GWT: UCL Matchweek 2 & 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Does united fire ogs after this if they lose. Or do the glazers give him the Liverpool game on Sunday

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Benzema is dumber than a bag of hammers. Rather shocking his career has panned out as it has. Can't imagine he's completely innocent this go round or any other.

Well color me shocked. After you declared Ndombele top 5 last season and the way you ride Frenkie... Anyway, Frenkie off to a slower start this season. Ndombele seems to lack the commitment to get to the next level. He's still young though and it could be in part his managers too.

And while I have you, you keep referencing Guendouzi and the headless chicken thing, though I didn't say it, but you did say the same about Riqui! Blasphemy really.
It's "Frenkie". I don't wanna read anything about autocorrect or whatever else.
See, that's a lot of crap for someone asking for "context" in every post.
I posted Ndombele was a top 5 MF RIGHT NOW when he was in peak form. I never argued he was over the season obviously. And I never "not" rated FDJ. I said he needed to do better at one point last season. Again, context.
Yes Riqui can run everywhere as a headless chicken. Color me shocked you don't see it. I also said IIRC that it was maybe to his lack of playing time and him wanting to prove everytime he came on the pitch.

As for Benzema, it's a classical case of someone becoming rich and keeping his childhood friends trying to pocket money through him unfortunately.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There's very little options available to replace him.
Yeah, I was having this convo the other day.

They’d want some offensive minded coach who wants to dictate the whole game.

Conte is really good but more regressive than Tuchel idk

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Reading some of the comments, Liverpool are one of the best teams in the game again this season, but yesterday's result has plenty of context that shouldn't be ignored.

Benzema is dumber than a bag of hammers. Rather shocking his career has panned out as it has. Can't imagine he's completely innocent this go round or any other.

Well color me shocked. After you declared Ndombele top 5 last season and the way you ride Frenkie... Anyway, Frenkie off to a slower start this season. Ndombele seems to lack the commitment to get to the next level. He's still young though and it could be in part his managers too.

And while I have you, you keep referencing Guendouzi and the headless chicken thing, though I didn't say it, but you did say the same about Riqui! Blasphemy really.

Take the result really. Sadly it doesn't sound like they played well, but expectations should be low with Koeman.

It's "Frenkie". I don't wanna read anything about autocorrect or whatever else.
When you know him as well as I do it’s Frankie

Reactions: cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I was having this convo the other day.

They’d want some offensive minded coach who wants to dictate the whole game.

Conte is really good but more regressive than Tuchel idk
We also lack a lot of players that would fit Conte’s system. Aka we don’t have anyone who can play a wingback role except for Telles really.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
See, that's a lot of crap for someone asking for "context" in every post.
I posted Ndombele was a top 5 MF RIGHT NOW when he was in peak form. I never argued he was over the season obviously. And I never "not" rated FDJ. I said he needed to do better at one point last season. Again, context.
Yes Riqui can run everywhere as a headless chicken. Color me shocked you don't see it. I also said IIRC that it was maybe to his lack of playing time and him wanting to prove everytime he came on the pitch.

As for Benzema, it's a classical case of someone becoming rich and keeping his childhood friends trying to pocket money through him unfortunately.

Take it easy, I'm not calling you out.

I never said otherwise about Ndombele nor did it characterize it otherwise. I also never said you didn't rate Frenkie. I said you ride him and you do. What was odd though you saying Ndombele was top 5 and then riding Frenkie who was fantastic last season and easily top 5.

The point was I see some similarities in Guendouzi and Riqui and I think it's odd to say it about one and not the other.

As for Benzema, at the end of the day he makes the choices.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When's the last time Blanc coached anywhere? If he's so good, wouldn't he be working?
That's an awful argument.
Anyway,
Blanc wanted to take at least a full year after being fired from PSG.
He rejected multiple big teams because he didn't want to take over during a season.
Then he simply didn't have offers because football is like this.
Then his historic assistant became a head coach himself, raising question as to how Blanc would fare without him (legitimate questions IMO).
Then he filed for the Lyon job. And he interviewed because it was between himself and Garcia. And then something happenned that nobody understands. Lyon chose Garcia, absolutely underperformed, sold/lost some of its most promising youngsters because Garcia didn't want them (Gouiri, Kalulu, etc...).
And Blanc decided a few months ago to sign with a Qatari club (where he's not performing).

Blanc might be past it, totally possible. But this is also a guy that made PSG play great football (something they never achieved regularly since), had them have the most dominant seasons ever in L1 and took a mediocre Bordeaux team to L1 champion, CL QF, winning a CL group unbeaten with Bayern and Juve (5 wins, 1 tie).

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea losing both their strikers today… rough

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Take it easy, I'm not calling you out.

I never said otherwise about Ndombele nor did it characterize it otherwise. I also never said you didn't rate Frenkie. I said you ride him and you do. What was odd though you saying Ndombele was top 5 and then riding Frenkie who was fantastic last season and easily top 5.

The point was I see some similarities in Guendouzi and Riqui and I think it's odd to say it about one and not the other.

As for Benzema, at the end of the day he makes the choices.
Totally agreed about choices. Just saying unfortunately, it's highly common.
The top 5 was very much a flavor of the month and I said so at the time.
Douzi is IMO very different from Riqui.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad