GDT: UFC 305: du Plessis vs. Adesanya/PFL 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a really fun card.

The MMA Gods are a cruel bunch. I thought DDP looked awful outside the second round. Looked slow and was staggering around all over the place and then pulls that off. Showed a lot of resilience and that was quick work with the choke so credit to him.

Izzy looked good. Thought he got careless at the end because of the success he was having but I also think he was more hurt than he let on. DDP got him good with that left. Giving DDP the third round is pure idiocy though.

Co-main was fun while it lasted. I actually thought it could’ve gone on a bit longer but KKF did have him hurt bad. His power for that division is impressive and I honestly didn’t see that looping left coming at all.

Gamrot/Hooker was another really good one. I was leaning Hooker but thought it could’ve gone either way. Another fight where he looked overmatched at the start and then completely turned it around. Felt good to see him get the nod.

Jairzinho mostly did what was expected. Thought he put on a good performance and there was nothing split about that. Just insane to have it 30-27 the other way.

Prates continues to impress. I hope it doesn’t get lost just how good he looked tonight. Dropped Li three times in the first and then I think another two times in the second? Let’s see him against better competition now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
DDP should wait for Alex. That’d be big but mainly because it’d screw over Strickland.

Reactions: CDJ

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Given he's likely added some bulk during his tenure at LHW, that cut is going to be even more insane than it already has been
I don't think he can make MW anymore TBH. I know he posted something on Instagram but I think he's just trolling, it seems like he really wants to go to HW and when Stipe/Jones finally happens they will both ride into the sunset and Poatan will get a clear shot at Aspinall and be able to make history as a champion of three weight classes. That is probably more appealing than killing himself to go back to MW again where quite frankly he doesn't have anything to prove.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I don't think he can make MW anymore TBH. I know he posted something on Instagram but I think he's just trolling, it seems like he really wants to go to HW and when Stipe/Jones finally happens they will both ride into the sunset and Poatan will get a clear shot at Aspinall and be able to make history as a champion of three weight classes. That is probably more appealing than killing himself to go back to MW again where quite frankly he doesn't have anything to prove.
I think he'd make it if he took the time to slim down a bit, but I feel like he's much more likely to want to stay active given his age. And HW is definitely more appealing

I just found out Drake bet on Israel Adesanya. No wonder Izzy lost :laugh:
Double curse of that plus being 35+ too much

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That 30-27 Tuivasa card is the single worst card I’ve ever seen and I’m glad they stripped that guy of his other assignment after that.

I’m not even joking when I say this- he deserves jail time. Not prison but definitely jail. He had to have been corrupt or drunk, there is no other explanation

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-08-18-09-20-07~2.png

Doubt Pereira can make 185 now, and honestly I’d pick Dricus to win that anyway

Pereira needs to not overlook Rountree anyway
Roundtree has recently popped for peds. Lost his aura.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
View attachment 901716

Roundtree has recently popped for peds. Lost his aura.
It wasn’t a real pop, supplement company f***ed something up and Rountree self-reported. It’s why he got only 2 months (which isn’t really a real suspension in MMA).

I think Pereira probably KO’s him but Rountree throws everything with ferocity, he definitely has a punchers chance. I’ll still always remember him as the guy who lost to Prachnio though lol

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I thought that was a great fight, and I don't see what's so bad about DDP.
His style is just so different it looks sloppy and erratic and that's probably what makes it so effective. Also he always looks gassed with the mouth breathing, although improved since his surgery, is just an awkward visual even though he's proven to have a gas tank.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
That 30-27 Tuivasa card is the single worst card I’ve ever seen and I’m glad they stripped that guy of his other assignment after that.

I’m not even joking when I say this- he deserves jail time. Not prison but definitely jail. He had to have been corrupt or drunk, there is no other explanation

He could have at least been a bit more subtle and gone 29-28 lol.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I have no interest in a DDP vs Strickland rematch... the first fight wasn't particularly eventful, and I think there are more interesting matches out there for both fighters

DDP vs the winner of Whittaker vs Chimaev with the loser facing Strickland in a #1 contender's bout seems like a better way to go

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I have no interest in a DDP vs Strickland rematch... the first fight wasn't particularly eventful, and I think there are more interesting matches out there for both fighters

DDP vs the winner of Whittaker vs Chimaev with the loser facing Strickland in a #1 contender's bout seems like a better way to go
Then who fights for the belt next? If you don't want Strickland to get it, and you rule out Whittaker and Chimaev then you're pretty much saying the winner of Imavov vs Allen gets the next title shot, or we wait 7 months to contest the belt. I think both Strickland and the winner of Whittaker be Chimaev are probably closer to the belt than Imavov or Allen (though I like both guys).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Then who fights for the belt next? If you don't want Strickland to get it, and you rule out Whittaker and Chimaev then you're pretty much saying the winner of Imavov vs Allen gets the next title shot, or we wait 7 months to contest the belt. I think both Strickland and the winner of Whittaker be Chimaev are probably closer to the belt than Imavov or Allen (though I like both guys).

He's implying winner of Whittaker vs. Chimaev vs. DDP.

And the loser of that fight faces Strickland.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
His style is just so different it looks sloppy and erratic and that's probably what makes it so effective. Also he always looks gassed with the mouth breathing, although improved since his surgery, is just an awkward visual even though he's proven to have a gas tank.
He's well-rounded and clearly hits hard. Some of the takes about him are wild. Worst champ ever? Tf.

Reactions: I am not exposed

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Izzy has to stop dropping his hands and running away along the cage- I get he’s trying to get to space but it’s something that’s gotten him killed a couple times now. Can’t do it against elite guys.
Exactly, people saying Izzy is washed are missing this. Maybe his gas tank is worse but he lost this fight because of holes that have been there for years. Running away and not being able to hurt guys enough to slow them down.

Reactions: CDJ and Avs_19

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
For next fights I would like something this:

DDP vs Strikland, then the winner of that against the winner of Bobby-Chimaev.

Luke Thomas mentioned he thinks the next move for Izzy is at 205 but that would not go well. He should collect cheques and highlights picking off the lower half of the top 10 like Aldo did.

Hooker looked good, bet against him but thought he clearly won. Fizeav or Gaethje would be cool.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad