Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Even though true, sometimes you just run into a tournament that goes your way.

I think Sabalenka has the women's side wrapped up unless she goes crazy in a match on her serve and double faults herself out of the tournament. I think everyone has been waiting for Zverev to finally to win the big one but man does he just play himself out of matches. Had no excuse losing the AO match to Meddy this year, I think he would've beaten Sinner if he got there too.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think Sabalenka has the women's side wrapped up unless she goes crazy in a match on her serve and double faults herself out of the tournament. I think everyone has been waiting for Zverev to finally to win the big one but man does he just play himself out of matches. Had no excuse losing the AO match to Meddy this year, I think he would've beaten Sinner if he got there too.
Yeah, there's the rub. For Zverev to win a GS is the equivalent of a leopard changing his spots. He needs to show that he can overcome the psychological barriers that have limited him so dramatically and so consistently in his career. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
All Canadians in action today. I think Diallo has a decent shot for his first GS MD win against Munar. Everyone else with tough/tight matchups.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Mensik is a tough draw for anyone this early especially with a player who hits peaks and valleys as hard as FAA does ever since his incredible rise to the top 10 a couple of years back

Reactions: kihei and Tuggy

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Such a disheartening performance by Felix who looked like yesterday's news against Mensik who played great, opportunistic tennis. Jakub looks capable of having the future we all thought Felix was going to have.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What an awful end it looks like to Collins's career. The mid year injury derailed her badly or whatever it was.

Such a disheartening performance by Felix who looked like yesterday's news against Mensik who played great, opportunistic tennis. Jakub looks capable of having the future we all thought Felix was going to have.

Big fan of Mensik, I think there's a top 10 player in him

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Osaka makes a fashion statement with a big pea-soup green bow on the back of her warm-up jacket.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Fun, but hot day yesterday, crowds are ridiculous. One positive, they let people in after every game now, so no waiting 3 games before being allowed in at the beginning of a set.

Watched all of Bublik and Zheng, Bublik just a clown at points, shame, talent is there. Zheng looks like he is still hurt, wouldn’t expect a deep run for him, however, the talent is obviously there.

Watched all of Rune, Nakashima deserved it because he just kept the ball in play all day, while being great on break points. Rune was yelling at his Mom all match, and she left by the third set. Felt bad for Kenneth Carlson taking the brunt of it, but at least he’s getting paid.

Watched most of Mpetshi-Perricard, who was dreadful, great serve, but he has nothing else in his game. He should honestly reach out to Isner to see if he could work with him this offseason for a few weeks. He’s always going to be a serve bot, but right now, the rest of his game is unplayable.

Ended with Tiafoe, which had an excellent crowd, biggest crowd I have ever seen on Louis Armstrong, some really nice shot making from both.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Haven't seen her in a while, but what happened to Ostapenko? She looks... bigger.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fun, but hot day yesterday, crowds are ridiculous. One positive, they let people in after every game now, so no waiting 3 games before being allowed in at the beginning of a set.

Watched all of Bublik and Zheng, Bublik just a clown at points, shame, talent is there. Zheng looks like he is still hurt, wouldn’t expect a deep run for him, however, the talent is obviously there.

Watched all of Rune, Nakashima deserved it because he just kept the ball in play all day, while being great on break points. Rune was yelling at his Mom all match, and she left by the third set. Felt bad for Kenneth Carlson taking the brunt of it, but at least he’s getting paid.

Watched most of Mpetshi-Perricard, who was dreadful, great serve, but he has nothing else in his game. He should honestly reach out to Isner to see if he could work with him this offseason for a few weeks. He’s always going to be a serve bot, but right now, the rest of his game is unplayable.

Ended with Tiafoe, which had an excellent crowd, biggest crowd I have ever seen on Louis Armstrong, some really nice shot making from both.

Going next Monday for the Rof16, I expect it to be a zoo lol. Gonna try to get there early and get a few Honey Deuce drinks before the madness starts :laugh:

Haven't seen her in a while, but what happened to Ostapenko? She looks... bigger.

Gonna assume it happened during covid, like most of us, lol.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Osaka looked real good against Ostapenko, like contender good.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kokkinakis pulls off one of the more predictable upsets in recent memory with a four set win over Tsitsipas.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Is FAA pursuing a career as an amateur?

"Jannik Sinner booed mercifully at US Open after PED scandal"

He was booed mercifully, not mercilessly. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad