NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
further viewing material? maybe everyone here just needs to see me actually say "Boston Bruins" in a broadcast.

That's my full year of the 2022-2023 Boston Junior Bruins. And I paused it so you could see Charlie Coyle's old team, the South Shore Kings!

Former Junior Bruins player I had the pleasure of announcing was Collin Graf, the Quinnipiac player who tied the national championship game last season. He made his NHL debut with San Jose late in 23-24.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
I would have to go through the last 13 pages but has anyone mentioned Mike Monaco? He's pretty good at doing hockey IIRC. I guess NESN is just going to let him move on to better things in a different market like Goucher

Monaco needs to replace Dave O'Brien for sure but we all know that's not going to happen

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Is it a “narrative” if it’s true?

There are plenty of people here who have been following the bruins since before Jacobs bought the team, and they will tell you - almost to a man (or woman) - that Jacobs will take the cheaper option 999 times out of a thousand. I’m not as old as the boomer crowd here, but I’ve been watching the bruins long enough to agree with them.

It’s inexcusable that Dave Goucher isn’t coming back, and it’s pretty obvious to most of us as to why.
In fairness - and I am not inclined to be fair minded regarding the old man's motives - to my knowledge neither Dave or anyone else has indicated money is the reason he won't return to Boston.

If so, please post.

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
It means "Club de Hockey Canadien", or in English, "Canadien Hockey Club". Lots of people think Habitants but its Hockey.
what is the right way to say the team name? does it depend on whether you're speaking in English or French? is it like the nationality "Canadian" or is it cuh-nay-dee-enz?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
For what it's worth, I'm not saying the Bruins deserve blame here.

I think the Bruins have input as to who the new play-by-play guy will be, but I still think it's a NESN decision. NESN will sign the new guy's paycheck. His salary will come out of NESN's bank account.

And let's face it... when you watch telecasts from around the league, NESN is often weak in several key areas. There are huge differences between a NESN telecast and an MSG Network telecast, for example.
I'm actually curious, what are they?

I've understood that to be a subject of debate. I'm sure I'd read something about it before. I thought it was "C" for Canadiens and "H" for Habitants. or Hockey.
It means literally the inhabitants.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
yup, I totally get it.

the thing that has grabbed my attention most is the Richard Riot. I think that was a big black eye for that fan base.

The Richard Riot? Trust me, you don't have to go back to the fifties to find a black eye on that fanbase. Hell, those toilet seat wearing morons burned police cars and smashed things in the street for winning a single round of the playoffs (And it was only Round 1! Against the bottom seed!).

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Good Lord, I completely forgot about that. rioting is such a scum thing, especially over a sporting event.

One of my favorite conversations on this site was over this incident. A Habs fan (whom I actually respect) was trying to justify it with the excuse that "Boston has four teams, the Habs are all we have, so we take them very seriously". I told him "Stop. Nothing justifies burning cars, especially not a first round win. My team just won a first round series, and do you know what I did? I made a f***ing sandwich."

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Richard Riot? Trust me, you don't have to go back to the fifties to find a black eye on that fanbase. Hell, those toilet seat wearing morons burned police cars and smashed things in the street for winning a single round of the playoffs (And it was only Round 1! Against the bottom seed!).

One of my favorite conversations on this site was over this incident. A Habs fan (whom I actually respect) was trying to justify it with the excuse that "Boston has four teams, the Habs are all we have, so we take them very seriously". I told him "Stop. Nothing justifies burning cars, especially not a first round win. My team just won a first round series, and do you know what I did? I made a f***ing sandwich."
How about when Metallica frontman James Hetfield was severely burned in a pyrotechnics accident in 1992, and then G ‘N’ R douchebag Axl Rose decided he wasn’t going to perform at all that night to save the show in the aftermath? The concert was postponed and Montreal burned.

Reactions: jimmccabe40

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
How about when Metallica frontman James Hetfield was severely burned in a pyrotechnics accident in 1992, and then G ‘N’ R douchebag Axl Rose decided he wasn’t going to perform at all that night to save the show in the aftermath? The concert was postponed and Montreal burned.

They burned the city because Hetfield was burned? I guess irony is not their strong suit.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
what is the right way to say the team name? does it depend on whether you're speaking in English or French? is it like the nationality "Canadian" or is it cuh-nay-dee-enz?
Put in Montreal canadiens translation french. When you pronounce Canadiens in French it is pronounced Canadien without the s. So, les habitant Canadien

Habs = inhabitants (first French settlers in Quebec).

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Put in Montreal canadiens translation french. When you pronounce Canadians in French it is pronounced Canadian without the s. So, les habitant Canadian.

Habs = inhabitants (first French settlers in Quebec).

I like pronouncing the 'H' as 'Sc', as in Scabies, or Scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad