Ahhh

Fresh meat
Even better in French : Les Bouchers de Belleville, as a nod to :

1703208932997.jpeg

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
All he has to do is outplay Kelly for the job. I don’t see that not happening

I'd be shocked if Boucher plays at all in the NHL this season. On a normal trajectory he's probably playing most of this season in the AHL. Guys like Guenther, Clarke, Rosen, etc. are all playing in the AHL right now, and Boucher is starting way behind them on the timeline.

If Boucher can re-establish himself as a legitimate prospect by the end of this season, that would be a huge success.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd be shocked if Boucher plays at all in the NHL this season. On a normal trajectory he's probably playing most of this season in the AHL. Guys like Guenther, Clarke, Rosen, etc. are all playing in the AHL this year, and Boucher is starting way behind them on the timeline.
Who cares about this year. He is obviously in ahl all year getting reps.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I took your comment about competing with Kelly to mean this season. We don't know who he'll be competing against for a job next September, and I'd say there's a good chance Kelly's not in the organization.
Oh yeah my bad. Kelly is an rfa next year so we’ll see.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I want to see this guy make it as an important fixture in our bottom 6 for many years.

I don't care about point totals, scoring, whatever. If he becomes a prime Ryan Reaves, that is a very valuable player to have. There is a reason Ryan Reaves has made nearly 20 million dollars in his career, while averaging less than 10 points per 82 games. Players who can hit, fight, and change momentum in playoff games while also playing 10 minutes a night without being too much of a liability simply don't exist.

Reactions: LiseL

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I want to see this guy make it as an important fixture in our bottom 6 for many years.

I don't care about point totals, scoring, whatever. If he becomes a prime Ryan Reaves, that is a very valuable player to have. There is a reason Ryan Reaves has made nearly 20 million dollars in his career, while averaging less than 10 points per 82 games. Players who can hit, fight, and change momentum in playoff games while also playing 10 minutes a night without being too much of a liability simply don't exist.
Not comparable at all.

The toughest guy in the league for years to a guy that won't scare anyone.

Boucher is not a fighter and probably shouldn't try to be, and hitting guys in the NHL is very different than teeing off on teenagers in junior.

Let's just let him develop and see if there is anything to be salvaged.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not comparable at all.

Boucher is not a fighter and probably shouldn't try to be, and hitting guys in the NHL is very different than teeing off on teenagers in junior.

Should send him to the ECHL for a while

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Not comparable at all.

Would Steve Webb from the Islanders be a good comparable.. he use to hit everything that moved but was not a fighter!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad