Unpopular Video Game Opinions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vegeta

Prince of all Saiyans
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I do happen to agree with him, but most people I know would say GSC were the best of the first few gens.

RSE are amongst the most beloved and the most hated. I absolutely despised R/S, but Emerald was actually amazing with the features it brought in. Crystal is still my favourite Pokemon game however.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
:huh:

The amount of people CLAMORING for the R/S remakes because of how popular they were makes me believe otherwise. I loved G/S - but people wanted the Gen 3 remakes so bad because of how popular they were.

They also already had a G/S remake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I've never played the last of us but from what I've seen its definitely not a walking simulator. Gameplay from what ive seen is pretty much your run of the mill naughty dog cover shooter with stealth mixed in.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
There is a ton of valid criticism you can make about TLOU.

I'm not sure it being a "walking simulator" is one of them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldn't say that's an unpopular opinion, especially when Gen I is pretty bad (at least FRLG are competent games).

There is a oddly large number of fans that think Gen 1 was the best and everything else pales in comparison.

This opinion obviously makes no sense in reality because of how bad and broken Gen 1 actually was. This isn't a bad thing either. First game in a franchise needs to simply sell the concept more times then none. The sequels perfect it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
TLOU isn't a walking simulator, it's a ladder carrying simulator.

Also Sun/Moon wins just by virtue of them finally getting rid of HMs.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
TLOU isn't a walking simulator, it's a ladder carrying simulator.

Also Sun/Moon wins just by virtue of them finally getting rid of HMs.

Azumarill was a great Pokemon because he could learn a bunch of the useless HMs and keep him at the bottom of your rotation

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Mortal Kombat should of been nothing more than a footnote in gaming history. It was never a good fighting series.

I'd agree with this. It seems in the arcades at this time there were either Mortal Kombat or Virtua Fighter camps. I never understood why Mortal Kombat seemed more popular.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'd agree with this. It seems in the arcades at this time there were either Mortal Kombat or Virtua Fighter camps. I never understood why Mortal Kombat seemed more popular.

because it didn't look like ****?

maxresdefault.jpg

vs

Virtua_Fighter.png

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There is a oddly large number of fans that think Gen 1 was the best and everything else pales in comparison.

This opinion obviously makes no sense in reality because of how bad and broken Gen 1 actually was. This isn't a bad thing either. First game in a franchise needs to simply sell the concept more times then none. The sequels perfect it.

I will admit that I prefer Gen 1 because of the nostalgia and my inability to acknowledge any pokemon past the 151.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Yeah I was surprised when I first saw this one image that pointed out a lot of the odd flaws with the game, like how focus energy lowers your critical % instead of raising it. With the reverence fans have for it you'd think it would work properly lol

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
People's love of Gen 1 Pokémon is pure nostalgia.

They were buggy, unbalanced, broken messes.

Gen 2 and 3 were vastly superior.

That would suggest that when I continue to replay gen 1, as recently as a couple months ago, I shouldn't enjoy it much more than the newer gens. But I do. It's not pure nostalgia. They've over saturated and over complicated it to the point where it isn't as fun. They are still enjoyable, but nothing compared to gen 1.

Yeah I was surprised when I first saw this one image that pointed out a lot of the odd flaws with the game, like how focus energy lowers your critical % instead of raising it. With the reverence fans have for it you'd think it would work properly lol

Except games always have bugs. OOT had bugs. Skyrim had bugs. Everything has/had bugs. To say something isn't good because of minor, non gamebreaking, bugs is ridiculous. And 2 seconds of googling shows lots of bugs for the newer Pokemon games as well

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Except games always have bugs. OOT had bugs. Skyrim had bugs. Everything has/had bugs. To say something isn't good because of minor, non gamebreaking, bugs is ridiculous. And 2 seconds of googling shows lots of bugs for the newer Pokemon games as well

It's not just bugs. There were also problems like the psychic type being way too good (to the point where they had to introduce the Dark type to balance it out) and the special attack/defence stats being combined into one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad