Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
On draft day Dorion said we like that he can score from outside the dots

camZ

Jan 28, 2021
he had no control over when he was selected in the entry draft…. so it’s a little petty to use that against him.
I have nothing against him or the selection. I’m under the belief that we have our core players and need to fill in around them. If he can manage to make it to the NHL even in a 4th line role that’s a win. I’m a big fan of the kid and his style of play.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I have nothing against him or the selection. I’m under the belief that we have our core players and need to fill in around them. If he can manage to make it to the NHL even in a 4th line role that’s a win. I’m a big fan of the kid and his style of play.

So you don’t see this a “shot” against him?

1703340211851.png

With the exclamation marks, and the sarcasm I think most people would see it as a ”shot” at Boucher, who has only played ONE game for the Ottawa Senators organization…… I know some fans existence is based on negativity portraying every single thing the Senators do, but this is a bit early.

camZ

Jan 28, 2021
Just pointing out the stats - to defend him, as most ppl don’t like the selection! You tell me we get a 0.5 gpg player? That’s a steal!

No hate for the player or selection, we got Jimmy and Josh for ek65 and Sandy as well, to build on top of of our other solid core players. A consensus “miss” at 10th overall is not a huge deal. If he becomes an NHL player at any capacity it’s a W

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
To echo what other people have said - it sucks we took him at 10th OA, but putting that aside he would add a nice dynamic to our bottom 6 that we're sorely lacking if he develops well. Maybe he can work with Matt Nichol to stay healthy?

Reactions: Tuna99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
His shot (and skating) has been underrated since his draft IMO.

I think most have acknowledged his shot, skating and physical play.

Speaking personally, I have just questioned why, with those skills, he wasn't able to produce more offensively.

I hope he turns it around, is healthy the remainder of the season and can have a good off season so we can have a better idea of what we have in him.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would love nothing more than for this kid to prove us haters wrong by becoming a great NHL power forward. Nice to see him get a goal last night, but he still has to prove for the rest of this season that he can both produce and stay healthy at the AHL level. To quote Darryl Sutter in talking about a young prospect, long way to go...

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Boucher should have stayed in college. I feel that move back to the CHL was short sighted.

If you look at him as a project, the skating, shot and fiestiness show why people still see a high floor here.

He's got parts of a pro skillset in his game that are hard to teach. He just needs more seasoning, he needs to add some of those easier to teach pro skills and he needs some good health.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I would love nothing more than for this kid to prove us haters wrong by becoming a great NHL power forward. Nice to see him get a goal last night, but he still has to prove for the rest of this season that he can both produce and stay healthy at the AHL level. To quote Darryl Sutter in talking about a young prospect, long way to go...
He will at least be a useful bottom sixer for us. And that’s all we need. Just be patient. He’s still very young.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

The package is intriguing. He could be a guy who compliments a top 6 line or he could forecheck on the bottom lines.

Jacques Martin likes having players like Neil, Fisher who cause havoc by just exploding defenceman on the hard forecheck and seeing what they can do with the loose puck after. Boucher reminds me of Mike Fisher/ Chrsi Neil a bit he can really cause fear/ pain to defenceman on the the forecheck and then actually has skills to cycle and fiendish

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Mike Fisher? Chris Neil? That’d be a miracle… I’ll target a stronger Parker Kelly for now.

Crazy that there a people who would rather see a player fail for this team than succeed.

Nobody WANTS to see Boucher fail lol, it’s just that people have witnessed a prospect that has failed TERRIBLY so far

But it’s not all his fault, surely being taken 10th overall by a team that desperately needs to get out of its rebuild didn’t help, unhealthy pressure that he didn’t need. He could almost sue them if it doesn’t work out

Grieg is too good to play on the fourth line.

If they saddle Greig with 4th liners/AHLers, I literally quit on the new coaching staff as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Grieg is too good to play on the fourth line.
Yeah I've heard a few people say this. Are you guys well? He's their best player in large parts of many games.

Glad boucher is actually playing. Hopefully he can actually string together some large chunks of games.

Reactions: Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Mike Fisher? Chris Neil? That’d be a miracle… I’ll target a stronger Parker Kelly for now.

Nobody WANTS to see Boucher fail lol, it’s just that people have witnessed a prospect that has failed TERRIBLY so far

But it’s not all his fault, surely being taken 10th overall by a team that desperately needs to get out of its rebuild didn’t help, unhealthy pressure that he didn’t need. He could almost sue them if it doesn’t work out

If they saddle Greig with 4th liners/AHLers, I literally quit on the new coaching staff as well
Has he failed terribly?

He looks to me like a prospect who has been injured so often that he hasn’t been able to get going… Yet.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Has he failed terribly?

He looks to me like a prospect who has been injured so often that he hasn’t been able to get going… Yet.

Well, that’s part of it, but when he played, he also has been outscored by pretty much every prospect from that draft, even D-men from the sixth round

If Boucher was a 4th+ round pick, we wouldn’t even talk about him right now

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad