NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Reed Duthie or we riot

I spoke to Reed last night and can tell you he finally submitted his demo to NESN.

I know over the past couple of seasons Jack Edwards has been a mentor and advisor to Reed and has told him he would support him in any way he can. I'm sure that in Reed's package to NESN, there was a letter from Jack Edwards included.

Problem we all see: NESN is unlikely to hire a Canadian.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I spoke to Reed last night and can tell you he finally submitted his demo to NESN.

I know over the past couple of seasons Jack Edwards has been a mentor and advisor to Reed and has told him he would support him in any way he can. I'm sure that in Reed's package to NESN, there was a letter from Jack Edwards included.

Problem we all see: NESN is unlikely to hire a Canadian.
Very happy to hear everything but the last sentence.

I think Duthie is one of the best out there. Great voice. Great eye for the game. Knows his hockey and has natural charisma. He’s got it all.

I think it’s awesome that Jack is supportive of him. I hope they can leave that Canadian bias aside when it comes to decision-making.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Very happy to hear everything but the last sentence.

I think Duthie is one of the best out there. Great voice. Great eye for the game. Knows his hockey and has natural charisma. He’s got it all.

I think it’s awesome that Jack is supportive of him. I hope they can leave that Canadian bias aside when it comes to decision-making.

I'm sure Reed will get an NHL job soon. Michael Andlauer owns the Senators and the Bulldogs and Reed is on his payroll.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dave Goucher, who called Bruins games on the radio for 17 years before leaving to become the Vegas Golden Knights’ TV voice in their inaugural 2017-18 season, told me Wednesday that he is remaining in his current gig. The Bruins had reached out to Goucher about the NESN position, and he said he was “flattered” by the consideration, but he and his wife have decided to remain in Las Vegas.

John Forslund is another name high on many Bruins fans’ wish lists as a successor to Jack Edwards. Forslund, the television play-by-play voice of the Seattle Kraken, is a Springfield native whose many ties to this region include calling Hartford Whalers games on SportsChannel New England in the 1990s. He also has an extensive national profile, including play-by-play work for TNT since 2022.

Forslund told me Friday that he has not heard from NESN about the opening.

“Any time an NHL team wants your services it’s quite a compliment,” he said. “With that being said, NESN has not reached out. I’m currently under contract with Seattle and enjoying my time with the Kraken.”

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well there’s always our stellar public transportation system :sarcasm:
1717864305327.png

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Dave Goucher, who called Bruins games on the radio for 17 years before leaving to become the Vegas Golden Knights’ TV voice in their inaugural 2017-18 season, told me Wednesday that he is remaining in his current gig. The Bruins had reached out to Goucher about the NESN position, and he said he was “flattered” by the consideration, but he and his wife have decided to remain in Las Vegas.

John Forslund is another name high on many Bruins fans’ wish lists as a successor to Jack Edwards. Forslund, the television play-by-play voice of the Seattle Kraken, is a Springfield native whose many ties to this region include calling Hartford Whalers games on SportsChannel New England in the 1990s. He also has an extensive national profile, including play-by-play work for TNT since 2022.

“Any time an NHL team wants your services it’s quite a compliment,” he said. “With that being said, NESN has not reached out. I’m currently under contract with Seattle and enjoying my time with the Kraken.”
Do you think they’ll contact Forslund about the job? I had read that he was supposedly staying in Seattle as they move to OTA/Amazon Prime next season.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Do you think they’ll contact Forslund about the job? I had read that he was supposedly staying in Seattle as they move to OTA/Amazon Prime next season.
:dunno:

2 names to watch

Josh is now employed by NESN who runs Pens TV
1717902273171.png

Matt McConnell is the former Coyotes announcer

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I believe NESN thought Goucher would return and now :huh:

Here is how I handicap it on 6/9

Alex Faust 3-1
Mike Monaco 3-1
Judd Sirott 3-1
Josh Getzoff 4-1
Dan Robertson 5-1
Matt McConnell 6-1
Leah Hextall 10-1

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Alex Faust 3-1
Mike Monaco 3-1
Judd Sirott 3-1
Josh Getzoff 4-1
Dan Robertson 5-1
Matt McConnell 6-1
Leah Hextall 10-1
Faust could be looking at the NYR job as Sam Rosen is 76.
Monaco wants a baseball gig.
Moving Judd to TV might be the safe play.
Getzoff is employed by NESN to do Pens games.
Robertson currently does Winnpeg.
McConnell was the Coyotes play-by-play person but Utah wants to start fresh.
Leah is a dark horse.......

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Alex Faust 3-1
Mike Monaco 3-1
Judd Sirott 3-1
Josh Getzoff 4-1
Dan Robertson 5-1
Matt McConnell 6-1
Leah Hextall 10-1

Faust and Sirott are the ones I like the most.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019

No offense, but sounded like there was never any negotiation, it was more like they asked, if Gaucher was interested, but said he was staying in Vegas.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Goucher simply did not want to deal with Boston traffic anymore - who can blame him.....
Wait ? Taxes, weather, now traffic ?

What about Eddie Shore, Bobby Orr, Patrice Bergeron ?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Faust could be looking at the NYR job as Sam Rosen is 76.
Monaco wants a baseball gig.
Moving Judd to TV might be the safe play.
Getzoff is employed by NESN to do Pens games.
Robertson currently does Winnpeg.
McConnell was the Coyotes play-by-play person but Utah wants to start fresh.
Leah is a dark horse.......
Leah Hextall knows better

Faust seems a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad