The additions of Johnson, both Greene's and Yandle really solidifies our D. The offense looks extremely weak though.

We have a solid Top 4 on defense and frankly I don't anticipate Gilroy or Chorney getting much ice time.

I like the addition of Kreider to this team. I think he has the potential to serve as a Top 6 forward on this team. We're going to need it because I don't know where else the goals will come from. Okposo, Dubinsky, and Oshie will looked upon to be the primary goal scorers. Galiardi, Kennedy, and Moss are potentially secondary scorers. Moss did score 20 with Calgary a year ago, so he can get it done if he's teamed with a skilled, playmaking center.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
im giving... Jack johnson (C)... Okposo(A)....Matt Greene (A)

The only other players I'd consider at this point would be Oshie or Nystrom.

Jack deserves at least an A but I'd give him the C for his dedication to USA Hockey, not to mention his play when he represents the team.

Greene is a great veteran presence and a great locker room guy and vocal leader. If Johnson doesn't get the C, it should be Greene. Either way, both these two should be locks for letters.

The other A would be between Okposo, Oshie and Nystrom for me. Okposo and Oshie as lead by example types, young guys that will probably be involved with our national teams for the duration of their careers. Nystrom because he's always been a leader.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Thoughts:

Line possibilities:

Foligno-Dubinsky-Okposo
Galiardi-Oshie-Potulny
Kennedy-Carter-Nystrom
Moss-Kreider-Hanson

Johnson-Yandle
Greene-Greene
Hillen-Lundin
Gilroy-Chorney

Clemmensen
Bishop
Leggio

I'd imagine Kreider will be getting top 6 minutes, no other point in inviting him if he won't be in a scoring role.

Cermi

Mar 6, 2008
I'd imagine Kreider will be getting top 6 minutes, no other point in inviting him if he won't be in a scoring role.

Plus Kreider is a winger (left I guess). He may start on the third line but imo he'll move up. I hope that he will get some time with Dubi and they will have some chemistry, because that would be great for the years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad