Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Korda continues to be so disappointing. How is he 16 in the world? Seems like he should be ranked 10 spots higher due to his talent, but he always gets injured or hits terrible form and loses matches he shouldn’t. Never can sustain more than a month or two of positive play.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It sure looks like it's no fun to play Machac. Korda had a miserable day against the wrong guy and is gone in straight sets. Yet another disappointing result for a player who continues to underachieve.

Korda continues to be so disappointing. How is he 16 in the world? Seems like he should be ranked 10 spots higher due to his talent, but he always gets injured or hits terrible form and loses matches he shouldn’t. Never can sustain more than a month or two of positive play.
He's like a Maserati with no engine.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What's with Jordan Thompson lately? He's playing the best tennis of his life and knocks off Hurkacz in straight sets.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Michelsen is schooled by Sinner in straight sets. Mickelsen kept coming to the net behind weak approach shots and paying the price time after time. Crowd response to Sinner has been very positive so far.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Swiatek dismantles Shibahara love and 1. Basically an extended work out against a game but overmatched player. Iga looked pretty damn good, though.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Diallo takes the first set from Fils! :eek2:

He now has taken the third set, too. :devdance:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Think he hurt himself mid match with his elbow but it's beyond comical that he blew a set up 40-0 while up a break and then blew a 4-1 lead in the 3rd set to get 3-0'd by Machac. And I think Machac is better player than people give credit for but that's insanely bad after the hard court summer Korda had winning Washington and then beating Zverev in Cincy.

What's with Jordan Thompson lately? He's playing the best tennis of his life and knocks off Hurkacz in straight sets.

He's a very good hard court player from what I've noticed. The Aussies having a good day besides whatever happened to Kokkinakis v Borges lol

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Michelsen is schooled by Sinner in straight sets. Mickelsen kept coming to the net behind weak approach shots and paying the price time after time. Crowd response to Sinner has been very positive so far.
He started okay. The first set he kept it close, but completely unraveled after that. Jannik looked beatable for the second match in a row. Probably a year or two too early for Michelsen to contend with a top player. The potential fourth round match with Paul might be the first one to start testing Jannik's mental strength right now.

Anyone else find Pegula boring to watch?
She's boring, but very effective. Lacks the big serve or a very exuberant game or outward emoting on the court, but has a pretty complete game otherwise.

I like her chances for this to potentially be the slam she gets over the hurdle and gets her first victory. Been playing well in recent tournaments.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Muchova is such an easy player to like. She looked great knocking off Osaka tonight in straight sets behind shot-making, especially on the volley, that was often breathtaking.

Reactions: Jack Straw

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Carlos in a night match in the Big Apple. What could be a better way to spend an evening? Admittedly, the charisma quotient in this one is about as one-sided as it can get.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Carlos in a night match in the Big Apple. What could be a better way to spend an evening? Admittedly, the charisma quotient in this one is about as one-sided as it can get.

Slow start from Carlos could make it interesting.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Wow. Boltic played out of his mind, but Carlitos looked anything but sharp. Some serious problem-solving needed and fast.

Zero winners and 8 unforced errors for Alcaraz in the first set.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Timing under the lights can be a very tricky thing. Contributed to Borg being knocked out of the Open a couple of times. (He never won the US Open).

Botiic breaks again from 2-1 in the second. Time to press the panic button?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Alcaraz plays a much better set, but he can't shake Botic who breaks late and serves it out. I have never seen van de Zandschulp move with the quickness that he is showing tonight--his net movement, especially, has been extraordinary.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
First break in the third to Botic....but can't convert, double faulting on game point. Shift in momentum?

4-all and anything can happen now....and it does--Botic serves for the match. And he holds at love.

Well, Ollie, what a fine kettle of fish this is.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad