3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Any update on Dennis Arnold?!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94023

The next great player for Denmark?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=207002

I still haven't given up on Sebok.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=68942

Also that Duggans guy stats are pretty damn impressive, seriously needs to think about heading to Germany, Sweden, or Finland for junior hockey.

Duggan & GB U20 will be playing next week (9-15th) in Div 1B and the games are meant to be streamed. Hopefully he gets some ice time and we can see what he can do.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

No, he is not the next great player from Denmark, I'm pretty sure about that. He is an interesting prospect, but is probably around top10-15 in his birth year. See below quote for the most promising Danish prospects born 1997:

Players born in 1997:
Top prospects
Morten Jensen, Rögle (SWE) (D)
Nicolai Höjer Weichel, Malmö (SWE) (D), 2016 draft
Rasmus Thykjær Andersson, Malmö (SWE) (F)

Honorable mention
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, AaB (F), 2016 draft
Alexander True, Rungsted (F)
Nicklas Andersen, Esbjerg (F), 2016 draft
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre (D), 2016 draft

The full list covering birth year 1996-2000 can be seen in the Danish part of this forum.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I heard a rumor that Mathias Emilio-Pettersen was going to attend Shattuck St. Mary's. Is that true?
Yes I have heard that rumour float around as well, IMO we won't be sure until he actually joins the team.

Duggan & GB U20 will be playing next week (9-15th) in Div 1B and the games are meant to be streamed. Hopefully he gets some ice time and we can see what he can do.
All we need is Mr. Brown to join as well! :nod:

No, he is not the next great player from Denmark, I'm pretty sure about that. He is an interesting prospect, but is probably around top10-15 in his birth year. See below quote for the most promising Danish prospects born 1997:

The full list covering birth year 1996-2000 can be seen in the Danish part of this forum.
Thanks for the info! Would you say he is Denmark's biggest wildcard prospect?

Any German fans tell me the progess of Dennis Arnold?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yes I have heard that rumour float around as well, IMO we won't be sure until he actually joins the team.

All we need is Mr. Brown to join as well! :nod:

Thanks for the info! Would you say he is Denmark's biggest wildcard prospect?

Any German fans tell me the progess of Dennis Arnold?

I wish I could tell you something about Dennis, but since he left Frankfurt for Cologne, I have not been able to keep up with his development.

But based on his statistics I doubt he will turn into a legit prospect. He would need an amazing season next year to get noticed.
However I haven't seen him play and don't even know anyone who has.
When he was in Frankfurt, I knew a guy who occasionally watched him play, but that has changed now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wish I could tell you something about Dennis, but since he left Frankfurt for Cologne, I have not been able to keep up with his development.

But based on his statistics I doubt he will turn into a legit prospect. He would need an amazing season next year to get noticed.
However I haven't seen him play and don't even know anyone who has.
When he was in Frankfurt, I knew a guy who occasionally watched him play, but that has changed now.
Again thanks for the information Maverick, is there a new wave of any German prospects that are worth keeping tabs on?

Could be in just 3 years if they keep taking 15 year olds :laugh:
I thought he was already good enough to play in this tourney?! :sarcasm:;)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Again thanks for the information Maverick, is there a new wave of any German prospects that are worth keeping tabs on?

Well the most interesting prospects for the next couple of years seem to be Maximilian Gläßl, who plays in Finland and maybe Julian Napravnik.

A few other guys I have heard some good things about are:
Kai Wissmann
Marvin Neher
Jakob Mayenschein
Tobias Eder
Benjamin Beck
Yannik Valenti

Mind you some of these kids are still so young, that it is probably too early to talk about them. And just to be clear, I doubt that there is anyone among these kids who can even come close to a guy like Draisaitl and even Rieder or Kühnhackl seem to be in a different league.
Right now I feel like only Gläßl has a shot to be a legit NHL level prospect, but I would expect some of the others to turn into pretty good hockey players, by German standards at least.

I am really curious how the German team will do at the next U18 WJC, and if maybe some kid emerges during that tournament.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Frankly its good that there are players from non traditonal countries being developed. I would love to see the NHL, CHL and IIHF cooperate more. having games in Germany, Spain,France,China. imagine that in a 100 years 30 or more countries become relevant in International Hockey will do soo much good for the game itself.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Frankly its good that there are players from non traditonal countries being developed. I would love to see the NHL, CHL and IIHF cooperate more. having games in Germany, Spain,France,China. imagine that in a 100 years 30 or more countries become relevant in International Hockey will do soo much good for the game itself.

For me, I want to see the KHL try expanding all over Europe. Mostly because the owners in the KHL are stinky rich and can sink loads of money on developing home growns, and getting resources to kids who never had the resources before.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Is his 2013/14 stat line correct?

12 goals and 8 assists in 3 games, for a 15 year-old playing in a U18 league? Yikes!

No offence to UK hockey, but he appears to have outgrown his domestic competition. This kid needs to be in a league where his talent can be properly assessed. Anyone know his plans?

I see one of his older brothers played with Shattuck's. Maybe he'll do likewise.

Isn't that just the norm for UK hockey? Maybe less so nowadays, but I'm always reminded of Tony Hand when seeing crazy production like this. Hand put up Gretzky-like numbers in about half the number of games. Back in the 80'ies scores from the UK would often be 14-11 or something crazy like that. Crazy, no D brand of hockey in those days. :yo:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20964

Still playing at age 46 at 1.5 PPG!

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Isn't that just the norm for UK hockey? Maybe less so nowadays, but I'm always reminded of Tony Hand when seeing crazy production like this. Hand put up Gretzky-like numbers in about half the number of games. Back in the 80'ies scores from the UK would often be 14-11 or something crazy like that. Crazy, no D brand of hockey in those days. :yo:

Tony Hand is an exception in UK hockey. He was an NHL draft pick who went to Edmonton and was called one of the smartest players on the ice besides Gretzky in 1986 as a 19 year old by then GM Glen Sather... That team included Kurri, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, etc.

Tony Hand isn't the norm for UK Hockey at all. He's the biggest 'what could have been? in UK hockey history because he went home as a 19 year old and we'll never know if he could have made it in the NHL. No UK born player has ever come remotely close to his numbers or talent level. Their all-time point leader for the GB national team is Hand with 56GP 35G 72A 107PTS. Next is David Longstaff with 86GP 30G 38A 68PTS. His PPG is also quite a bit higher than any other GB born player who ever played for GB. He also crushes any of the NA players who ever played for GB national team.

RJ8812*

what ever happened to that guy from Israel? I think he was playing juniors here in Canada at one point...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Could someone explain to me why he never had a chance in North America? I mean, he did come over to play in the WHL for 3 games and put up 8 points in that time so he obviously was producing wherever (same thing at international level in the WC, though not in div 1).

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Could someone explain to me why he never had a chance in North America? I mean, he did come over to play in the WHL for 3 games and put up 8 points in that time so he obviously was producing wherever (same thing at international level in the WC, though not in div 1).

He did. He was in Oilers camp in 86 and got sent to the WHL but got homesick, went home, and never went back to NA.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
26 points in 4 games at the WC's? Holy crap:laugh:

Keep in mind that Division III is composed of guys who are probably would look bad on a beer league team. Just watch highlights of the some of the games, some of the players can't skate that well. And I know some countries either don't have a rink at all (Ireland currently, though Belfast does) or is not international size (Greece).

And I think it can go without saying, though I'll say it anyways, that these guys are almost exclusively amateurs in the strictest sense. Some even have to pay their own way to the World Championships, which is often the most hockey they will play all year.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Ye D3 big numbers aren't as impressive as they may seem.

Ireland had an 18 year old on their team last year, Conor Redman. 7 points in 5 games. Pretty good for an 18 year old but he can't even get anything going offensively in 2nd tier senior hockey in England...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad