UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Beers are about $20 each so two burgers and fries for $37 is pretty normal.

there’s plenty of other stuff besides burgers.
The fact that a beer is $20 is a f***ing ripoff. I’ll never understand the audacity to charge that much. They’d still be making a huge profit if they charged 8 dollars a beer. A 12 pack can be had for 12-18, and they wanna charge 20 for a single beer?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
It's an interesting "slider" of cost and bar scene.

If the bars around the concourse, had $5-$8 drinks, the bar area would be packed with typical beer swilling imbeciles. 3/4 people deep.

If the bars around the concourse had, shall we say just for fun, $30 drinks, the bar area would be empty. Completely empty.

The price point for drinks is $16--$19 currently -- as a result, you can walk up to any bar around and grab a drink, with near zero wait at any time during your stay at UBS.

I like it. I can tell someone to meet me at the 111 bar and we hang and have a chat and a beverage -- not soaked by some moron spilling his beer or have some big haired, long nailed LI Karen squawking to her friends within earshot.

I hate spending that much on a beverage, but I only have two or so a night -- and LOVE that the price point keeps the drunken hooligans away. Pregame properly people... this is the moral of the story.

Am I old? Perhaps -- but I dont want to deal with that anymore - -and judging by UBS, they dont want that in their arena either.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
The fact that a beer is $20 is a f***ing ripoff. I’ll never understand the audacity to charge that much. They’d still be making a huge profit if they charged 8 dollars a beer. A 12 pack can be had for 12-18, and they wanna charge 20 for a single beer?
Wow. Glad I got sober a long time ago. I remember when I was outraged when beer went above 5 bucks!

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
It's an interesting "slider" of cost and bar scene.

If the bars around the concourse, had $5-$8 drinks, the bar area would be packed with typical beer swilling imbeciles. 3/4 people deep.

If the bars around the concourse had, shall we say just for fun, $30 drinks, the bar area would be empty. Completely empty.

The price point for drinks is $16--$19 currently -- as a result, you can walk up to any bar around and grab a drink, with near zero wait at any time during your stay at UBS.

I like it. I can tell someone to meet me at the 111 bar and we hang and have a chat and a beverage -- not soaked by some moron spilling his beer or have some big haired, long nailed LI Karen squawking to her friends within earshot.

I hate spending that much on a beverage, but I only have two or so a night -- and LOVE that the price point keeps the drunken hooligans away. Pregame properly people... this is the moral of the story.

Am I old? Perhaps -- but I dont want to deal with that anymore - -and judging by UBS, they dont want that in their arena either.
"Am I old" I'd say hooligans pretty much confirmed that.

Reactions: Bones45

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
So now that I had Covid, for the second time, it gives me less hesitation to travel right now.

Looking like I'm gonna be going to the March 24 game against the Red Wings. Staying with my cousin in Hicksville, just need to see how willing she will be to drop me off. Fingers crossed.

Haven't bought my ticket yet, was debating on the Dime Club since it includes food and non-alcoholic drink, but in terms of price differences doesn't seem I'd probably get my moneys worth.

This is the longest I've gone without going home, 2 years this month, so I'm excited to get back up even if the team is playing like trash.

How is the Isles Lab store? I usually make a trip to Northwell Ice Center and end up getting some good Isles gear I can't get online. Is that still my best bet, or does the arena have a good selection? I just know it's probably going to be overpriced like most arenas, but I haven't traveled in forever and if it saves me a trip I'll consider buying there.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Good morning folks, fan of another team coming in peace. I'm going to UBS on Wednesday to see Tool play, what am I looking at on the parking front? Is there a better or worse option that i'd be looking at? Also any decent places nearby to grab a beer or a bite? Thanks in advance (hopefully)

EDIT: Current plan unless directed otherwise was to take Southern State to Cross Island to UBS

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Good morning folks, fan of another team coming in peace. I'm going to UBS on Wednesday to see Tool play, what am I looking at on the parking front? Is there a better or worse option that i'd be looking at? Also any decent places nearby to grab a beer or a bite? Thanks in advance (hopefully)

EDIT: Current plan unless directed otherwise was to take Southern State to Cross Island to UBS

Where are you coming from?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

South lot is close, emerald is further. Bring a beer for the walk from emerald. Or shell out big bucks for diamond parking right in front.

Reactions: UnSandvich

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Looking to buy parking. When my wife took the kids to the Canadians game she said that it said south lot was only available for pre-purchase so she had to park in the emerald lot. So I am online today to try and grab parking lot pass for south lot and ticket master only has the emerald lot as an option. What am I missing?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looking to buy parking. When my wife took the kids to the Canadians game she said that it said south lot was only available for pre-purchase so she had to park in the emerald lot. So I am online today to try and grab parking lot pass for south lot and ticket master only has the emerald lot as an option. What am I missing?
The South Lot was pre-sold for season ticket holders. It’s not available for day of game purchases in advance.

You might find someone selling a South Lot parking pass on StubHub.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
The South Lot was pre-sold for season ticket holders. It’s not available for day of game purchases in advance.

You might find someone selling a South Lot parking pass on StubHub.
I have a link to a site where you can get south lot parking, but costs like $10 more than face value. Probably can’t post links, so PM me if needed.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
So now that I had Covid, for the second time, it gives me less hesitation to travel right now.

Looking like I'm gonna be going to the March 24 game against the Red Wings. Staying with my cousin in Hicksville, just need to see how willing she will be to drop me off. Fingers crossed.

Haven't bought my ticket yet, was debating on the Dime Club since it includes food and non-alcoholic drink, but in terms of price differences doesn't seem I'd probably get my moneys worth.

This is the longest I've gone without going home, 2 years this month, so I'm excited to get back up even if the team is playing like trash.

How is the Isles Lab store? I usually make a trip to Northwell Ice Center and end up getting some good Isles gear I can't get online. Is that still my best bet, or does the arena have a good selection? I just know it's probably going to be overpriced like most arenas, but I haven't traveled in forever and if it saves me a trip I'll consider buying there.

I was just given tickets to this game too. First game at UBS. One of my former summer-rental tenants gave me incredible seats in sec 105. I owe him one!

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Went to my first game at UBS today, my son was playing the mites game after the 1st period. Arena was really nice. The policy of not showing replays is terrible... sucks the life out of the arena.
Everyone loves cross ice mites!

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
If it was up to Trotz, he'd have the mites on the bench and make the coaches play.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
I’d tolerate a shit season and missing the playoffs if at least the home record was marginally good.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I believe I said this in the GDT but I brought my friend who isn't the biggest hockey fan to UBS and he loved it, already looking for concerts to go to.

It's definitely a premier arena any way you cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad