GDT: UFC 194: Rockhold vs. Weidman; McGregor vs. Aldo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Well, I have to eat crow on Connor. That was unbelievable!

Weidman on the other hand, I was right about. He never really impressed me.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Aldo says, "It wasn't really a fight."

No. It was a one punch knockout.

And you lost.

Hopefully Connor makes him stew for a while. Simmer.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So do the Conor haters think he needs to fight Frankie now to be legit, or has he officially backed up his talk and can move up to 155 if so inclined?

I like McGregor and I also think a champ needs to defend his belt to affirm his position as champ. So Edgar seems like a logical next opponent. That being said, McGregor is a whole new tier of money for the UFC so I'm sure he will get extra leeway on picking his next opponent. Money talks.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Well, I have to eat crow on Connor. That was unbelievable!

Weidman on the other hand, I was right about. He never really impressed me.

Same here, Wiedman is over rated IMO..he's tough with good wrestling... though he got exposed tonight but his foot work is terrible and he doesn't have the speed.

As for Aldo I slightly picked him to win tonight, pretty shocking it ended so fast. Can't wait for Edgar vs Mcgregor.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
**** what an out come but such a shame it happened in 13 secs... An entire year for 13 seconds. Dana wanted to give his pet Ronda an immediate rematch but since he doesn't have a hard on for Aldo he won't do that. You could even tell by the way Joe Rogan was saying it wouldn't happen.

member 51464

Yeah, I'd like to see the Frankie fight too. Frankie seems like a good dude, and it'd be lame to see him fight Aldo (or whoever) for the belt if Conor vacated it to move up a weight class. So, I guess maybe that last fight in Spring. Either Frankie shocks the world or Conor calls it good at that weight.

Who would you all like to see Conor fight at 155?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I'd like to see the Frankie fight too. Frankie seems like a good dude, and it'd be lame to see him fight Aldo (or whoever) for the belt if Conor vacated it to move up a weight class. So, I guess maybe that last fight in Spring. Either Frankie shocks the world or Conor calls it good at that weight.

If McGregor moves up, they have to do champ fights champ. That's where the UFC makes the most money.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
So do the Conor haters think he needs to fight Frankie now to be legit, or has he officially backed up his talk and can move up to 155 if so inclined?

Big Connor fan, but I want him to fight the best before he moves up. Edgar imo is the best behind Aldo at that weight class (Though I'd argue that he's better than Aldo). If Connor get's by him, he should move up.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

Give him Cowboy or Pettis. If he wins then give him a shot at the champ.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Connor McGregor, walkin' the walk.

He talked and backed it up with his fists.

Love it.

Aldo can fight his way back. No need to rush the re-match.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I don't know, Connor is good but Lightweight is a murders row. Seeing what Chad Mendez did to Connor in the wrestling and looking at some of the guys like Nurmagomedov and Rafael dos Anjos it might not be smart to move up yet.

Though Pettis vs Mcgregor would be an epic fight.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Rousey is on the cover of a video game, Aldo isn't. UFC is a company and about income. Fact of the matter is that Rousey is a much bigger name in America than Aldo.

People have been anticipating Aldo vs. McGregor for over a year, you don't think the re-match would draw more fans than McGregor vs. Edger or someone else? Funny enough, once Holm knocks out Rousey again, UFC might have to re-think their strategy.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
WTF is this??? F uuuuuuuuuuuuuu Aldo for wasting my time. Fking useless

Can no one holding a fking belt anymore? Fking damn it
Yeah the guy who hasn't lost since 2005 is useless and can't hold belts for long.

Props to McGregor..he did what he said he would do.

Not how I necessarily wanted to see it go down (wanted a longer fight) but McGregor stepped up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad