Unpopular Video Game Opinions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Final Fantasy VII was trash.

Skyrim is one of the best games of all time.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are the best of the series.

DKC 3 was better than DKC 1.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Final Fantasy VII was trash.

Skyrim is one of the best games of all time.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are the best of the series.

DKC 3 was better than DKC 1.

I thought this was obvious? DKC was a pretty shallow game, especially compared to its sequels. That is like saying the original Super Mario Bros is better than Super Mario Bros 3

DKC 2 is GOAT though.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The Sonic the Hedgehog series was never really that good, or near the level of the Mario games.

Beat you to it, albeit with grammatical errors

2d sonic is one of the most overrated video game series ever. About 25% of the game was the actually speed advertised.

The other 75% is some of the most unresponsive, sluggish, stop and start platforming in video gaming.

My middle name is controversy

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Beat you to it, albeit with grammatical errors

My middle name is controversy

Didn't Game Theory prove that Mario in Super Mario World was actually faster?

The Sonic games had their moments, but their core concept was how fast you could run, but the levels were designed to slow you down in the most ******** ways. Great music though. Sonic Team was really good at making catchy music on that weird Genesis soundchip.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How is this "unpopular" at all? This is a popular opinion :laugh:

I do happen to agree with him, but most people I know would say GSC were the best of the first few gens.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Other M is a great game. I seriously do not understand how so many people dislike it.

My only complaint, and it is minor, is that I wish it was a bit darker. Literally and figuratively. It tries to be a kinda dark game with some serious themes and half of it looks like a treehouse cartoon it is so bright and colorful.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Sega Dreamcast > Gamecube

Sega Dreamcast> Many systems.

My personal favourite.

The Dreamcast will likely always be my favorite console. A machine ahead of its time filled with fun, quirky games that you couldn't find anywhere else...a small part of me died alongside that console.

loved it like a brother, played a ton of 2k sports games on it during university with my friends, I think we found it at a garage sale if I am not mistaken. . . I almost want to go on ebay and pick one up just to put in the basement for fun.

My favorite as well. I have two and am in the process of getting a third with a brand new laser. That should be enough for a while:D

tacogeoff - Buy one. They're pretty cheap, and most of the games aren't too bad either. Unless you really like shooters - then prepare to open your wallet.

Like Big said, it had a quirky and unique library if that was your thing. If you liked shooters and fighters it had that, and if you liked sports you were still covered.

I like to think that if Sega skips the CD and 32x we are still talking about them in the hardware industry in some respects, but who knows. The systems influence is undeniable though.

Here is an article you guys might enjoy:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/8-reasons-why-xbox-360-was-basically-the-dreamcast-2

Particularly interesting is the very first reason - Peter Moore

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Didn't Game Theory prove that Mario in Super Mario World was actually faster?

The Sonic games had their moments, but their core concept was how fast you could run, but the levels were designed to slow you down in the most ******** ways. Great music though. Sonic Team was really good at making catchy music on that weird Genesis soundchip.
Flying Battery Zone Act 1 & 2 forever!

Tedium =/= difficulty

The DKC games required near frame-perfect reactions and I ****ing loved those games (well, 2 of them...and the newer ones).
My mother got me the DK64 N64 set and since we were poor, it was my only game for a long time.I finished the game twice at 101% and it was oh so painful in the end.I hate those races with that ridiculous beetle creature.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
RSE second worst? Those are probably my second favorite in the series.

For me it's GSC > RSE > D/P/Plt > RBY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XY

Haven't played gen 5 or 7

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Combined assault was better than socom 2

Wait I got that wrong

Socom 3 is better than socom 2 combined assault

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Uncharted games are terribly overrated, and only lauded for their narratives because of the abysmal status of most video game writing.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Ocarina of Time is a piece of crap.

Was a bigger fan of Majora's Mask, cuz it took more skill. Still wasnt a big fan either tho.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
The consensus is that GSC were the best and RSE were the "worst" because they removed a few core features.

:huh:

The amount of people CLAMORING for the R/S remakes because of how popular they were makes me believe otherwise. I loved G/S - but people wanted the Gen 3 remakes so bad because of how popular they were.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Just started the Last of Us today (late to the party I know).

Good lord this game sucks. There's nothing fun about it whatsoever. I've played almost 3 hours just to see if it picks up at all....nope!

It's basically "Walking Around: The Game"

All the reviews say how great it is and how incredible the story is. If I want a great story I'll watch a movie, or if I'm desperate enough I'll read a ****ing book.

I want the last 3 hours of my life back.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Just started the Last of Us today (late to the party I know).

Good lord this game sucks. There's nothing fun about it whatsoever. I've played almost 3 hours just to see if it picks up at all....nope!

It's basically "Walking Around the game"

All the reviews say how great it is and how incredible the story is. If I want a great story I'll watch a movie, or if I'm desperate enough I'll read a ****ing book.

I want the last 3 hours of my life back.

What.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad