GDT: UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Jones is too much of an idiot to keep the company on his shoulders though.

Sure, he'll win the title back and be on top of the company...

Then the next week he'll do something stupid and wind up in jail again.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
That was a dumb fight tactically though. Why would you trade bombs with someone when you could simply just be a little patient and cruise to a decision victory?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Jones is too much of an idiot to keep the company on his shoulders though.

Sure, he'll win the title back and be on top of the company...

Then the next week he'll do something stupid and wind up in jail again.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think Jones was ever close to the draw that Rousey and McGregor were (are?).

McGregor will win 3-4 fights and be back on top. But he might not be QUITE so vocal about how he's going to dominate other weight divisions from here on out. I don't think there's any question as to what would have happened had he fought RDA tonight. Let alone the 170'ers he was talking about fighting.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think Jones was ever close to the draw that Rousey and McGregor were (are?).

McGregor will win 3-4 fights and be back on top. But he might not be QUITE so vocal about how he's going to dominate other weight divisions from here on out. I don't think there's any question as to what would have happened had he fought RDA tonight. Let alone the 170'ers he was talking about fighting.
I mean, I guess we'll wait and see what happens. But I can't see how he could get away with being this cocky again. He could do it now because he was a huge star coming off a one punch KO. Might just sound strange now if he doesn't tone it down.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
1goXvmU.jpg

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The other interesting thing is that this is another UFC fighter who has talked trash about Mayweather that has gotten stopped in their next UFC fight.

These people like Rousey/McGregor simply will never match in their sports what Floyd has done in his.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
The other interesting thing is that this is another UFC fighter who has talked trash about Mayweather that has gotten stopped in their next UFC fight.

These people like Rousey/McGregor simply will never match in their sports what Floyd has done in his.

Floyd will never be as exciting as Rousey/McGregor.

Sure, winning is nice, but sometimes it's how entertaining the fighter is that sticks with you.

Not trying to take anything away from Mayweather's legacy, I just couldn't tell you a memorable moment in his career because I never followed boxing and none of his fights ever caught my attention until the Pacquiao fight which was like watching paint dry.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I need to see gifs of the multiple stockton slaps this fight. You have to know Nick told him to keep throwing them.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
They seemed pretty adamant they didn't want to do that weight cut again.

Probably because they were expecting to run through Nate, If Conor still wants to be successful he will have to cut the weight. No way will he be able to beat guys like RDA, Nurmagomedov, Pettis, Ferguson...etc

Feathereweight is where he will have to stay.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site

Agree completely....Nate Diaz is truly a 155'er.....that 170 talk is now considered insane....

Diaz killed it tonight...that win is better than Holm's Vs. Ronda.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've always loved the Diaz brothers. I've got a soft spot for them. Pretty happy for Nate here -- can't underestimate those guys.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
lol Aldo calling McGregor a ***** after getting knocked out and pulling out of fighting him and turning down the chance to fight him again. Please.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
lol Aldo calling McGregor a ***** after getting knocked out and pulling out of fighting him and turning down the chance to fight him again. Please.

It's kinda scary, but Conor's next fight is pretty make or break. If he loses again he's going to have to take a bunch of steps back. His draw will be diminished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad