U17 World Hockey Challenge

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Could Ivar Stenberg be better than Otto Stenberg or atleast as good?

Difficult to say at this point. Ivar has still growing to do. Otto was a ppg player in J20 when he was in Ivar’s age. The latter is only playing J18 (which won’t be for long imo). Somewhat different players too, although Ivar has been scoring like his bro in this tournament.

But the thing that is perhaps most impressive... is the huge progress Ivar has made during the past year. From not being considered good enough to even be named to the team, he now looks like a top 4-5 forward on the roster.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Pretty poor second period after a decent first one. Players looked tired/satisfied already. Czechia deserved the two goals they got, I guess.

Benak appears to struggle a bit physically, but showed some glimpses of brilliance. You can see that he is a very creative player who loves to put up fancy moves/stuff. Shifty player.

Reactions: Goodman68

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
This was the most boring game I've seen Sweden play in this tournament. Swe players looked kind of out of gas. 5 games in 6 days... so they get some well-needed rest being qualified for the semi.

Frondell obviously a stand-out early on with his hattrick, Boumedienne with a nice goal and Sörqvist came up big in net when it mattered the most. But just like in previous games, Sweden had like 6-8 breakaways (1-on-1 with the goalie) and coud not finish :)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1699409432276.png

I think this means Czechs and Finns and Canada vs Canada?

Both Canada's beat the US.

I will repeat.. why the hell is Benak not on line 1? Otherwise, I think Czechs did fine in round robin. Beating both Canada's is rare and unique.

Reactions: martygod12

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
That sucks with both Canada team playing each other.
a well rested team USA should roll to Gold.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
View attachment 764749

I think this means Czechs and Finns and Canada vs Canada?

Both Canada's beat the US.

I will repeat.. why the hell is Benak not on line 1? Otherwise, I think Czechs did fine in round robin. Beating both Canada's is rare and unique.
Better then last year definitelly, but still 5th out of 6. But since the teams are very even it maybe doesnt matter that much.

What I am a bit dissapointed with is the performance of Benak, He should have completely dominated this category, yet he kinda sturggles and is in 3rd line for some crazy reason lol.

He looks kinda down lately. After that dominance at Hlinka and great preseason with Plzen mens team he is kinda below expectations now. Logically Plzen had terrible start of the season and he suffered from it, but after he was send back to U20 league I expected dominance and not 6 points in 8 games, thats just not enough. And its not that Plzen U20 is not scoring enough either, so a poor team offense cannot be blamed on this, its really a bit dissapointing. And now his production at WHC is also dissapointing. So I am a bit worried what is happening with him. Hopefully he can quickly turn it around.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Better then last year definitelly, but still 5th out of 6. But since the teams are very even it maybe doesnt matter that much.

What I am a bit dissapointed with is the performance of Benak, He should have completely dominated this category, yet he kinda sturggles and is in 3rd line for some crazy reason lol.

He looks kinda down lately. After that dominance at Hlinka and great preseason with Plzen mens team he is kinda below expectations now. Logically Plzen had terrible start of the season and he suffered from it, but after he was send back to U20 league I expected dominance and not 6 points in 8 games, thats just not enough. And its not that Plzen U20 is not scoring enough either, so a poor team offense cannot be blamed on this, its really a bit dissapointing. And now his production at WHC is also dissapointing. So I am a bit worried what is happening with him. Hopefully he can quickly turn it around.
I honestly thought line 1, 20 minutes a night and he'd have 10 points in 5 games.

No idea what is going on there. Hoping it's injury because a smaller player like him needs to produce a lot of points to be noticed. He doesn't have the 'intangibles'.

On a good note, and speaking of intangibles, Pavel god an NHL game in last night. 6 minutes but still.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Guessing the Czech vs Finland game should be a close affair.

It is hard to beat a team twice in one tournament so maybe that is going for us and the round robin loss is a good bounce.

If I see Benak on line 3 I will really question what the f*** we are doing.lol

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad