GDT: UFC 305: du Plessis vs. Adesanya/PFL 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm just gonna go ahead and take a wild guess that the 7 foot tall monster hugging Dricus in the octagon is a rugby player?

Eben Etzebeth.

One of the best rugby players. Closing in on the Springbok cap record. 2 time rugby world cup winner.

Kolisi the other rugby player is the Spingbok captain, and won the world cup twice as the captain.

Any rugby questions, you can ask me. Been following for over 30 years :)

Reactions: Chaels Arms

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
DDP might be the best worst champ ever. His style is so disgusting to watch but he keeps gritting his way to wins, dude is tough as nails with an elite chin.

Feel bad for Izzy, his time at the top is done I think and his chin looks more suspect each fight. Weird transitional time for the UFC where dominant champs have hit the end of their run and are getting phased out.. Usman, Volk and now Izzy.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Both fighters looked bad, but Izzy looked very bad
That's what I saw. One of the sloppiest middleweight title fights I've ever seen. Dricus is obviously crazy strong but looks like a inflatable tube man outside of a used car dealership when he strikes. Izzy looked like he was missing some of his speed, technique, and gas tank. Didn't look like the long time champion Izzy.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
That's what I saw. One of the sloppiest middleweight title fights I've ever seen. Dricus is obviously crazy strong but looks like a inflatable tube man outside of a used car dealership when he strikes. Izzy looked like he was missing some of his speed, technique, and gas tank. Didn't look like the long time champion Izzy.

He's looked sloppy in so many fights but he gets it done.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Taytro

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Think the miles and age are getting to Izzy, though he also added a bit of muscle mass this time which I wonder if it slowed him down.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Izzy the past few fights reminds me in a strange way of late stage Tyron Woodley. The way Dricus charged in recklessly all fight would have gotten him completely smoked by younger Izzy but he just doesn't have any offensive firepower anymore it seems like.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He's looked sloppy in so many fights but he gets it done.
100% it just isn't always (or ever) pretty lol. That division used to have beautiful, almost choreographed fights. Now it has this. Fun fight. Fun ending, just different than it used to be.

Think the miles and age are getting to Izzy, though he also added a bit of muscle mass this time which I wonder if it slowed him down.
He usually has a huge speed advantage, especially against the muscle freaks but he didn't look a lick faster today. He obviously looked more technically but couldn't use that with his speed to get ahead today, becuase he didn't have any.

Reactions: I am not exposed

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1723957507104.png

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I just felt like neither guy looked their best...not even close

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Izzy the past few fights reminds me in a strange way of late stage Tyron Woodley. The way Dricus charged in recklessly all fight would have gotten him completely smoked by younger Izzy but he just doesn't have any offensive firepower anymore it seems like.
Yeah you're 100% right. I kept just waiting for Izzy to sit down on a punch and counter the blitz but half the time he did a goofy duck and the other half the time he turned his head sideways. Think he needs to fight down the roster to get him a win.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad