GWT: UCL Matchweek 2 & 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your point was that he was uncommonly good at penalties among world class players. I just don't understand how you can say that while ignoring that his conversion rate is on par with other world class players.

You can subjectively say he's the best all you want, I won't argue with you. To say he's uncommonly good and then shutting your eyes to the actual penalty results is silly.

I’m not shutting my eyes. Feel free to disagree. However, as one of those articles I linked mentioned, he’s gotten a lot better at them in recent years. That’s another reason why citing full career stats is a bad retort. My belief is that he’s the clear best of the current generation’s top players. And when I say uncommon, I don’t know why you take exception to that. Neymar is not the best player in the world. He’s probably not even second or third best. He’s been upstaged his whole career at the club level. At PSG, he’s currently upstaged by Messi and Mbappe. However, he’s better than the other two at penalties. Overall footballing ability doesn’t always correlate to football ability. In penalties, he’s the current standard. That’s why I say uncommon.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dest twice lost the ball tripping over his own feet trying to be Ronaldinho. Missed a golden chance and ran aimlessly down the wing.

And now fake de Jong can’t hit the target with his supposed strength.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I’m not shutting my eyes. Feel free to disagree. However, as one of those articles I linked mentioned, he’s gotten a lot better at them in recent years. That’s another reason why citing full career stats is a bad retort. My belief is that he’s the clear best of the current generation’s top players. And when I say uncommon, I don’t know why you take exception to that. Neymar is not the best player in the world. He’s probably not even second or third best. He’s been upstaged his whole career at the club level. At PSG, he’s currently upstaged by Messi and Mbappe. However, he’s better than the other two at penalties.
Okay, but even in the last two years, his numbers aren't far and ahead of everyone else. I cited those stats too.

I take exception to it because his conversion numbers aren't such where you can reasonably say that he's clearly better. It would be like me saying that subjectively Ryan O'Reilly is the best faceoff guy in the league and is uncommonly good among first line centers at faceoffs and then ignoring the numbers that say he's certainly good, but Kopitar, Bergeron, etc. have substantially similar FO%

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They didn’t seem to care about that since they signed a couple of other guys not even knowing if they could actually use them in play.
Yes because signing guys on a free is the same as spending 50 million on a defender. You’re quickly rising up the ranks on here I’ll give you that.

Reactions: cgf and luiginb

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Yes because signing guys on a free is the same as spending 50 million on a defender. You’re quickly rising up the ranks on here I’ll give you that.

Oh i guess they are all playing for ten bananas each and a free lapdance then? Yeah i’m always on top for sure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Okay, but even in the last two years, his numbers aren't far and ahead of everyone else. I cited those stats too.

I take exception to it because his conversion numbers aren't such where you can reasonably say that he's clearly better. It would be like me saying that subjectively Ryan O'Reilly is the best faceoff guy in the league and is uncommonly good among first line centers at faceoffs and then ignoring the numbers that say he's certainly good, but Kopitar, Bergeron, etc. have substantially similar FO%

You're both acting like the GOAT isn't 30/31 on penalties; scoring the rebound on the 1 miss he's had...SMDH

Reactions: bluesfan94

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh i guess they are all playing for ten bananas each and a free lapdance then? Yeah i’m always on top for sure.
And welcome to ignore. You have brought zero insight from what I can tell. you have no interest in having a discussion on anything all you do is troll get called out then cry. I can only assume this is a burner account tbh. Later days

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Piece of s…

According to his son Jurgen, Guido was waiting for some friends in the parking lot when a Club Brugge supporter took his scarf from around his neck, when Guido asked for it back, he received a heavy blow to the head and was "left for dead".
The 63 year old is fighting for his life in hospital.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Or a Pool fan here saying Fabinho wasn't much of a player and downplaying here at every opportunity.
Only player under Klopp with Thiago that can claim to have been labeled as world class before joining them.

Anyway, yes he missed a preseason pen, which is why I said official.
Oh for sure. I think LFC got Fabinho at the perfect time and he has improved at LFC as well. If he wasn’t world class after his last year at Monaco, he was pretty damn close.

yes preseason - just wanted to illustrate what happened there, and why he hasn’t taken them (Milner and Salah in front of him hasn’t helped either).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
You're both acting like the GOAT isn't 30/31 on penalties; scoring the rebound on the 1 miss he's had...SMDH

Kruse's record is great, but from active players I'd still rate Lewandowski over him because of volume. And Lewandowski has been even better since 2018.

"Best penalty shooter: Robert Lewandowski, Rickie Lambert, Max Kruse
InStat selection includes penalty shots, attempted from 2009 till 2018. That is why the rating does not mention the legendary Southampton midfielder Matthew Le Tissier. He is the 1st midfielder to score 100 career goals in EPL. In all Le Tissier has scored 209 goals, 48 of which came from penalties. Throughout his career the Englishman attempted 49 shots from the spot, with a single save being made by Mark Crossley of Nottingham Forest in 1993.
Max Kruse is the best penalty shooter among active players. Through his career he has attempted 24 shots from the spot, while not failing on any. His streak goes on for 6 years as for now: it started on April 7th, 2012. Ricky Lambert once scored from 30 penalty shots in a row - from May 2nd, 2009 till August 3rd, 2014. Robert Lewandowski was perfect on 31 consecutive attempts - April 8th, 2015 - February 17th, 2018."

Penalties: Ultimate guidelines - InStat

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lewa, by the way, is 64/70 (91.43%) in his career, but some have come for and against Dortmund, aka low pressure situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad