GDT: UFC 194: Rockhold vs. Weidman; McGregor vs. Aldo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Flash KO. Pretty shocked tbh. I would like to see those two go at it again but at 155. I also want to see McGregor/Cerrone simply because Cerrone will talk as much **** and the size difference between the two is pretty big. It'd be interesting to see Conor fight someone who's 3 inches taller.

As for Weidman-Rockhold, Weidman dug his own grave with that wheel kick. Completely even fight until that then it went all Silva/Sonnen II from there on out.

Other than the 1st rd, I'm still not that impressed with Romero.

Oct 15, 2008
Dana likes them because they are entertaining and finish fights. This makes them very marketable. What's not to like from a promoter POV?

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
That's a ******** coward move if after that fight, Conner heads up to 155 for good.

Cutting as much weight as he does is dangerous as **** and gets more difficult with age. Also, coward move to go to a division with RDA/Cerrone/Ferguson/Pettis/Khabib?

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Man, great card.

No clue why jacare took romero down at the end of the 3rd...he had him FINISHED up against the ropes and was on the verge of knocking him out and then boom, goes for a takedown with 2 minutes left.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Man, great card.

No clue why jacare took romero down at the end of the 3rd...he had him FINISHED up against the ropes and was on the verge of knocking him out and then boom, goes for a takedown with 2 minutes left.

That was a FANTASTIC card it's been a STRONG year in terms of quality PPVS

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
McGregor one punched Aldo....there's no reason to hype up a rematch as some way to end it once and for all. It's not like it went 5 epic rounds and was a split decision. It was 13 seconds. Aldo didn't earn a rematch.

Plus. The way Aldo whined after the match kinda soured me on him. I'd be disappointed too but don't act like it didn't happen.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The thing with McGregor is that people dislike him because he's loud, brash and full of self-confidence. And because people dislike him they underrate him. People always do that, they overrate people they like and they underrate people they dislike.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I'll also admit, I think it looks bad on the company to have him so buddy-buddy with Dana. I think the same about Rousey, and you can feel it with Paige as well - Dana needs to be a ****ing professional and treat them like employees. I don't care how much more money they make for you, it looks wrong and it feels gross.

Yeah, I was thinking Connor sounded like he was employed on the business side of things in that post fight conference. He has Dana by the balls.

I was also pretty annoyed at how Joe handled that post fight interview with Aldo, and no doubt Dana feels the same way considering how close those two clowns are with each other. Aldo doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that, but ****, this is the same company that disrespected another legend like GSP when he wanted to step away from fighting.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
McGregor one punched Aldo....there's no reason to hype up a rematch as some way to end it once and for all. It's not like it went 5 epic rounds and was a split decision. It was 13 seconds. Aldo didn't earn a rematch.

Plus. The way Aldo whined after the match kinda soured me on him. I'd be disappointed too but don't act like it didn't happen.

Then what is your justification for Ronda getting an immediate rematch when she got dominated and then KOd?

The guy didn't lose in 10 years and neither fighter was truly satisfied at the result. He deserves a rematch. You have to be drinking the UFC's koolaid to believe otherwise.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Then what is your justification for Ronda getting an immediate rematch when she got dominated and then KOd?

The guy didn't lose in 10 years and neither fighter was truly satisfied at the result. He deserves a rematch. You have to be drinking the UFC's koolaid to believe otherwise.

Well...Ronda made it past 20 seconds.

But seriously....Ronda could've been dropped in 5 seconds and she'd still get a rematch. They've put too much time into pushing her as the face of the company to just abandon it. She's still huge money and Aldo's not even close to being the cash cow she is.

You'd have to not understand the business side of things to believe otherwise.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
That's a ******** coward move if after that fight, Conner heads up to 155 for good.

He didn't clean out the division, he started an unstoppable hype train that brought him the gold far quicker than he deserved it. At 45, he beat
Brimage (who is garbage)
Holloway by UD (Holloway/McGregor rematch would be a great fight style-wise)
Brandao (who is pretty garbage)
Poirier (who is a good fighter)
Siver (gatekeeper/veteran, pretty garbage, no longer ranked)
Mendes on crazy short notice.

I have faith that he's a great fighter and that he'll improve, but a one punch KO doesn't impress me in the slightest. I'm not blaming him for the win, it's a results business. I just don't quite understand the hype outside of his personality.

I'll also admit, I think it looks bad on the company to have him so buddy-buddy with Dana. I think the same about Rousey, and you can feel it with Paige as well - Dana needs to be a ****ing professional and treat them like employees. I don't care how much more money they make for you, it looks wrong and it feels gross.

He can't make the cuts. What do you want him to do? Kill himself over the cuts?

Oct 15, 2008
Two wrongs don't make a right. Aldo doesn't deserve ****. He can get in ****ing line after an embarrassing performance like that. Connor obviously got in his head.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

He didn't clean out the division, he started an unstoppable hype train that brought him the gold far quicker than he deserved it.

It's not McGregor's fault that people want to see him fight. This was the most excited I'd been for a fight since maybe Weidman/Silva 2.

The only thing disappointing about last night was Aldo's performance. I expected more from a guy consistently ranked with the all time greats of this sport.

I have faith that he's a great fighter and that he'll improve, but a one punch KO doesn't impress me in the slightest. I'm not blaming him for the win, it's a results business. I just don't quite understand the hype outside of his personality.

A one punch knockout over a fighter who hadn't lost in 10 years, and had never previously been knocked out isn't impressive to you? Tough crowd.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Two wrongs don't make a right. Aldo doesn't deserve ****. He can get in ****ing line after an embarrassing performance like that. Connor obviously got in his head.

I don't think there is a line, McGregor is done with 145. Aldo will come back, win his title with the belt vacant and McGregor won't give him another fight.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
A one punch knockout over a fighter who hadn't lost in 10 years, and had never previously been knocked out isn't impressive to you? Tough crowd.

I'm going to continue to be a hater and I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I wanted to see McGregor win, but not like that. **** like that happens, I think it was a bit of a fluke the way it happened, but it did.

Aldo deserves an immediate rematch and the fact that he'll never get a rematch with McGregor is a joke and completely disrespectful, but after seeing what Dana White did to GSP, I'm not surprised, he's a piece of human garbage.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I'm going to continue to be a hater and I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I wanted to see McGregor win, but not like that. **** like that happens, I think it was a bit of a fluke the way it happened, but it did.

Aldo deserves an immediate rematch and the fact that he'll never get a rematch with McGregor is a joke and completely disrespectful, but after seeing what Dana White did to GSP, I'm not surprised, he's a piece of human garbage.

You're a typical American. Let me quote you something I said to someone else:

Mighty Mouse said: "I think Conor McGregor, that's his fighting style. He comes forward. Aldo doesn't really come forward. He almost mesmerizes you with
the jab, low kick, inside kick, 1-2. I think Conor is going to force that exchange and we're going to find out who's going to be standing after."

Aldo does not have the power in his hands to knock out McGregor. Aldo will not be standing after.

The second quote is mine. I also said to some other trash talker on youtube that if I spend this $60 it will be over so fast that I will likely wonder why I spent it. I am glad the other 4 bouts were exciting and fun to watch.

5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
But that was also the Aldo with the mystique of the champ who hasn't been beaten in forever...now this is Aldo who ran into a K.O. punch in a matter of seconds and was crying about it.

I honestly think that McGregor is the main draw here and Edgar vs McGregor is the best fight in the division that hasn't happened yet.

Edgar will get knocked out like the rest. A lot of UFC fans just do not understand. McGregor's striking accuracy and power are on a different level compared to these featherweights.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

I wasn't calling you, or anyone a hater. I just have always found this idea of "fluke" knockouts to be rather asinine.

It was a disappointing payoff to a highly anticipated fight, but that is all on Aldo.

Maybe, but the proposed Egar/McGregor fight interests me as a fan far more than an Aldo rematch. But then again I never found Aldo to be all that enjoyable of a fighter in the UFC(his WEC fights were incredible though).

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I don't get people saying McGregor dominated Aldo, he caught him with a punch, it happens. It's not like he dummied him for 3 rounds and finally put him out of his misery.

The champs losing could be the best things at this point. If this loss causes Aldo to become that savage that was desperate to win the championship during his WEC days we are in for a treat. I also think this could be a massive growing opportunity for Weidman.

The domination began long before they stepped into the octagon and McGregor beat Aldo to the punch. Even McGregor had said that he wished the fight would have lasted a little longer and gave props to Aldo. Ultimately though, McGregor knew the result would be the same.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You're a typical American. Let me quote you something I said to someone else:

The second quote is mine. I also said to some other trash talker on youtube that if I spend this $60 it will be over so fast that I will likely wonder why I spent it. I am glad the other 4 bouts were exciting and fun to watch.

5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

Where did all your Vcash go, Nostradamus?

Conor's gonna be scary at 155.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Where did all your Vcash go, Nostradamus?

Conor's gonna be scary at 155.

I went all in on Ottawa in the playoffs last year and was left with 50. I just bet 25 on Chicago to beat the Jets and won a little back. I guess I should have bet on this. You could say I was blinded by love rather than using intuition regarding Ottawa.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
He can't make the cuts. What do you want him to do? Kill himself over the cuts?

Then don't say, multiple times, including just a number of weeks ago "I'm going to be a two-class champion. I'll beat Aldo, and then contender at 55 will emerge. I'll go up and beat him. Then a new contender at 45 will emerge - I'll go down and beat him" etc etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad