Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He wallops the ball off the ground too and moves very well. He's also 5-6 years younger than those guys, so has a lot more runway to improve. The time is now for Fritz and Paul in the next 3-5 years, and they aren't even ranked in the top 10.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think he has the most potential of the current younger generation in the sport under 25 other than Alcaraz and Sinner. And I don't think that's overly controversial. I could be wrong.

I like Shelton a lot as a player, he's a fun watch but he lacks a lot of fundamentals imo. If I can compare to hockey, it's like Patrik Laine, he has the shot and pretty much that's it, that's Shelton with his serve in a nutshell. It also doesn't help he wasn't drilled to play tennis like most of these guys have.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Tsistsipas' parents situation is such an incredible contrast with Ben Shelton's parents situation so low key and positive in comparison. Plus, they all look like they really like one another.

If you are looking for a dark horse on the women's side, Zheng might be worth checking out.
I really like Zheng's game.

Reactions: kihei

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nakishima through the fourth round with a terrific, highly entertaining win over Musetti in four tough sets. Brandon's game seems to have improved in leaps and bounds in the past year as has his nerve management.
Hitting the ball bigger now. Has a delightful backhand, and a good mover. He stalled out last year, but was in large part because he struggled with injuries. Was making progress prior to that.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
On his fourth break point opportunity, Alexei breaks for 3-2. Long way to go

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That break makes Popyrin's pressure problem (he really hasn't had one once this set got rolling) moot, or nearly so, 5-2

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That break makes Popyrin's pressure problem (he really hasn't had one once this set got rolling) moot, or nearly so. 5-2

Call me crazy but I think Popyrin has a better chance ending this on Nole's serve than his own.

So f***ing good by Popyrin down 0-40

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Right on schedule, one of the breaks is gone, 5-3.

Nole will never forgive himself if he doesn't hold here.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Delicious. Can Popyrin serve it out? He does with ease.

I didn't think he would regain his nerve and play that well in the fourth set, but he proved me wrong.

This US Open suddenly feels like something very different than what I've previously experienced, a new beast, and we are not even in the fourth round yet.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Djokovic and Alcaraz out before the round of 16...no way in hell did I think that was possible.

Well deserved for Popyrin, but brutal serving from Djokovic.

Reactions: kihei

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad