UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Tickets to Isles home games on the secondary market are cheaper than the food

This teams miserable performance is going to be a disaster for renewals next year.

Count me as one of those non-renewals. First time full season holder and it was a great first time experience but as a 27 year old who makes a decent but not exorbitant living, and the cost of living going up all around us, I can't afford the full season+full parking+price gouged concessions again for a full year.

Love the building, but the on ice product and $4 tickets on StubHub are enough for me to save $$$$ on not renewing a full.

We'll see what the half/partial plans look like. Have heard from a lot of people around me and on social media that they're unlikely to renew as well for next year.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Is it April 1st? What the hell happened around here? A two day time warp?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Count me as one of those non-renewals. First time full season holder and it was a great first time experience but as a 27 year old who makes a decent but not exorbitant living, and the cost of living going up all around us, I can't afford the full season+full parking+price gouged concessions again for a full year.

Love the building, but the on ice product and $4 tickets on StubHub are enough for me to save $$$$ on not renewing a full.

We'll see what the half/partial plans look like. Have heard from a lot of people around me and on social media that they're unlikely to renew as well for next year.
as I predicted it is probably going to be the same old at UBS once the novelty wears off, and it has little to do with how the team is doing, Islanders have a small fan base and unless there is an extra incentive to get fans to go (team is playing great, last year at old arena, first year at new arena) attendance is always going to be an issue, I still fear attendance could actually be worse than Nassau or Barclays, UBS is just more of a pain in the ass to get to and is further away from the heart of the fan base.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
What happened? Russian cyber attack finally get HF?

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
No sugarcoating it, team's performance will necessitate lowering prices, probably substantially, to keep those renewals. Goodbye waiting list. That's the reality of a year like this.*

*Yet another year like this, all too reminiscent of many other years, despite the team's recent success.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I mentioned this in the GDT -- but thought it appropriate to share here too.

I asked Shannon if she has heard any feedback from any player about the quality of the ice at UBS. With all the drama and miserable reviews the ice received from Barclays, I thought it an interesting question.

Paraphrasing, she said that she hasn't heard anything, which is good, because they never mention when the ice is good, only when it's bad.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Emails went out today regarding next season to the STHs. No price increase for my tickets in sec 117. However they are going back to 10 payments instead of 12 installments.

I haven’t heard about prices in any other sections yet.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Renewal information for next season is out. They didn't make it easy to find. Had to click through that video link in the 50th anniversary email. Price for my seats in lower bowl shoot 2X corner has remained the same. I won't be renewing at these prices. I suspect they will lose a ton of people.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Renewal information for next season is out. They didn't make it easy to find. Had to click through that video link in the 50th anniversary email. Price for my seats in lower bowl shoot 2X corner has remained the same. I won't be renewing at these prices. I suspect they will lose a ton of people.
If you think these prices are high take a look around the NHL at comparable seats. My seats are on par with what Devils STHs are charged, a little lower than the Flyers, and a LOT less than what the Capitals and Rangers charge.

$95 a game for a seat in 117 is reasonable.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
If you think these prices are high take a look around the NHL at comparable seats. My seats are on par with what Devils STHs are charged, a little lower than the Flyers, and a LOT less than what the Capitals and Rangers charge.

$95 a game for a seat in 117 is reasonable.
I hear you, but the Caps and Rangers STH's aren't unloading tickets in the secondary market for <50 cents on the dollar. I signed on for this season mostly due to the inaugural year at the arena, the recent team success, and like most others - playoff rights. I get that you can't look at this as an investment, and you're gonna be out money at the end of the day, but the limited size of the fanbase just can't support the resale market for this team. Seasons make sense for someone that doesn't care about the resale market, absolutely loves their specific seats and section, and goes to a lot of games. I think the new arena brought a lot of new blood into the STH family, but most of those were casual fans. Next year I'd much rather bounce around the arena, pick off the specific games I want to go to, and just pay market rate for playoffs. Last year's STH prices for playoffs were basically market rate anyway - so that incentive to me has come off the table.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York

$4 on stub hub? Then you have the fees. Use Tick Pick. No fees.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
For those of you that use the South parking lot, how does that work out? Is it better than Emerald? I’ll be coming from Garden City.

Ad

Ad

Ad